Saturday, November 17, 2018

RP: Finding Something to CELEBRATE Today -- Was Easy as PIE!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/11/finding-something-to-celebrate-today.html








Wilmington's Riverfest was a complete joy to attend!!! Because of all the military bases near Wilmington, there is ALWAYS a huge number of Veterans and Vets Orgs with booths -- my FAVORITE places to stop and talk. 

But while at a similar festival this past spring, at least a FEW vets were Donald Trump and/or Republican Party fans, they ALL made fun of Donald Trump today -- and they RIDICULED my wealthy Kenan relativeswho they KNOW put Donald Trump into powerCONTROL all the Hard-Drug Trafficking, and worship the HATE GOD Jesus Christ!!!


But everyone LOVES what Jesus taught about how to live.



Today, many retired officers -- especially of Army groups -- typically at least ten years older than my 67 -- listened INTENTLY to my stories of working with Colin Powell's people -- and Lt. Gen. Russel Honore', himself. I shook the hands of many of them looking them eye-to-eye. I might have been too tall to serve (and too much a hippie to want to back then), but I have served my God and my Country FAITHFULLY -- while FIGHTING the establishment of the US Government (especially the CIA), and both the Political Parties -- ESPECIALLY the Drug-Trafficking Democrats (not ALL of them, the corrupt ones LED by Kenan Family employee Republican DISGRACED former NC Senator Thom Goolsby), in power in Wilmington.




And the GOOD NEWS yesterday, was that despite having only a 36 vote initial victory, when the absentee and miscellaneous ballot totals came in, Democrat Harper Peterson (for NC State senator) had INCREASED his lead to over 200 votes -- and Michael Lee conceded. 



Harper is having a bit of a VICTORY PARTY this coming Monday evening.



I ran into Terry Espy, her husband, and two others, leaving the property at 25 N. 3rd Street:



Terry Espy has CONFIRMED that she has NOT gotten divorced -- and has NO IDEA why Andrew James of WWAY TV-3 claimed five nights ago she was "Terry Sanders" -- her maiden name. 



But she -- like I -- is THRILLED that Harper Peterson (whose office is also in that building), had won -- and said that Taste of the Olive and Vine -- on the ground floor -- is now back on track and will open in a couple of months:






The news did not appear as good at my landlady Gold Walker's Front Street property -- and I'd just read that SIX storefronts on that block are now CLOSED, and people are WONDERING WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

That block was NOTORIOUS for so many Drug-Front businesses having been there, but most if not all of them seem to have CLEARED OUT!!



141 North restaurant before it closed months ago.


I keep forgetting to report that Gold's Maintenance Supervisor, Tom Purdy, told me a few weeks ago that progress repairing serious hurricane Florence damage was coming along WELL, and that it is a BAR that will be going in there soon -- but I saw no sign of change since last I stopped by six weeks ago.

Tom also said that Gold's son's Walker World has been LEASED to the makers of a TV series for a whole lot of money -- and that Allen Walker is now helping his mother with financial support in repairing her many properties that were hurricane damaged:





So I must ASSUME that the roof and structural repairs are coming along FINE -- they just don't show to the outside, or looking in through the gaps in the paper covering the front windows.






Better than THISno???







.

No comments: