Sunday, November 18, 2018

RP: Of Benjamin Schachtman and Steve Carell -- Two Highly-Talented, Handsome, SUPER-HAIRY Straight Guys Whom I Will NEVER Have!!! Where Is MY Compensation -- HUH???

RE-PRINTED from herehttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/11/of-benjamin-schachtman-and-steve-carell.html



Ben Schachtman uses this photo of himself to REPEL all the horny guys and gals who might compulsively chase him. So I must ASSUME he and his wife, Casey, are happily married:



Casey and Ben in a younger day.



Ben has published photos of himself that prove he is fun, intelligent, and irreverent -- including THIS ONE of Ben during his "I-am-Jesus" phase -- although Jesus, himself, takes this theme further:




Ben Schachtman (ben@localvoicemedia.com)
To:  You + 86 more


No, Scott. Terry didn’t get divorced. 

WWAY just has the fact-checking skills of a ketamine-addled chimpanzee.

Best of luck with everything,

Ben Schachtman
Editor, Port City Daily
910-538-2001
Ben@Localvoicemedia.com

On Nov 13, 2018, at 12:42 PM, Scott Kenan <scottdkenan@aol.com> wrote:





"Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures)" (1972) by David Hockney -- Credit Courtesy Christie's


This painting sold at auction Friday, 11/16/2018, for a record $90.3 million, and here is the story of my MEETING David Hockney and other luminaries in 1981:





>>> MY REPLY, THIS MORNING, TO MR. SCHACHTMAN:


Alright Ben -- you got me GOOD -- and I assume you know EXACTLY what you were doing!!! That said, I often don't realize the depth and power of things I've written until later, so I'll elaborate on some of it.

Clearly, you and I are never going to have sex -- but it feels like we just have, in a way that has nothing to do with gender, sexual orientation, or interference with your actual marriage.

1. Most important is your wishing me the best of luck in everything. I actually finally realized a while ago that unlike you, the Star News, TV news, etc., I have no advertisers or bosses to sometimes have to kowtow to, so can publish the truth to the best of my ability -- which should INSPIRE those under restraints to push THEIR limits. I'm cool with that.

2. The LAST thing I noticed last night, is that you copied ALL my list -- effectively publicly declaring that you are NOT complying with the news blackout of me by Wilmington Press, although you STILL will not/cannot publish about me, so I remain the ghost in the background who spooks assholes.

3. You replied to a five-day-old email, ostensibly clearing up the condition of Terry Espy's marriage -- although just an hour or two before that, I had cleared it up in a later posting/email. I don't know if you were just going through old emails for the first time, or chose it because I really went after you and your wife (whom I've never even seen to get a fair impression of). In any case, you showed it didn't matter, so whatever the cause of that peculiar pose, it's nothing that bothers you.

4. And then in my LAST posting, I had actually expected it to be short -- half about Riverfest, half about my old crush and co-Denison U alum Steve Carell -- and HE might even be hairier than YOU (and has better kept his youthful figure)!!! But things got away from me, and I decided to blog about Mr. Carell today -- which I will do.

NOW, I see he was on SNL last night. 

5. I have been wanting to subscribe to your rag but have been too broke. I have read your recent headlines with great interest, but also been too busy to get into issues you seemed to be on top of -- especially your looking at things the Star News never cares about. But my brother sent extra money this week, and I subscribed this morning. 

6. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed your takeout of a competitor, this time for fact-checking. You were as fierce as I can be.

7. In reading this morning to see if we contradicted each other at all over Gold Walker's 141 N. Front Street property, you report a HUGELY sanitized version of the end of Sonny's Sushi -- compared to what Gold and her manager Tom Purdy have told me -- and the more recent tenant, 141 North restaurant, was a tenant Gold's son Allen Walker -- with his Republican Lawyer girlfriend -- brought to Gold with HUGE EXCITEMENT. Let's hope she's paying less attention to THEM, now, no???

So I'll close now, with the hope that before too long we can meet for coffee or a beer (or whatever), some BELLY LAUGHS over our past, and discussion of Wilmington.

All best,
Scott



Steve Carell graduated Denison 11 years after me.



My Denison University graduation photo, 1973.



Steve Carell showing it off on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show.



Silver-Fox Carell, today (but you would NOT have known this watching him last night HEAD-HAIRLESS on "Saturday Night Live")!!!



And ALL I GET is this chicken that has been largely living in my backyard since she escaped a pen during hurricane Florence!!!


And while it IS TRUE that there was a Mexican man I met several times in Rincón de Guayabitos, Nayarit, Mexico, who carried his amazingly affectionate hen EVERYWHERE -- and he claimed, "Well, if you can get an egg OUT . . . " 


I never had this kind of interest.


But I HAVE made a SIMILAR MISTAKE!!!












.

No comments: