Wednesday, January 10, 2018

RP: Landlady Gold Walker's INVOICE to Me Regarding My Former Apartment on 4th Street in Wilmington -- and My Response:

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/01/landlady-gold-walkers-invoice-to-me.html



Sadly, Gold (Worthington) Walker has never sent me her photo -- nor is there one I can find on the internet. Her hair is brown and her eye make-up not this dramatic, but otherwise, this looks a lot like Gold.


This is a photo I took of her house at Orange and 4th Streets, Wilmington, NC 28401 nearly two years ago, a Late Victorian that has been featured in eight films and two TV series:




Today, I received the following letter from Gold by US Mail (and beneath it is my response), which I will email to her, her property manager here for the Spofford Circle apartments Jonathan Deputy, and her Lawyer of Record (although I'm not certain Gold is now working with him), Oliver Carter III -- followed up by a mailed paper copy to Gold:






Gold W. Walker
318 Orange Street
Wilmington, NC 28401

January 10, 2018

Dear Gold,

Today I received your invoice to me dated 1/8/2018, and there appears to be some confusion.

To begin with, there was no reason to mention my deposit, since it successfully transferred to the Spofford Mills apartment at the time I took possession here, which is spelled out in the new lease, and agreed to verbally as well.

As regards the three items you billed me associated with the termination of my lease at 205 S. 4th Street, Apt. 3:

1. $120.00 Legal Fees (Court Costs) for removal of Andre Tyler Breton. As you told me, Jonathan Deputy had given you BAD ADVICE, telling you to file EVICTION against Tyler since he repeatedly claimed he would be out the same day as me, but in fact LIED to us both (also lying to you about how much rent he had paid to me).

When you got to Court, the Magistrate threw out your case and told you that Tyler was TRASPASSING, and you should file that charge against him, which you told me you DID then do. Also, you did not know he soon left of his own accord (before being served) -- until with your permission (since I had already given up tenancy there), I entered to get my vacuum, broom, and mop, left for my quick clean-up after he left, and discovered that he had abandoned – taking over $500.00 worth of my furniture, which YOU (or perhaps your agent Thomas), had told him I said he could take. He never got that from me, and I have decided NOT to seek damages from Tyler or whoever told him that. I had plans for that furniture.

I’m sorry that you wasted all that time and money, but Jon Deputy is NOT a lawyer (that I know of), and if you took his advice, that is your own responsibility to suffer the consequences. While you MIGHT get Jon to pay it, I doubt that would be enforceable in Court (unless Jon claimed to you that he’s a lawyer).

2. Tyler Breton’s occupancy 12/1/17 – 12/16/17 was, as explained to you by the Magistrate, a period of illegal Trespassing, which in no way can be billed to me.

3. $100.00 in cleaning fees – which indicates there was little to clean (as I had observed). As you will recall – and is documented not only in emails and blog postings of that time – you agreed to let me know as soon as you assumed possession, so I could remove the bed that was to be trashed (and the other furniture which Tyler absconded with), as well as do any remaining cleaning – ALL of which could have been accomplished by ME in an hour or two at most.

You only paid me minimum wage when you hired me in fall 2015 to rake the leaves at your three properties of 4th Street, so this amount appears to be padded, and in any case, you never informed me when I could take care of it – I had healed from your chair left here at my new apartment which “exploded”, and I twisted my back, taking about 1.5 weeks to heal (which it now has fully, but as I told you, if he was out sooner, I would just be slower carting things down the stairs).

And we NEVER had an Inspection together – like every other landlord I’ve ever had – including your old employer at Carolina Apartments when you managed it until you were fired, George Cutter.

Now, if you wish to continue to pursue this, I am prepared to go to Jury Trial – as well as counter-sue for HARASSMENT (however this is done in North Carolina). You have previously ASSAULTED ME by pulling my shirt out of my pants and stuffing your original “Intent to Evict” letter of about October 20 up my shirt and against my hairy chest.

You also told me that anyone who criticizes Christians or Christianity should be locked up permanently, and TWICE that you wish it were like in the Old (Christian/Confederate) Days, and you could just go over and SHOOT ANY TENANT DEAD -- if they gave you trouble.

And let’s face it, you DID sell me marijuana – and later GAVE me far more. And how much fun would THAT be to come out in Court (not that ANYONE – except your continuing hero, Donald Trump and his Kenan-Family-Suck-Up Jeff Sessions), cares about that anyway.

Please reply to me within a week whether or not you choose to continue to pursue this. And I will be looking for a lawyer to sue you for HARASSMENT in the meantime. Also, please remember that I can force ANY District Court Judge (except two), to RECUSE him- or herself – as I have ALREADY done to Judge Sandra Ray (with her IMMEDIATE agreement).


BUT, I have news of our little Community here on Spofford Circle, that as landlord you should know. Everything remains peaceful and respectful between me and the four who live in the two-bedroom upstairs.

The new tenants in apartment 1, lessee Robert and his guest since they moved in together, Aaron, informed me this morning that they have both lost ALL their jobs, and soon hope to find new ones. That said, today, they had their OWN CIGARETTES for the second time only – so did NOT have to bum from me as usual.

Robert’s father cut the lock off the crawl-space door to let the gas tech in for inspection the day the storm was beginning and it was getting bitter cold, there being no gas on before they got their service. I offered Jon Deputy’s number, but he said they needed to do it THEN, and he would buy a new lock and give Mr. Deputy the keys, which I ASSUME has already happened, it being a week ago, today.

I spoke at some length with Gray after receiving your letter, and he had a good laugh over it – wondering why you had such a problem with me to do all these things (you and Jon, together), have done – or attempted to do. I told him it might be because I told you and blogged about the fact that several Police Officers confirmed to me that they heard that your son Allen Walker’s Walker World is being watched as a possible major drug import port.







Again, I don’t KNOW this to be true, but Allen – who initially thanked me for the warnings and CANCELLED a party he had planned there at the last minute – never picked up my later messages to him. They have all been posted on my blog since he never even read them.

Today, Gray said that Allen Walker is one of the dumbest people he’s ever met, so it wouldn’t surprise HIM.

I didn’t report this at the time, but when Thomas with Jeff and Jeff’s sidekick came here to replace the non-working kitchen-sink light -- and fix several breakers (and connect the dryer to the vent), Jeff told me you are too cheap to hire good help – then get him at high-price to correct what others do.

Thomas told us ALL that your tenant (recommended to you by Allen Walker and lease drawn up for free by Allen’s Republican Lawyer Girlfriend – who seemed nice when I met her), 411 North restaurant on Front Street, is continuing to pay rent late – after cutting their hours back -- and that when YOU visited that restaurant, your order was mixed up and your Margarita cocktail was served in an inappropriate glass – and you were NOT PLEASED.

I wrote up MY visit to them on blog, and my order was TOTALLY messed up, and after they did the best they could to correct that, they STILL billed me for things never ordered or delivered to me – but it was about the same price as what I had gotten, so I just paid it.

Several weeks later, one of their staff told me that the ENTIRE earlier staff had been fired and replaced, as the first staff stayed TOO HIGH ON DRUGS, and were incompetent.

So, I hope you comprehend this letter – and you will soon come to AGAIN regard me as your BEST TENANT for my early payment of moneys due, and my caring for your property as if I were the owner.

All best.


Scott David Kenan











.

No comments: