Friday, June 22, 2018

RP: The Ghost of Ed Ames to Teach in Wilmington -- but with a Long-Handled AXE (and Ben Schachtman Goes Absolute CORNBALL Over It)!!!

RE-PRINTED fromhttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-ghost-of-ed-ames-to-teach-in.html








Before getting to that, about half an hour ago, I went out to see how the clean-up is going next-door. No one was around, and I could see that the backyard has only the old Pontiac Aztec and about eight rim-less tires. So I walked around (checking my mail, of course), and the remaining car in front is gone, so I walked farther to see if the one on the far side of the house is gone -- no.

But then, the woman in charge of it all and a friend of Sherry the owner's came up and I complimented her on the hard work in the heat and humidity that they had done, and she said it would ALL be gone by the end of today.

She and I began talking about Sherry's plight and I told her of my having been held by Drug Mafia five times in Puerto Vallarta, including by two sons of El Chapo Guzman, how they worked with the CIA and Hillary Clinton State Department -- and my Kenan Family -- none of which she'd had any idea -- and that I'd lived homeless here under the 4th Street viaduct with REAL criminals who were high on drugs and alcohol, so I understand a lot about that culture and its difficulties. So we found LOTS of understandings to share.

Then a tall, strappin' white boy of about 40 with one peculiar eye (who might have worked on the clean-up), walked up to reclaim her to her house, and I told them that ALL those fellas, most working shirtless and most looking like fine, oiled Nubians, had made it DIFFICULT to stay in my own yard with just my imagination.


We ALL had a good laugh over that, but they with a wee note of anxiety.


So what happened right before that, was I had caught that "President" at a press conference sounding more obviously RACIST than ever before, and I KNEW the damned Republicans -- many of whom are horrified -- would cave and again say/do nothing. I was about fit to be tied, and thought I had to write about it, and checking emails first, got the afternoon News Bulletin from the Port City Daily (3/4 of the stories just repeated old stories -- just like the Star News can do for FIVE DAYS, TWICE!!!).

I'll let Ben Schachtman tell HIS story, then add a few things on the far side:
Great reporting on what keeps us all in Wilmington -- quirkiness!!! 

Has anyone asked my Ol' Buddy Steve Bakunas, who founded the Red Barn Studio Theater -- or his wife Linda Lavin what they think about it??? 

Benjamin N. Schachtman, you have INSPIRED another of my blog postings -- THANKS!!!




PORTCITYDAILY.COM
WILMINGTON—Axes & Allies, opening soon in the South Front District, will be Wilmington’s first axe-throwing bar. That’s right: axe-throwing bar. Located in the former Red Barn Studio, Owner Mia…


Now this new bar is to be in the old Red Barn Studio Theatre:




In between appearances on Broadway, Lavin directed and appeared in plays at the Red Barn, including a turn in the title role of “Driving Miss Daisy,” believed to be the longest-running show in Wilmington history.



Steve Bakunas and his wife Linda Lavin -- and then crooning in Kenan Auditorium at UNCW:




Steve and Linda owned a house on Front Street -- that's back yard took up the whole center of the block, so the William Rand Kenan, Sr. house at 110 Nun Street shared a property line. And it was the owner's daughter there, Anna Berry, who had invited me to move in in 2011 -- then cancelled it and charged me with violating a Restraining Order that she had had no reason at all to take out on me -- nor had I been aware of it -- because one of the big Drug Traffickers living there had a "thing for me". But within a few months he was sentenced to a few years in prison in South Carolina -- and that house is now BOARDED UP!!!

What was so WEIRD is that Anna Berry had something for Linda Lavin, and SWORE to me that she would "run Linda RIGHT OUT OF TOWN!!!" -- and she DID, or at least Linda and Steve sold out late 2012 and moved back to NYC.




Linda and Steve's home was next the home of Lindsey McKee and Evan Luther -- at least during her election campaign for Judge (which she won by about five votes). Since Lindsey is so TIED TO THE MOB, I wonder if it was not PLANNED by Lindsey and Anna.


And one thing that cracked me up while talking this week with Ben Schachtman, is that HE mentioned digging through the email archives in City Hall, and finding record of all my blog postings that I have emailed ALL of them for years -- but he mentioned how funny he thought my coverage on Sheriff's Detective Evan Luther having been USED by Lindsey McKee -- just to get elected -- then she almost IMMEDIATELY divorced his ASS!!!

We all know what I wrote about Lindsey that has NOW climbed THREE more notches of popularity to be my THIRD most hit posting:



Evan preparing to KILL OFF non-Whites in Wilmington, posted this on Facebook right after the Las Vegas Massacre last year -- he's such CONSCIENTIOUS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!



Evan Kent Luther and Lindsey McKee's engagement picture -- then later:



And for SOME reason, the following posting has been hit a lot lately -- including eight times so far today: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-tale-of-four-titties.html 


And among several OTHER compelling stories, is the email, verbatim, that Kevin Maurer, then Head of City Desk of the Star News, sent to me in Puerto Vallarta BEFORE he interviewed me in a few phone calls. 

Notice how he WOOS ME by calling me a GADFLY which got me "hook, line, and sinker" -- because I already had googled to discover how HANDSOME Kevin is (or actually WAS):



But Kevin was just CIA collecting info on me -- and HIS book soon came out:





And Kevin Maurer's FIRST email to me:


On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Maurer, Kevin wrote:

Scott,

I work at night, so I was hoping to talk at 8 p.m. phone interview as you are right, I am not in Mexico. I am open Wednesday if you have time or Friday. Let me know what time you plan on calling and I will make sure I am at my desk. My office number is (redacted). Otherwise, we’ll have to do it next week. For starters, I just want to talk with you about your email list. The list has an impressive number of names that range from lowly reporters like myself to state officials. I also want to talk about your blog and your goals for it. Finally, I want to talk about how you created the list and why you don’t allow people to unsubscribe.

As of now, the story will be a profile of you with the idea that you’re a gadfly known in the area for these emails and rants.

Thanks for making time for me. I look forward to talk with you.

Kevin


The crush I had on Kevin Maurer was REAL -- the one I have on Ben Schachtman is NOT.




Everyone else I know who got all his tattoos AFTER marrying his wife -- and posts this sort of image -- was part of the DRUG MAFIA, enslaved to a GREEDY WOMAN.


HOPE that is not Ben's Fate!!!












.

No comments: