Saturday, March 28, 2015

RP: Tennessee Williams Festival Friday Report

RE-PRINTED from here: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2015/03/having-little-time-i-will-tell-you-1.html






Tennesse Williams



Having little time, I will tell you:


1. John Lahr's face lit up like a Christmas tree -- or maybe the angel on top -- when I told him his fixing the time-line of Tennessee Williams's death PROVES that my claims are not just possible, but LIKELY!!!

2. A wonderful panel on Tennessee's surpisingly active life in drawing and painting was NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED that the FIRST move in opening USA-Cuba relations was an exhibit of his paintings in the top Art Museum in Havana. They yawned.


I AM LEARNING WHY TENNESSEE HATED SCHOLARS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!


3. I have been asked to help set up a new Williams Fest in another city!!!


4. I have an appointment with a well-established filmmaker this afternoon, at his request.


5. John Waters is a BLAST, but claims he had no idea that Stanley Buchthall (produced his 1988 HAIRSPRAY), had a brother Lawrence, for whom I worked when that film was released. I also told him Stanley's parents once had me to Passover Seder, and he said he's frequently in touch with Stanley still -- -- and also loves the parents.


6. I may be mutually falling in love with a woman of stage, screen, and cover-girl experience. It's like a bro-mance, but me being gay, it is with a woman. SHOCKING, but we'll see what develops . . .

S

.

No comments: