Thursday, September 13, 2018

RP: Ready or NOT -- Here Comes FLORENCE!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/09/ready-or-not-here-comes-florence.html



My deck is now TOTALLY clear -- except for a chair and small table I'll bring in later.



My car, seen closest. Here is where all the HIP neighbors have parked in the actual circle -- away from the HUGE Sycamore, Oak, and Pine trees hovering around our parking. Hard to see here, but there are a dozen vehicles parked together.



Although "Jim" in apartment one was here overnight and I was waiting until noon (his normal awakening time), to tell him that Landlady Gold Walker asked me to take down his porch swing and clear the "missiles" off his two porches, his car was gone and his windows closed at 11:30, so I did all of that, and just NOW, an hour later, I removed the small chair and table from MY deck after a gust of wind nearly moved them.


We COULD lose power at any time.


I texted Apartments Manager Jonathan Deputy and Landlady Gold Walker to let them know only I am here now, and I completed securing everything. Gold texted back a THANKS, but nothing back from Jon. 


I spoke with my mother first thing this morning, she saying I should just drive up to her house. I told her I could go either way, and would come right up if she would like someone friskier than she in the house, but she really is fine, and we agreed that I would go nuts not knowing what happened here and unable to get back for some time. 

Well GOOD NEWS!!! That earlier gusting was out of the ordinary -- although it is now gusting a bit and sometimes sprinkling. I saw that "Jim" (actually named Rob, but he had asked me to call him "Jim" in this blog -- and now I am FED UP!!!), was BACK, his car parked in front, so knocked on his door, and he answered, "NEVER knock on my door again or I'll PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!!!"

"That's fine," I said, "I'll throw you in JAIL!!!" And then I simply told him that at Landlady Gold Walker's request I'd cleared his decks -- we thinking he had left and it had not been done. Then he said he's leaving soon for the storm, and it being after noon, when the news said evacuations would be CUT-OFF, he had better hurry if he's going any distance, and they would likely allow people to leave a bit longer anyway.


And then he drove off half an hour later.


I have NO IDEA where Jonathan Deputy found this piece of CRAP to rent to!!! Nor do I know why Jon NEVER came here to be sure everyone knew what to do nor did he call anyone. AND he has REFUSED to answer my several emails about apartment business the last several weeks.
At least Gold Walker CARES!!!

Scott Kenan shared a link12 hrs


About this website

THEGUARDIAN.COM
In 2012, the state whose low-lying coast lies in the path of Hurricane Florence reacted to a prediction of catastrophically rising seas by banning policies based on such forecasts


Funny: since I have been BLOCKED from mass emailing blog posts out, blog hits have gone UP considerably -- the opposite of what I expected -- and the last two days TONS of people have found this blog by searching for a variation of Mayor Bill Saffo Divorce from Renee Saffo!!! That divorce was a couple of years BEFORE I returned from Mexico in 2015, but EVERYONE IS AGAIN CURIOUS about it -- LOL!!!





Scott Kenan shared a link1 hr


About this website

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
The money will reportedly help Mexico pay transportation for thousands of Central Americans trying to reach the U.S.
Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than five-fold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times, reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.



About this website

NYTIMES.COM
The number of migrant children being housed by the Health and Human Services Department, which oversees the shelter system, has increased more than fivefold since last summer.



Scott Kenan shared a post
 17 hrs



Great Idea!!! Keep the damned Bible in a museum with all the Confederate statues of God-Hating White-Supremacist Christians (includes my two ancestors who were here then and both fought for the South)!!! There is NO BIBLE HISTORY in the USA (unless you are a Mormon), so ship this museum to Jerusalem while yer at it, please!!!

Plan the greatest trip ever told with an accessible, affordable stay.



FXVA.COM
Stay in Northern Virginia.






>>> THIS JUST IN: FEINSTEIN HAS NOW SENT THIS TO THE FBI!!!:
“I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” Feinstein said in a statement. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”


About this website

HUFFINGTONPOST.COM
The California senator has been extraordinarily tight-lipped about a document her fellow Democrats want to see made public.




.

No comments: