Wednesday, July 16, 2014

RP: Good News Wednesday!!!

RE-PRINTED from here: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/07/good-news-wednesday.html




Two nicely constructed Canadian boys created "Hot Tub Cadillac" from a 1969 DeVille, and plan to set a hot tub speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats in August.


Possible snafuBonneville is a Pontiac brand, so may not be compatible.





>>> MORE GOOD NEWS TODAY!!!:


1. I'm getting dizzy from that animated gif above, so this is filler to help readers, so affected, scroll down and get that OUT OF THEIR FIELD OF VISION!!!


2. Yesterday, I continued my recent trend by sleeping in until 11:00 AM, due to blogging at 1:00 AM and staying up until 3:30, since I had napped that day from 4:00 PM until after 7:00. Although my sleep pattern might seem erratic to many, I am overall getting about nine hours of sleep per day, two hours more than my normal -- this, I believe, because of the wisdom of recent decisions to LET LAWYERS DO THE WORK, rather than me try to reason and/or even bully those who have broken laws and the US Constitution to persecute me for my knowledge of US Government crimes.


I am catching up on RELAXIN'.


So with little time left, yesterday, I tried without success to get my Windows 8 computer to hold an internet connection -- but I got it going well enough to work on fixing the formatting in WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS available to the public FREE in blog format: http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx/, and I got the first eleven chapters done!!!




I ran into a problem resolving an issue of some single-spacing, when the great bulk of the messed up blog had been QUADRUPLE (or even more) SPACED, and I am converting to double, but any remaining single does NOT mess up the reader's experience, so if I can't fix it, no real problem. I know there are more difficult formatting challenges as I approach the end of the book -- but I'll just have to do my best, and with luck, COMPLETE IT TODAY!!!

I also got a haircut, shopped, and generally cleared my schedule for today, so I can complete this -- and also contact Bank of America (time allowing) -- perhaps through personnel I know, rather than through Customer Service, who STILL refuses to explain the current situation with my account.

I had a nice twenty-minute conversation with my mother, who has learned how to RECEIVE and READ emails on her new iPad -- but NOT how to reply to them.


Sister Jane might give Mom a lesson!!!


But Mom DOES know how to search for info on the web, and that's what she's been doing. Would be interesting to see her trail -- but I did not even ask what she researches.


3. I got into a knock-down, dragged-out fight on Facebook with a generally very reasonable friend in Atlanta who posted scientifically false propaganda against fluoridation of water -- an issue well settled years ago, except that some Tea Party Christians are mounting a new war against it. She angrily un-friended me -- and then we began typing most respectfully via Facebook messages, and found our common ground, and even re-friended each other!!!


The last few days, I've seen many on Facebook posting about OLD CONTROVERSIAL THINGS that are now replaced with more pressing issues, and calling them WEIRD. Three people are spreading stories of how most press-reported gun massacres in the USA are at least suspicious and PROBABLY NEVER HAPPENED, but instead of actually taking that stand, when I contacted and asked them (one via email, actually), they deny that they have conspiracies to divulge -- while spreading innuendo or rumors that these things are lies!!!




The one thing that all three imply never happened is the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School -- and SEVERAL Tea Party Republicans have taken the public position that this was FABRICATED BY BARACK OBAMA.


What's up with ANY of THAT???


4. JUST FOR FUN, here is the list in descending order of most popular search terms leading to this blog during the last thirty daysMany of them are salacious








-- and what is NOT showing is that for over a year, the GREATEST question has been about Wilmington, North Carolina Mayor Bill Saffo's divorce of his wife Rene -- and the RESTRAINING ORDER she got against him SECRETLY. The wording of the question has been so diverse, that only one single way shows here, with the others worded all over the place.



Bill and Rene Saffo in happier days.




Rene Saffo's new MAIN IMAGE from her Facebook Page.


Looks like she's ready for DATING AGAINno???



5. Well, I'd better get to work . . .


Scott




“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 

― Martin Luther King Jr.


.

No comments: