Monday, February 1, 2016

RP: Perhaps Joseph Faulk Should Print This Email and PRESERVE IT UNDER GLASS -- so that He FINALLY GETS THE MESSAGE, no???

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2016/02/perhaps-joseph-faulk-should-print-this.html




Hi Joseph,

While the gist of what you wrote here is correct, we still do not seem to understand a couple of things, so let me try to be clear in writing.

The facts: Today, Dewain came home at 8:00 PM, rather than the "at dark" (6:30), he had planned, then too late to panhandle or look for work -- and since he has not bought a light for his bike, it is illegal for him after dark -- but that not a biggie. He also knew that as a favor to him, I was making fried chicken about 7:00 PM. He did not call to say he'd be late. He came in singing and dancing and spewing gibberish -- slurring his words, but claimed not to have had a drink or other thing. He says he panhandled a net $38.00 -- after buying and smoking an entire blunt (thick marijuana joint) much EARLIER in the day, but the money was NOT stolen -- he lost it. That must be true since he brought home no pot, which he has never been without for a minute since he got home from jail. But this is so like CRACK-SMOKERS' stories, I am now concerned about that.

As you are well aware, Benefits Management has ALWAYS paid my full rent -- except since I moved here. Now they pay $600.00 and I pay the remaining $400.00 of rent essentially out of the $1,000.00 you send monthly (although a roommate's rent actually would and DID cover that $400.00 while Phil was here). Although getting the money from Phil was not easy, the final weekly rent of $120.00 / 7 x 30 = $514.00/month, was helping out also with the increased utilities. The increase in utilities is a wash with this excess, so essentially your generous help was for other purposes as I saw fit -- as it always has been, the last 4.5 years.

This has been how it has been since I began getting Disability in April of 2012. And with the moves and especially the LOSSES, mostly due to fleeing criminals in Mexico, I have needed this much help.

However, for reasons unknown to me, you are saying that you have designated $400.00 of the (sent me in) January stipend to go to Dewain to pay his rent, so you REDUCED my amount to $600.00. I, on the other hand, have said that it was I who decided to take a chance on him and willingly reduced what I would have to help him out -- because I believed in him, and I would put off other things I could have productively used the money for.

This all has the same effect, although the "legalities" of it are different. The other $800.00 I split according to your instructions, and Dewain got $300.00 -- which he basically spent very well. The $500.00 for me was used to cover $300.00 of car costs of repair, and the remaining $200.00 covers about what I spent from my pocket on clothes and incidentals for Dewain.

Bottom Line is that it is ALL a wash, except that with Dewain paying no money for rent the first month, my income from you was effectively diminished by $400.00 -- and that was MY decision, and I am responsible for it.

The problem is that I do not know yet what might be the problem with my alternator, and if it's bad, it will cost "over $500.00" to replace, which I assume means not likely as much as $600.00. I had hoped to be able to hold that much in reserve, as I'd LOVE to not be asking for additional moneys, but without it -- and our arguing about all this stuff -- makes me less than comfortable, and downright NERVOUS when you insist on arguing about it. I just hope the troubles with the alternator since the battery change were a "fluke", and it is fine.

I'm surprised that you thought that had he the money, today, Dewain would have paid me "$20 - $25" today. His first rent of $120.00 is not due until 2/13/2015. Are you used to paying rent on the "Lay-Away" plan??? I've never heard of it and all landlords I ever talked to accept nothing but the full rent at once. If he has the full amount early, I would accept that then -- giving him a pad of additional time before the next rent is due.

He came back from going to "find cigarettes" after about 20 minutes and no longer exhibited ANY signs of his strange, earlier behavior. I don't know what to think of that, but earlier, he was "trippin'" so bad that only the verbal equivalent of a slap to the face got him to get out of MY face. It may just be that even at his best he is too different from me to be my roommate.

In high school as well as college (one of the best private colleges in the country), I hung mostly with the handful of students who not just excelled, but were brilliant thinkers. I have always been most comfortable with this sort of people, and today, being back in touch with Bob Jones, whose campaign for President of the Senior Class I successfully ran, as well as my 9th grade crushee (who has had an amazing life and now lives in Washington state), and even gotten in touch with my 8th grade crushee (whom Bob Jones dated for at least a year while we were in high school), and her family recently liquidated their Waterloo Gardens, which had been the most deluxe of Philadelphia area garden centers/landscaping services, with about four satellite locations, not all in Pennsylvania, their heyday -- about ten years ago. I see that Linda is now working on a book about the whole "family business" experience.

Bob is getting a group of friends together for a week of golf in either Pinehurst, NC or Myrtle Beach, SC, and expects to pass through here in a month or two. You see, my mother first KILLED my desire to become an architect -- perfect for me since I test 99% in everything except English (92%) -- saying I should be a boring and bored accountant. Then after getting me saddled with the false diagnosis of Bipolar in 1978 because I had begun talking about the swastikas and daily beatings of my upbringing, has systematically swooped in to destroy what I was doing WHENEVER I was getting "ahead" -- including TWO attempts to buy property for which I had been pre-qualified (no, not the Mismaloya Casa Vista Los Arcos), but in 1978 and 1990 -- and my parents even had the GALL to later say that THEY should have bought one of them because it was such an incredible deal and THEY could have made a lot of money off it!!! !!! !!! 

My immediate family are the most evil people I've ever known closely.

And then all the latest difficulties beginning in 2010 -- when my parents and sisters CONSCIOUSLY AND DELIBERATELY LIED to authorities in Georgia and North Carolina that I was supposed to be on meds when my own doctor was convinced I was not bipolar and took me off them -- every mental health professional I've seen since has found me NOT mentally ill, but suffering some stress.

Now, if you want to continue to act like you work for my mother (I think my sisters now know I'm not Bipolar, etc., but they have no CONSCIENCE, so will NOT make any amends for the INCREDIBLE costs to me of their actions -- including the loss of my entire net worth, art collection, etc. -- in FACT, they have not even ATTEMPTED to apologize. Jane had the GALL to say she "understood" and "did not blame me" for not wanting to have anything to do with them -- this about three years ago.

Understanding one's evil ways and past actions UN-DOES NOTHING -- the fucking bitch!!!

And most of them claim to be CHRISTIANS -- LOL!!! Jesus would ROLL IN HIS GRAVE if he knew people were so hateful in his name.

Please keep this email in a place that you can read it at least once per week. Your memory is far worse than mine, and unlike me, you said you permanently delete all emails after about two months.

It is not actually my concern whether it is "old age", lies, or a side effect of medications, that causes you to act this way -- like you kept trying to keep me in harm's way in Mexico -- even to NOT return to the USA after two attempts on my life in one week, and the fake bomb placed in my car and the Police were part of the problem.

I have kept GREAT records of your working against me. So if you aren't stupid or deliberately trying to harm me, please explain your actions. I will not hesitate to take this overwhelming circumstantial proof -- greatly amplified by your past communication with my family -- to have you criminally or civilly prosecuted. I've told you this too many times now, and I will not tell you again. I will simply do it if you continue like this -- even if it takes some time to put it into action.

"Friendly Times" that Dewain did NOT pay for, are balanced by the fact that he didn't pay for them. When a person gets a gift, he is NOT owed FURTHER gifts because he enjoyed it!!! Do you have your head up your butt to get an idea like this??? Are you DRUG ADDLED??? Are you my worst enemy -- getting jollies by being such a GREAT and GENEROUS help so that you can try to psychologically FUCK ME???

You're actions and words are so like my mother's -- and I have thought that a long time now, although I don't believe I've told you that.

Anyway, even at his best as a not-high-school-graduated, many years living on the streets with those habits -- as well as both times in jails and prison, I can see that my biggest mistake was thinking I had to find someone I could help out who like me was determined to have a better life. My mental and spiritual equals are generally top people in business, the arts, government, etc. I just had my economic and security base DESTROYED time and time again -- by my own family and their associates.

I'm sorry if you don't understand me -- but I will not change me to conform to your twisted idea of "normal", "what I deserve", or however YOU would put it. You have been a recluse for years now, and even today were bagging up LOTS of old clothes in your large (-ish?) apartment, going back for 20 - 30 years (your words), that had been lying around, and now those bags are in a giant closet.

You researched lawyers for your defense of an eviction -- because some of the electrical circuits had gone out due to the weather problems, which you were CERTAIN was the deliberate action of your landlord as his first action to evict you. You didn't even call your landlord to let him know they were out -- you so paranoid about being evicted. AND, if you landed in court, his doing THAT non-sense would leave HIM legally liable!!!

That you thought that is TWISTED, and you need HELP (which is not my place to give, nor could I if it were).

I hope you will take the time to digest all of this. I'm not going to rush into deciding what to do about Dewain. Now that things are going so much better FOR ME, I really should be trying to find a student or more professionally employed person. My entire adult life with only a few years excepting, I have had roommates. The last 30 years they were not "compadres" of the mind and interests, but they had productive lives and we got along fine without all this drama. I will find my way through all of this as I always do. Please do not think I am against your making suggestions -- I just doubt that I will follow many of them, given your track record.

And frankly, this email from you is far more "reasonable" than what you said in our phone conversation, so I assume you are gaining a greater understanding of the facts and "real world" -- and for that, I am heartened. But I needed to make things as clear as I can -- especially about the history of our relationship and your "suggestions". 

And thanks again!!!

Scott


-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Faulk 
To: Scott Kenan 
Sent: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 9:48 pm
Subject: rent


A few months ago I said I would provide $1000 around each 21st so you could readily pay the rent, then have some flexibility in getting $100-125 weekly from the roommate.

Recently I suggested that Dewain might need some leeway in getting into financial shape. If he had paid you $20-25 today I'd be encouraged--instead he has a loss story, and a high.

If you're ousting him, it can be done decently, since you two have had some worthwhile friendly time together.

-J- 




.

No comments: