Tuesday, September 11, 2018

RP: In the Midst of HURRICANE MADNESS, My Mother APOLOGIZED to Me for Treating Me So HORRIBLY Nearly My ENTIRE LIFE!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/09/in-midst-of-hurricane-madness-my-mother.html



Scott Kenan 
7 hrs

I feel so much BETTER, here in Wilmington, NC!!! 

"Televangelist Pat Robertson broke out a prayer that sounded more like a wizard’s spell as he attempted to block the approach of Hurricane Florence."

For MORE on how Wizards cast SPELLS on Wilmington's Wharf -- please see here:





About this website

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
Televangelist sends out an anti-storm incantation via the Christian Broadcasting Network.
Image may contain: 1 person



Today, I ran around town and DID find a pocket LED flashlight, bought a couple more candles-in-jars, some wine. I have NO INTEREST in marijuana during a storm, since pot ENHANCES sounds and makes them scarier and harder to judge. I know from my homeless days that a couple of beers or glasses of wine makes it possible to sleep under nearly any condition. And I bought some Pub Mix snacks, after reading this:



And there was also this:


"Christians" INSIST that liquor stores be called "ABC" (Alcohol Beverage Control) in North Carolina.


But BEFORE all of that, I called my 95-year-old mother, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan, in Raleigh this morning -- and we discussed our MORTALITY -- it more on my mind over a storm that could WELL materialize stronger than the several I have experienced in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, NC, Cape May, NJ, Key West, FL, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico -- all of those were category 2 or 3.

This one will likely hit with between 130 - 140 mph winds -- and I have NO IDEA how much they will be slowed here, about six miles from the beach the way the crow flies. But it WON'T be an ATOM BOMB, and even if it is so bad that a few HUNDRED are killed in Wilmington, that is LESS THAN ONE PERCENT!!!


And I'm pretty smart.

I told Mom that I've made TONS of mistakes in my life, but always tried to LEARN FROM THEM, and apologized and made amends where appropriate. If I GO, I have NO REGRETS and THANK GOD for my having had such a FABULOUS LIFE!!!

I have no intuition that I will soon leave, but don't know how trustworthy that is. And Mom then -- fortunately without crying or other emotion, meaning to me that she really HAS processed this correctly, and I know she did about half a year ago, but we have not spoken OPENLY of it before, she said, "I want you to know I am sorry I treated you so horribly for so many years."

I immediately told her that she gave me the BEST GENES and the BEST SMARTS and made certain we got the BEST EDUCATION POSSIBLE -- not just schooling but in EVERY practical thing. And I added that looking BACK on my life, it seems to have happened by "God's Plan", in that here we are HEALING -- and the National Political Scene seems to be running IN PARALLEL. 


And then I told her that the HARDEST PART will likely be that I can't even contact anyone for a few days afterward to let them know I am SAFE.


The latest forecast has changed little, with landfall likely just a little more to the north, but that is only a SLIGHT consolation unless it moves even farther.

Meanwhile, while most of my prep has been other things, when I complete this posting, I will begin dismantling my entire deck and its garden, leaving only a couple of HUGE pots full of heavy wet soil -- and most of that I will do tomorrow.


I realized that I have a hallway that has interior doors to shut it off nearly entirely, so I will sleep on a single memory-foam mattress THERE -- in case windows BLOW IN -- to protect myself from FLYING GLASS!!!

I'll be FINE, but although John Gray Hunter was here yesterday and TOTALLY cleaned off his deck, the residents of apartments One and Two, who sell lots of pot and possibly other things, haven't done a thing (it's still EARLY, I tell myself)



Allie Ryan and Pete from apartment Two.



One of the drugs I've found next to Allie's car, and Pete, as well as "Jim's" roommate Aaron Gallimore were KNOWN to do HARD-DRUG BUSINESS with Sherry Hall Spivey when she lived next door:



Sherry Hall Spivey's MUG SHOT from a couple of months ago.


Pete and Allie spent an hour or so, yesterday, cleaning up THEIR STUFF, carrying DOWNSTAIRS many small items from seat cushions and throw pillows to kitchen chairs, small tables, that they simply stacked under the staircase on MY LEVEL -- NOT MOVING the two chairs, a framed print, and other things that WILL become flying missiles and BREAK WINDOWS and DAMAGE CARS in our lot!!!




AFTER they cleaned up their trash (it had been FAR WORSE for a full MONTH)!!!



This is my walkway showing some things they brought downstairs (these are ALL their things, the framed print they have left there for 2.5 months) -- the upstairs walkway that leads to Gray Hunter's door (he ALWAYS COMPLAINING that they have so much JUNK IN HIS SPACE that he barely can get into his apartment), they have filled with many small items that ALSO WILL FLY!!!



Under the stairs (which are NOT slanted as they appear). Through here and the adjacent walkway is ALWAYS a "WIND TUNNEL", so MUST be cleared, or those items LASHED DOWN.


And then an hour ago, I said something to Allie about so much of that is likely to FLY and needs to be secured, she said, "Scott, don't WORRY about it!!!" And just NOW, I see they removed the stack of cushions from the chairs in the walkway -- but NOTHING ELSE.

I will contact apartments manager Jonathan Deputy -- who has NOT been here at all -- Landlady Gold Walker was ALL OVER her other apartments two years ago when a much SMALLER storm was coming in to make sure everything -- and everyone -- was secured.



The most POPULAR thing I've posted on Facebook, since allowed to again, this past Saturday!!!



Scott Kenan 
4 hrs

The music legend regaled writer Chris Heath in GQ with a story about how he, John Lennon and some of their friends masturbated together before the pair became world-famous members of the Beatles.


About this website

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM|BY JENNA AMATULLI
"Yeah, it’s quite raunchy when you think about it," the Beatles singer told GQ.












Sometimes it is TOUGH.



.

No comments: