Wednesday, October 28, 2015

RP: OY -- What Happened to the SANITY We Used to Have in Our Lives???

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2015/10/oy-what-happened-to-sanity-we-used-to.html







Scott Kenan shared a link.



The photos are part of the New York Public Library's archive.
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
Like   Comment   



You may have a dedicated file on you kept by the FBI and/or the NSA.
DAILYKOS.COM
Like   Comment   



After my last posting, I learned I spoke too soon about my "domestic situation", and without going into details, since Father Bob Kus and Sister Mary Isaac understand some of the situation, I stopped by St. Mary's office hoping I might chance on one of them to speak with about it. It is for the best that they were not around, as I knew how they'd advise me. I DID actually buy one of Fr. Bob's books, and in beginning to read his old journals, I learned that within the first week of January 2009, he had faced that some priests are not as giving of priestly services as is he -- and that a guy he was sending money to to buy a pick-up truck for his farm in Honduras could not get the money from the bank until he jumped hoops to prove it was not about NARCO-TRAFFICKING!!!


I'm going to love reading this man's thoughts about his experiences.

And in getting to their bookstore to buy the book, the young woman who seemed in charge of all the people bustling about in the reception area, when I brought up trying to expose drug corruption and that I've known a lot of powerful people over my life -- including some powerful Catholics, and I mentioned Coach Lou Holtz who did NOT put a smile on her face, I even dared to say that he was part of the problem, although also seen as a "Super-Catholic" and very involved in Catholic Charities, she said, "Too often that is the case. We (she and her friends, I suppose), know about these things."


I found her honesty, which I think was just her own, to be SO REFRESHING.

And after I ate some dinner out at Big Oak Barbecue, I called a friend for his thoughts on it, then acted in a way that was difficult, but I believe correct. I hope to be able to explain more fully, soon, but it has included quitting smoking any pot. It is simply NOT simple -- like it was in Mexico.


And REALLY, meditation is better for relaxing -- if not always as reliableLOL!!!


Oh Lord -- and he's a Republican from North Carolina

Is ANYONE surprised???




Rep. Mark Meadows showed "a shameful display of misogyny," an American…
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM|BY MARINA FANG
Like   Comment   

And while I understand a lot of the FRUSTRATIONS of the Republicans on stage, tonight, they are NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.



The amount of bad grammar in today's discourse is all but intolerable. Grammatical people COUNT candidates -- don't measure them in amounts.


OK, I'm a little fed up.


But ONE SPECIAL THING HAPPENED TODAY, that is better than all the bad and murk needing clarity: My younger sister Julie, called and left a voicemail that we should talk soon and catch up.






Scott Kenan shared a link.
12 hrs



Among his latest hits is an ambitious plan to repurpose one of our federal agencies into what we'll call a Department of Reeducation.
DAILYKOS.COM
Like   Comment   


Scott Kenan shared a link.
12 hrs



Congress has little more than a week left to reach a budget deal before the deadline reaches and the country defaults on its debts. President Obama said that he will not…
RINGOFFIRERADIO.COM
Like   Comment   





Tennessee Williams's photo.
Tennessee Williams
"There is a time for departure even when there's no certain place to go."
--Lord Byron from "Camino Real" (1953)
Like   Comment   


Testosteroni sent me this quote on a T-Shirt with Tennessee Williams's face.


There are quite a few people I'd like to literally bump into while wearing it -- with my height, it would be RIGHT at their EYE LEVEL.


Scott





.

No comments: