Friday, July 6, 2018

RP: Honoring My FIRST TWO (of very many), Celebrity Friends -- on the 20th Anniversary of Roy Rogers' Death / Some ANSWERS!!!:

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/07/honoring-my-first-two-of-very-many.html




Scott Kenan shared a post.

1 hr
As Roy Rogers Oldenkamp knows, when I lived on Ebenezer Road in Cincinnati (my parents' first house -- two bedrooms, made of cinder block and with a CISTERN), 1954 - 57, Roy Rogers's first cousin lived next-door and Roy and Dale Evans visited regularly, dressed in costume and entertained the neighborhood kids -- giving me extra attention because I was very shy (I am NOT shy today).


Danny Lopez is with Roy Rogers Oldenkamp and 5 others.

"If there were no valleys of sadness and death, we could never really appreciate the sunshine of happiness on the mountain top."

Remembering Roy Rogers (11/5/11 - 7/6/98)

The legendary Golden Boot Award winning affable Singer, Actor, Western Star and King of the Cowboys, with beautiful Actress-singer wife, Dale Evans, and a statue of a rearing Trigger, at the now-defunct, Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville, CA. Photo by Bob Riha Jr, 1986


And then through grade school in Louisville, Kentucky, at St. Martha's School I had BOTH Rosemary Clooney's SISTER and Eva Marie Saint's sister-in-law as substitute teachers -- but never met the entertainers. Then, when John F. Kennedy was running for President, my mother (who HATED Kennedy and worshiped Richard Nixon until the day he died), took my younger sister Jane and me to his campaign rally, where we set the ALL TIME RECORD for length of applause for a Kennedy speech -- and every several years when I remember that, I give a single clap -- to be the LAST ONE CLAPPING from the deluge he got that day. 


Perhaps THAT was how I attracted Jackie Kennedy Onassis into my life in 1982no???





And earlier today, the former Valerie Diamond read and responded to my message I published here: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/07/message-to-valerie-who-was-diamond-in.html.

In fact, she remembered visiting me by surprise at Denison University -- even remembering the name of the person she came with. And so I am SURE she remembers my very harsh, cold shoulder that day. What I haven't yet told her, is that I'd only dated standard white Protestant girls before that, and her sensual, Jewess, "there-ness" made me FACE that I was not cut out to be with REAL women!!!

But there's a GOOD CHANCE Val will soon read this.

Scott Kenan shared a post.
4 hrs

Image may contain: food
Italo Anthony Nespolon
HOW VEGANS ARE CONCEIVED


And then at 4:00 PM, Rob in the apartment in front came to return my tobacco pipe, after apparently smoking continuously for three hours (he really is a stoner, but does nothing harder). I told him I'd heard he might be moving out soon. And he said YES, but also that he's not found a new place, so who knows when.

I resisted telling him that I knew that last weekend his toilet chain broke, and he waited until he'd filled it with solid waste before calling management (imagine his closed up apartment's smell for days), and both Jonathan Deputy (manager) and Thomas (maintenance supervisor) had come by and discovered that the toilet was NOT clogged at all, and Rob was so STUPID, he did not know to just flush by dumping a bucket of water into the COMMODE!!! 

As Readers should all know, despite his myriad flaws, I am certain (as one can be so short a time after it), that Barack Obama was our BEST PRESIDENT since JFK and Eisenhower. But STILL, I've got to RIB HIM -- and Michelle as well: 











Tasty.




.

No comments: