Tuesday, September 8, 2020

RP: Today, Sewanee (the University of the South)/Episcopal Church OFFICIALLY DISAVOWED Their Past Veneration of the Confederacy and the "Lost Cause"!!! / New Hanover Regional Medical Center Approved Me for Charity Care:

For WIDER GRAPHICShttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2020/09/today-sewanee-university-of.html






In a historic move today, the University’s Board of Regents issued a statement that categorically rejects the University’s past veneration of the Confederacy and the ‘Lost Cause,’ writing that the University has committed itself “to an urgent process of institutional reckoning in order to make Sewanee a model of diversity, of inclusion, of intellectual rigor, and of loving spirit in an America that rejects prejudice and embraces possibility.”
In a letter to the Sewanee family, Vice-Chancellor Reuben Brigety announced that the University is undertaking a number of initiatives in response to the Board of Regents’ statement. “As is always true about the best in Sewanee, we will embrace the opportunity with resolve, unity, and excitement about the promise ahead,” he wrote. Read the board’s statement, Vice-Chancellor Brigety’s letter, and a research summary by the Roberson Project on Slavery, Race, and Reconciliation:




I am overwhelmed by this news -- especially from Sewanee, where I see all of the Administrators have changed since I last wrote their top people, Head Counsel, etc. -- except that Donna Pierce is still administering Tennessee Williams's Estate -- now called the Walter Dakin Fund.

Given that in an hour, I begin the "gut-prep" for my Colon Surgery tomorrow morning, and my now WALKING ON CLOUDS I'm so happy to hear this from Sewanee -- and I GUARANTEE you that Tennessee Williams is HAPPY, TOO -- I will wait until after my surgery to write Sewanee's Administrators.

And I will rest far more comfortably in the Hospital, knowing that most of the bills above what Medicare pays will be forgiven.
















.

No comments: