Wednesday, April 22, 2015

RP: Arresting Words and Images:

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2015/04/arresting-words-and-images.html





Never lose your luggage at the airport again!!!


http://www.dose.com/lists/19577/Monster-Themed-Luggages-That-Will-Either-Be-Conversation-Starters-Or-Conversation-Enders?utm_source=sz-social&utm_medium=9P24&utm_campaign=3zMz




>>> IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:


1. The FIRST thing I heard when I turned on CBS morning show: "There are a million more barrels of Bourbon in Kentucky than people."




No wonder Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell have been acting that way!!! Readers will recall that when I was the tender age of six weeks old, my parents drove me from Cincinnati to Wilmington, NC -- and Dad's best buddy from growing up there, Odell Balkcum (whose family LATER got into used cars), fed me a "teaspoon" of Bourbon to keep me from turning YANKEE.

And it worked fairly well -- as three months ago, I took an online quiz and came out 45% Yankee and 55% Southerner (rebellious).

2. I've been having so much fun on Facebook with my cousin Judy Whitney, that I got overexcited and BLABBED my long-time intention, which is to pay off their mortgage -- so I felt I should make a PUBLIC declaration of it too.

You see, Chuck and Judy BUILT that entire house themselves, only having to hire a plumber because of local laws. And the two of them actually have crisscrossed America many times -- they owned a tractor-trailer and hauled independently most of their professional lives -- getting to have many adventures.

It is not important how they got upside-down in the house some years ago, but it would be fun to relieve their financial worries -- AND the two of them plus daughter Wendy will soon go on an American Road Trip, so they must at least have a little breathing room now.





3. But let's get to what is actually most important, this morning -- the matter of an online hat business and its perhaps somewhat paranoid owner -- MY BENEFACTOR.

The best thing to me about yesterday, was that I really WAS not so much angry as ready to disclose the facts to all my readers, who can come to their OWN conclusions about my psychosis and Testosteroni. And then I went back later and softened it considerably, as well as added LINKS on the top right of both blogs for people to shop at his store.

I think Testo is too much a recluse and ANTI-news-hog to have any idea how out of line he now is with American Society -- which has caught up to pay him more RESPECT!!!

Testo has told me MANY times about his mailman who tries to convert him to Judaism. I never heard of a proselytizing Jew, so assume the guy is just trying to bring him out of his turtle shell.

And the ONLY real problem Testosteroni has had with other tenants is his cigarette smoke seeping into other apartments -- but he QUIT a few weeks ago and is doing GREAT on that!!! The overall impression I get is that the landlord AND tenants see him as a virtually HISTORIC feature in his building, and rather like him. He never bothers a SOUL.

Testo has several times told me of a female tenant on his floor who has left ribboned bottles of wine in front of his door.


See what I mean???

Now, it is very true that Testosteroni has advised me to do MANY things that would have set me up to be killed. BIG DEAL!!! So did my own MOTHER -- and I have given Mom CREDIT for toughening me up and teaching me on the gymnasium of her Roman Catholic (NAZI part of the Church -- not the REAL part), HATRED and FEAR!!! 
I don't see a blog posting that exemplifies my credit to Mom best, but it is interlaced throughout this blog the last quarter year, especially. And Testo himself would attest that I have NOT been going ballistic with him, just trying to understand why he continues to do this. Witness his ASSHOLE remarks here: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.mx/2015/04/why-my-mother-went-apoplectic-on-phone.html.

So whether Testosteroni fell into this evil way of thinking due to unnecessary injections of Testosterone, or just because he withdrew from Society and is so long out of it he's lost -- or maybe MOST likely, since he's 81 instead of the 71 he told me, and I imagine I'll have more "slips of mind" at 81 than at 71 -- or my current 63 -- he just is dealing with aging of the Human Mind.


>>> SCOTT KENAN'S BOTTOM LINE ABOUT TESTOSTERONI:


Testo (consciously and/or deliberately -- or not), picked up where my mother left off training me -- and has done a BETTER JOB OF IT -- HELLO, I NEVER SUFFERED ANY REAL HARM FROM HIS IDEAS -- so Testo is one of God's GREATEST ALLIES!!! Just don't expect HIM to admit that.


>>> AND A LOOSE END OR TWO:




One of my FAVE groups -- back in the day.

A few are aware that I VERY recently ALMOST went after what could be called my "Shep Huntleigh". David Wolkowski.


Mr. Key West Selling Private Island

In true celebrity style, James Bond landed on the island in the novel "License to Kill," when 007 called Mr. Wolkowsky to say, "David, it's James, James Bond... I've broken into your island. I hope you don't mind." - See more athttp://www.worldpropertyjournal.com/featured-columnists/celebrity-property/mr-key-west-selling-island-ballast-key-for-sale-7034.php#sthash.8WZMsyYm.dpuf


You see, I met David Wolkowsky through Gail Brockway -- a year before I met Tennessee Williams in 1981, when I managed TUX restaurant (where Jimmy Buffet's original Margaritaville bar/restaurant now stands on Duval Street) -- and it was through one of my waiters at Tux (Gary Tucker), that I met Tennessee Williams.

But in any case, David was Gail's landlord, and always coming by to share ideas. I only was acquainted with him then -- or later when he hosted Tennessee Williams and me at the Sands, his latest beach development. It must have been torn down years ago now as I can find no photos of it on the internet. But here is Gail's current restaurant:


Old Town Mexican Cafe


And this is a chapter from my memoir, about Tennessee Williams reading his short story, "The Donsinger Women and Their Handyman Jack" at David's The Sands. Tennessee had been using the story to give me MESSAGES that were not pretty -- and I was SUPER NERVOUS -- as was Tennessee!!!

http://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.mx/2013/10/chapter-24-public-reading.html

The point of this being that I do NOT need to contact David Wolkowsky -- although I would LOVE to talk about the old days with him. 

I was just thinking that if Testosteroni no longer helps me, I might NEVER get that conviction in Chicago thrown out -- but that simply is NOT true. ALWAYS find my way. I had hoped to enlist David's support.

Also, Testo never said ANYTHING about our latest kerfuffle -- he's just not now talking.

So, we'll just see what develops . . .


>>> ONE FINAL THING:



Dan KEENAN Savage is my very distant Irish-Catholic relative. We Kenans come from Presbyterian Scots -- but it is the Irish branch that is Original -- the Cainans (original spelling and alt spelling in some translations of 1st Chronicles in the Bible -- Kenan -- an Age -- being 4th in line from Adam to Noah), were scholars and clerics to the landowning Maguires in Medieval Ireland.



For years Republican politicians have repeatedly referred to their "gay friends" when trying to walk the fine and practically non-existent line of denying human rights to...
THENEWCIVILRIGHTSMOVEMENT.COM
Like · Comment · 



PLEASE know that Jimmy Soni who made HuffPost what it is today for Arianna (who actually sold it to AOL a year or more ago), is STAR BOARD MEMBER at the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University!!!


The brilliance of stunning emerald waters lapping sugar-soft beaches and welcoming hospitality create an energy you'll long treasure! Romance is in the air! Welcome to Puerto Vallarta! The sizzling contrast of gold sand, verdant jungle-covered mou...
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
Like · Comment · 


Scott




This painting by Tennessee Williams is of his friend David Wolkowsky. It's currently on display at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art in New Orleans. Wolkowsky owns the piece, which is on permanent loan to the Key West Art and Historical Society.

Credit Key West Art and Historical Society / Courtesy


.

No comments: