Tuesday, September 5, 2017

RP: "The Attentions of Youth Are Fox Teeth in the Heart" ~ Tennessee Williams

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-attentions-of-youth-are-like-fox.html



Yes, this looks MUCH LIKE the neighbor who spent three hours today -- TALKING at my PLACE!!! 


His eyes are totally piercing.


He also was somewhat like this Country Cowboy, who is much like District Attorney Ben David's old long-term lover, Lee:





And although only about 30 years old, "Damian", as I shall call him, is both WISE and Bipolar -- and on Lithium Carbonate -- and SADLYcompletely straight. He's also Roman Catholic and was born in a town next door to Tennessee Williams's birthplace, his Dad and much of his family live in New Orleans





. . . . like Ben David.



And THIS is what I get out of it(But if my family reads this -- I'm MOSTLY only KIDDING!!!)


Anyway, he called me -- I having met him and his girlfriend downtown a couple of weeks ago, and they asked for my number. He had left a job this morning that was NOT what it had claimed, he saying it turned out it would net only $500.00 - $600.00 per week, and he asked if he could bring a twelve-pack of beer over to talk.

I could not resist THAT offer -- and was just completing the last posting. He arrived and we stumbled on evidence of illegal herbal matter outside, so had to IMMEDIATELY destroy that by fire, and while I had two beers, he drank four. We talked VERY frankly about everything under the sun, especially Politics (he knows Mayor Saffo quite well -- and other local characters -- and has the same opinion of him that I do), and Religion/Spirituality -- and of course Sex, and how much he gets -- and I NEED to get.

He is TOTALLY comfortable with my being gay, and kind of GROOVES on my telling him that it PISSES ME OFF that he's straight.

He's a compulsive fisherman and hunter, and when he left, called a friend he then met up with and they threw his boat in his pick-up to drive to a nearby lake. They had their night-crawlers to catch some fish in prime late afternoon to dusk.

He's taking me on as an adviser -- for his merry band of friends -- and wishes he could ROB all the rich narco-traffickers to give to the poor, and says he has to host next, and we can smoke FAT ONES on his porch -- whatever that means.

But he's completely intriguing -- now on Lithium for four years -- and swearing to how it helps him. He's been committed to mental hospitals, and we talked frankly about my own symptoms of Bipolar I, back in the 1970s, and how it DISAPPEARED on me by 1992 -- at the latest -- which is NOT supposed to happen.

And when the lure of fishing completely overtook him and he found a friend to join him and had to leave, landlady Gold Walker called, and I went over to talk with her for half an hour. She'd already GOTTEN the rent check for "Warden", and told me about the family in the news lately, where the kid is BANNED from attending school -- due to being caught in custody laws and the CHEAP local school board not allowing him to attend here -- because the other parent has legal custody (but is inappropriate to have custody now), and this is not PRECISELY accurate, but I write for a national and international audience, so abbreviated the explanation

They used to live in one of Gold's apartments -- and she learned the mother had been kept in sexual slavery once -- and the father had kept a "retarded" too-young girl as HIS sexual slave.

I was getting a bit revolted by the thought of all of that, and changed the subject to Warden's peculiar antics. I have twice in the last five days found one of his really nice shirts rolled up and in the trash can -- NO stains, tears, or wear -- and the wrappings of his having bought a BRAND NEW SHIRT. He keeps his T-shirts on hangers in the closet, but his long-sleeve shirts -- the sleeves he rolls in summer, not wearing short sleeves, and never short pants -- he lays on the edge of his bed. E-n-d-l-e-s-s-l-y

And as Gold has said to me more than once, "You need to get a roommate you can TALK TO."




I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to THAT!!! 


-- and to getting to know Damian and his friendsBETTER -- fattys or no!!!



True -- although he said he has several gay friends -- he was probably referring to some bent toward cigar aficionado-ism




And Damian kept talking about us all "having a special cross to bear" -- but I guess I'll get the DETAILS on his, later.


It's NICE to know that Wilmington is finally REALLY beginning to feel like HOME!!!


I had met ANOTHER GUY -- also straight and about the same age -- at Kure Beach Sunday -- and we talked about these things (although he's not ever been diagnosed mentally ill -- AND he had some KICK-ASS chest and leg hair), for an hour -- but he is returning home soon to western North Carolina.


Tomorrow, I'll need to celebrate BEAUTIFUL WOMENno???












.

No comments: