Thursday, August 7, 2014

RP: On the Day I Was Declared TOTALLY MEXICAN (but not legally)!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2014/08/on-day-i-was-declared-totally-mexican.html







>>> I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SHOW SOME GRATITUDE FOR A GROUP I OFTEN OVERLOOK: CHRISTIANS WHO SEEM TO UNDERSTAND JESUS'S MESSAGE TO ALL:


1. And Antoinette Tuff is one of the best and MOST EFFECTIVE. I also thank CNN for making such a fuss over her -- of course she is from Dekalb County, GA, just a few miles from CNN HQ in Atlanta, and the county I lived in in Stone Mountain 1988 - 2010.

And Antoinette's interview with Anderson Cooper (again aired last night), reminds me why I so SORELY MISS all the black folks in both Atlanta and Wilmington, NC -- and am reminded of Tennessee Williams' insight when he wrote the character "Mac" (a tall, silent black observer), in IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE, based, they say, on me.

I recount in my memoir, http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx/, how when the mail came from Tennessee's agency and included letters from fans, that often black fans assumed he was black. Tennessee told me several times that was the HIGHEST COMPLIMENT of his life -- and he often cried when it happened. In both the DVDs I have on him and his life, he states that he has ALWAYS believed he was actually black.


Of course THIS doesn't make me very MEXICAN, but I'll get to that in a moment.




I am SO PROUD to have known Audrey Hepburn (when I worked for Tennessee Williams -- this is recounted in my memoir). I'm one of the luckiest people who ever lived -- because meeting influential people did NOT STOP THERE!!!




I hope the punishment comes. However, I don't have much faith in the ignoramuses who elected these people in the first place. I'm keeping my hopes alive, though.

This should make you livid. 

Via Occupy Democrats
This should make you livid.
LikeLike ·  · 
  • 2 people like this.
  • Scott Kenan I understand and agree with this sentiment, but let's hope Democrats (or others), give us something to vote FOR this fall. As long as we see it as BEATING THEM instead of PROMOTING PROGRESS, we will be condemned to fail.
  • 17 mins · Unlike · 1



>>> MEANWHILE, HERE IN MEXICO . . .


1.

LikeLike ·  · Promote · 


This is a very controversial change in Mexico, but with additional sweeping changes allowing private production of electricity, as well as telecommunications, banking, and other reforms. Presidente Enrique Pena Nieto is revamping MUCH of the Mexican Constitution and Body of Law -- with the support, also, of PAN (the party of former Presidentes Vincente Fox and Felipe Calderone), as well as the third largest Party.

Having seen that Mr. Pena Nieto ACCOMPLISHED nearly every one of his 288 goals while Governor of the State of Mexico -- I would withhold judgment as Time plays out on the effects, both intended and not.



As you can see, President Barack Obama of the USA is STILL waiting for the "go ahead" gesture . . .


The only comment I see from America is from the Kenan Family owned (Frank Sinatra's heirs are in second position of ownership), BANK OF AMERICA:


“Of all the reforms that have been done up to now, this is without doubt, the most important,” said Carlos Capistrani, chief economist in Mexico for Bank of America Merrill Lynch. “It has the potential to transform Mexico.”


2. (Although not exactly about Mexico): 



Bank of America has tentatively agreed to pay more than $16.5 billion in what would be the biggest mortgage securities fraud settlement to date.


Shocking that BoA's TOTAL FINES over actions surrounding the Great Recession will then total $72 BILLION -- FAR larger than any other bank, and NO ONE has gone to jail and the victims of banks are getting LITTLE RELIEF. Money is going to the US Governmentmostly!!!



bofa bank fines

I am still hoping that I can somehow help influence Bank of America to ABANDON the ways of the GREEDYWHITE SUPREMACISTREPUBLICANEPISCOPALIAN KENAN FAMILY, and RETURN to "Sinatra Family Values"!!!


Of course the Kenan Family ALSO controls Exxon-Mobil, long known for its CIA connections and tentacles into governments EVERYWHERE IT OPERATES.


3.


In a setting not unlike this (except the walls were not so freshly painted -- and my dentist is the darkest Mexican I have seen -- not including those exhibiting negroid features), I finally got my bridge for the back lower molars on my right side, last night.


TOO BAD I OVER-NAPPED AND MISSED MY APPOINTMENT BY TWO HOURS!!!


But it THRILLED my dentist to see me late -- instead of just his labratorio always being late. He declared me now COMPLETELY MEXICAN -- OLE'!!!


And the bridge just sort of sits in place with wires around the backside of my lower teeth -- surprisingly comfortable, but I wondered how secure, so I went to "EAT AT DAVID'S: American Comfort Food" restaurant, knowing they were serving meat lasagna last night -- to give it a risky, public test.


I was alone with an obviously gay guy (no, NOT effeminate), at a nearby table, and I was thrilled to consider how the last five or so months I NEVER need to tell every English speaker I meet about my PASSIONATE POLITICS, and I didn't him, either.


I'm making too much real progress in straightening out my life and legalities (although only in the "Court of Public Opinion"so far -- soon to change).


But then the youngish man who first got me to audition for the Puerto Vallarta (Gay) Mens Chorus (the gay group that dares not speak its identity), came and joined him, and we had a rollicking good conversation -- beginning with the fact that the Director has been REPLACED.



Perhaps now, it can get past being dominated by Older Gay Gringos who think it's about reenacting Mart Crowley's 1970 THE BOYS IN THE BAND.




>>> AND FINALLY:



Ben Currie shared Grammarly's photo.
3 hrs · 



“I’m so conflicted about this. . .”
  • 6 people like this.
  • Scott Kenan Being 6' 11" since about 1970, I have not concerned myself with these things.
    2 hrs · Like
  • Ruth Lafler LOL. A couple of times a year I have to ask for help getting something off the shelf at the grocery store.
    1 hr · Like
  • Alexis Danzig Being 5 feet tall, in the supermarket I often ask the tallest person I see for a tall person favor. With a big smile. And I spawned a person who is now taller than I am to help out, you know, with the dusting and such.
  • Scott Kenan Oh honey!!! I have been embarrassing women (mothers of friends -- actual friends don't seem to much care), for DECADES, because I see ALL the dust and grime atop their refrigerators -- and hair-roots as well!!!
  • Scott Kenan I myself must be sure to keep my nose-hairs trimmed!!!
  • Alexis Danzig ^ Hair roots? Are women still dyeing their hair? Come on over and I'll put you to work. The teenager's been at camp and I can't reach a thing.
  • Scott Kenan You married a TEENAGER??? (I had misunderstood.) I could tell you some SCAREY THINGS that I've seen from up here -- and I'll dust/reach for you if you pay my airfare from Puerto Vallarta . . . (she lives in NEW YORK CITY!!!)
    15 mins · Like · 1
  • 15 mins · Unlike · 1



Keeping them trimmed for over SIXTY-THREE YEARSnow!!!



Scott

.

No comments: