Sunday, July 27, 2014

RP: Well, THAT Was Easy!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/07/well-that-was-easy.html







>>> THIS JUST IN: FACEBOOK, which brings forward and posts' photos in linked articles, alwayshas stopped bringing in MY photos from this BLOGCIA didn't want me to have a TOTALLY easy day -- LOL!!!



>>> EASIN' INTO IT TODAY . . . 


1. FIRST, I took an only 13 question quiz to see how much I know about the Bible, and came out:


LikeLike ·  · Promote · 


And then I got into it briefly with a Christian over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which is simply Jew vs. Muslim to most. Oddly, although I've known many Muslims in the USA, and with the exception of one family, they were ALL the nicest, kindest people, I find the little I know about the teachings of the Koran to be at least as demeaning to women as the Old Testament -- and Conservative Christians are more Old than New Testament in their actual words and actions.

So I think the REAL problem in the Middle East is Religious Intolerance. Israel can claim NOTHING until it gives up all the Illegal Settlements in Arab Territory. Either that, or annex everything where settlements are (which no other country would likely accept). The stories we hear are horrid-sounding to BOTH sides of the conflict, and if it weren't for the religious and therefore cultural differences, there would be no conflict. Religious sites in that areaJewishMuslim, and Christian, are often STACKED atop each other -- SO HOW DO YOU SEPARATE THEM???


  • Scott Kenan The only thing I see happening is God-hating Muslims and God-hating Jews trading lies and bombs because they think God loves them best. With luck they will mutually destroy each other. Religious people are like devils.
    5 hrs · Like
  • Charles Gross I don't know what to say, other than I stand with Israel, I believe that Muslims are barbaric, sub-humans who need to be exterminated from this earth...
  • Charles Gross I'm not sure what Scott Kenan is saying, bur if it is that he thinks that Christians are as bad as Muslims, then I have no use for him as a person. Scott, you have the opportunity to clarify....
  • Lisa Dillard Seabolt Going to share ...clarifying article . After the Holocaust ---glad they are well armed and prepared to fight! This is dead on!!!
  • Scott Kenan Charles Gross: I do not argue with someone who admits he condemns a whole class of people (for religious, racial, or any other reason). You made my point for me: Too many people claiming to be Christians are full of hate.


>>> ADDED TO THIS CONVERSATION @ 9:48 AM, CDT, the next morning:

  • Shirley Jones Scott...Please know Israel will be last nation to stand. ..it is written!
    10 hrs · Like
  • Scott Kenan Shirley Jones: Pretty much everything has been written. The Bible says it's an abomination to touch the skin of a dead pig. Do you condemn American football? I doubt it. You pick and choose what you like in the Bible -- human nature. The Bible has passages to support every human prejudice.
  • Scott Kenan Regardless how anyone chooses to interpret "Bible prophesies", enthusiasm over an ultimate triumph of the nation of Israel does not mean all Muslims are "barbaric sub-humans who need to be exterminated from this earth", as Mr. Gross claims, and no "Christian" here challenged that. Jesus STILL weeps.



Better to end this with a JOKE:




And just a little advice to remind us all to keep the expletives down (except where appropriate):





2. The HUGE SURPRISE here, is that with so many getting small, little-known beaches (and I thought my choices would give me a beach in California), I got the ONE GEOGRAPHICAL CONSTANT of my life -- growing up all over the Northeast and Midwest, then living most of my adult life near Atlanta, I have ALWAYS gotten to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach a LOT during my entire life, beginning with age 6 weeks.

  • Too damned funny!!! I thought with my answers it would have to be in California.


    www.buzzfeed.com
    Wrightsville Beach is beautifully picturesque, and just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Wilmington, NC — a place made popular thanks to Dawson’s Creek. You’ll never want to leave.
LikeLike ·  · 


And my Dad's best buddy from growing up there, Odell Balkcum of the later "Used Cars Balkcums", fed me a teaspoon of bourbon then to keep me from turning Yankee -- and it worked!!!




3. Gorgeous photo of a friend of mine and her daughter:



"Wilmington, 
This is where I used to dream I'd live when I was 12. This is where I'd come when I was a scared, sad, rejected, little 25 year old sad about her daddy and 500 miles from home. There are no words to describe what it was like today to take my daughter to "my place" and think "This is where you come from. This is where I fell in love with your Daddy. This is where I met the people who helped me gain the strength to be who you need me to be.". Baltimore is my first home, but Wilmington, you will always be where my heart is. Thank you, Jimmy Larson. You're passing brought me back today." 




4. I HOPE I haven't ruined my KARMA




But with the rainy season being the insect-abundance season, the geckos in my house have grown so FAT, their droppings are nearly as big as those of rats, so after debating for months (with myself), I bought a tube of caulking and closed their room-entry hole.


I don't know if they were in or out -- or if they have another opening . . .




Mine are actually translucent, and on a typical evening, I'd have 12 - 18 running around my living room/kitchen walls and ceiling.


5. And today, I finally "corrected" all the names of the Durham, North Carolina artist "Rafael Cherry", his Czech national boyfriend, Andatti Wagner-Gooch, MD, and Andatti's employer, Opaciti http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/07/some-tricks-linger-longer-than-is.html.


I didn't really want to because what I reported is really what he said -- although in earlier blog postings (2010 - a few months ago), I WASoccasionallyover the top in my vehemence -- and Rafael is a RABID SEWANEE ALUMNUS!!!




I have NO IDEA who Billy Fingers is -- but I TOLD YOU, today was EASY!!!


Scott

.

No comments: