Saturday, February 2, 2019

RP: CONFESSION!!!: Scott Kenan Stood in BLACKFACE on a Stage in Louisville, Kentucky in 1958 and Led His Cub Scout Den in a ROUSING ROUND of "My Old Kentucky Home" / Cdr. Godley Letter to Be Delivered in 2 - 3 Days!!! / Rob McKinney and Allie Ryan HARASS ME Again -- as I WAS WRITING THIS POSTING!!!

For WIDER GRAPHICShttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2019/02/confession-scott-kenan-stood-in.html









NOT my bunch -- this one from OHIO in 1950.


>>> BREAKING!!!: Robert James McKinney -- and then Allie Ryan -- came to my front door at 6:24 PM (just now) -- and I TOLD THEM what I have blogged about their with Patrick Addington HARD-DRUG Trafficking -- and Rob's attempt to KILL ME with PCP-saturated marijuana last week. 


Rob denied it -- of course -- and Allie said that I am (You are"just the NASTIEST PERSON, and I don't want you to talk to me."

She claimed they are PROTECTED!!! So I gave her my two-years-retired "Christian University of North Texas Award" -- LOL!!!






Well, neither of them are VIOLENT PEOPLE -- excepting Alliewho punched me several times and then kicked me repeatedly -- and then SHE called the cops on ME and claimed to them that I was the violent one!!!:



"Pete", seen here, is actually Patrick Addington, who is NOT HERE NOW -- but is not violent that I know of -- either.



And the vehicle owned by Allie's sister who ALSO sells hard drugs with them has North Carolina licence plate #FHP-9072See a PHOTO of Allie's sister's car here: 




ANYWAY:





So, when we lived at the intersection of Stanton Blvd. and Noe Way in Louisville, Kentucky, and I was in second grade at St. Barnabas Catholic School, Mrs. Allison (whose husband was a budding Boy Scouts of America Executive, they living just three doors from us on the near corner of Noe Way -- mis-pronounced locally as "No Way!!!" -- and Radiance Road) and my mother co-founded a Cub Scout Den -- the oldest Allison was a boy my age in Public School.


It was my MOTHER'S IDEA to do the blackface group of us singing at a Louisville-wide Cub Scout performance of ALL Dens in Louisville (five minutes max, each), having to perform on stage for a vast audience of everyone (Cub Scout), in Louisville, Kentucky -- all their FAMILY and FRIENDS.

So we used charred wine corks to color our exposed bodies, and made cigar-box banjos that we played!!! I being of course the TALLEST (and I already had by trademark PROJECTILE VOICE and could carry a tune WELL), so I led the Den in the song!!!

But it was NOT the classic lyrics, but rather the ones sung at the Kentucky Derby back then:





“My Old Kentucky Home” is the state song of Kentucky, adopted in 1928. Today you hear it at sporting events in Kentucky, most notably the Kentucky Derby. This is how it goes:


The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home,

Tis summer, the people are gay;

The corn-top’s ripe and the meadow’s in the bloom

While the birds make music all the day.

The young folks roll on the little cabin floor

All merry, all happy and bright;

By ‘n by hard times comes a knocking at the door

Then my old Kentucky home, Good-night!

Chorus:

Weep no more my lady.

Oh! Weep no more today!

We will sing one song

For my old Kentucky home

For the old Kentucky home, far away.


>>> Here’s how it sounds at the Kentucky Derby. But did you know that the Kentucky Derby version isn’t the whole song? That in fact there are two more full verses and a few words have been changed? I sure didn’t.

“My Old Kentucky Home, Good Night” was originally written by Stephen Foster in 1852. It is an anti-slavery ballad, inspired by Foster’s reading of “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” Here is the full original song:


The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home.

‘Tis summer, and the darkies are gay,

The corn top’s ripe and the meadow’s in the bloom

While the birds make music all the day.

The young folks roll on the little cabin floor,

All merry, all happy, and bright.

By ‘n by hard times comes a-knocking at the door,

Then my old Kentucky home, good night.

Weep no more my lady, oh! weep no more today!

We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home,

For the old Kentucky home far away.

They hunt no more for the ‘possum and the coon,

On the meadow, the hill and the shore,

They sing no more by the glimmer of the moon,

On the bench by the old cabin door.

The day goes by like a shadow o’er the heart,

With sorrow where all was delight.

The time has come when the darkies have to part,

Then my old Kentucky home, good night!

Weep no more my lady, oh! weep no more today!

We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home,

For the old Kentucky home far away.

The head must bow and the back will have to bend,

Wherever the darkies may go.

A few more days and the trouble all will end,

In the field where the sugar-canes grow.

A few more days for to tote the weary load,

No matter ‘twill never be light.

A few more days till we totter on the road,

Then my old Kentucky home, good-night!

Weep no more my lady, oh! weep no more today!

We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home,

For the old Kentucky home far away.


“Darky” was a term used for black people back in that time. The song is about slaves on a farm in Kentucky that are being sold due to economic struggles of the owners. The slaves are sad to be leaving their Kentucky home to go work in the cane sugar fields, where they will likely perish. This song became very popular after it was released and maintained popularity throughout and after the civil war. Famous African American abolitionist Frederick Douglass promoted the song, saying it promoted and popularized the cause of abolishing slavery.

SEE MOREhttps://medium.com/@lousee/my-old-kentucky-home-original-lyrics-32bd8b7a5371


BUT, Shelly and David Cohen lived across Stanton Blvd. from us and TAUGHT ME RACIAL/RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE that became ACCEPTANCE and LOVE, later -- and their father owned "The Rainbow Room" -- a shop for tall and/or fat women -- where my mother often shopped. Kind of like this



Lawrence Buchthal -- another Jew -- owned Mama Mia's Pasta & Pizza when it was on Main Street in Stone Mountain, Georgia, and I MANAGED IT 1987 - 1990Sleazy Lawrence's BROTHERStanley Buchthal, (a GOOD JEW), produced John Waters's original HAIRSPRAY 1988, -- see: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095270/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm 


And then in 2015I met John Waters at the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival -- where I ALSO MET Lt. Gen. Russel Honore' -- and JOHN LAHR!!!


NO WONDER I was ADDICTED to James Burke's TV Series "Connections"no???






Lawrence Buchthal in 2016 -- who trafficked hard drugs in Stone Mountain -- actually with, among many others including my parents, Thomas Elliot Keith of www.TennesseeWilliams.net -- a BOARD MEMBERhis Colombian boyfriend Arturo Noguera's family RUNNING the Stone Mountain Drug Mafia -- of whom I knew a LOT OF MEMBERS in 2009 and 2010!!! 


And Thomas Keith and Arturo did a TON of HARD-DRUG-BUSINESS with the CLERGY (then), of Episcopal Cathedral St. John the Divine in Manhattan -- when I met Arturo at the Bishop's Reception after Tennessee Williams's Poet's Stone was dedicated (and my brother Mike was HIDING in that audience -- LOL!!!), late 2009:



Me, with Thomas Keith and Arturo Noguera at the Bishop's Reception.


Other attendees I met (or already knew), at the Ceremony or Reception that night:


Anne Jackson, Eli Wallach, Sylvia Miles, Olympia Dukakis, John Guare, Vanessa Redgrave (who FLED -- REFUSING to go to the Tennessee-Williams-Murdering Episcopal Church's Reception, by GOD!!!) -- and John Patrick Shanely (whom I spoke with the most -- of them) -- Shanely and I talked FREQUENTLY as Facebook Friends for at least a year.


* * *


Stanley Buchthal (left), at the HBO screening of his "Bobby Fischer Against the World" is an INCREDIBLE Producer!!!: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0118288/



Me and John Waters at the 2015 NOLA Tennessee Williams Fest.


So HERE is the Letter that Navy Commander James Iredell Godley (retired), will receive on Monday or Tuesday:



The Godley and Kenan Families gathered at Michael William Kenan's house in Berwyn, PA in 2007. Jim Godley and I FLANK the wall-hanging, and I'm the TALLER -- LOL!!!
















.

No comments: