Thursday, August 4, 2011

FINALLY Confronting Amazon.com After a Night on Which a Knife was Pulled on Me, Wilmington Police REFUSED to Assist me THRICE (!!!!!!!!!!), and I Found My Bed Roll That Had Appeared to Be Stolen


Scott Kenan Scott to cust.service03., nancy_armstrong, 60m, editorial, jbookman, breakingnews, breakingnews, Writers, aisforartist1, joyce, ernie, emcmahon, emily.j.zvejni., wilmjourn, jeffrey_toobin, Benjamin.R.Dav., info, info, info, mwkenan, jane, kenanm, kenan5, duffyjr3, andrea.opperman, alumni and about 230 more people all together:

>>>>> Forgot to mention that info on me in on my blog: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com . Heavy politics begins 1/1/2010, but issues with publication of this book begin a half year earlier.

Thanks -- and toodles-for now!!!
Scott


On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Scott Kenan Scott wrote:

Thank you for pointing this out. I had somehow not noticed that regulation, but in my review made it VERY clear that I was the author, so it did not appear I was attempting to "pull a fast one" on anyone.

Also, the day after you first listed my book as "published", it was DOWNGRADED to "draft" status. WHY WAS THAT??? What, exactly, is the difference between "published" and "draft" status, and how does it affect Amazon's and my obligations, marketing efforts, ability for people to find the book, etc. Many have told me of difficulties and I have wondered if the "draft" status of my book which was first listed as "published" has affected this.

Additionally, several people told me they bought my book during weeks that YOUR accounting shows NO SALES in the US. How do you do your accounting, and how do you prove your figures??? My lawyer is curious about these strange phenomena.

Also, a couple of friends have told me they have been unable to post reviews for my book. What's up with that???

You may be well aware (as I suspect you are) that in January of 2010, the lawyer for Here Media and Alyson Books (who was to publish it hard copy in April of 2010) canceled my contract and returned my rights to me in full with written documentation, but then called me on the phone and swore they would see that my book was never published. Shortly thereafter, Republicans in Georgia began causing me serious troubles -- especially after I began working with Harvard University's legal department to get back decisionmaking control of my former employer Tennessee Williams' rights.

I certainly do not accuse Amazon of being in league with the same people who have tried to jail, commit, and otherwise harm me since, but they appear to have compromised your company to at least a significant extent. My sales are shockingly low and do not reflect even the number of my friends who tell me they have bought my book through Amazon.

Please have one of your top legal council contact m by email, and Nancy Armstrong, who is in the legal department at Harvard University. You can see some of my press contacts above.

Thank you for your swift attention. Let's work together to save Amazon.com from a lawsuit that is larger than you even dare imagine!!! (I expect to sue American Express to have to drop "American" from their name (or as an alternative, pay me billions of dollars to criple them for a couple of years). Please see my blog if you have not been givin the memo on who I am and what I'm doing -- and have done!!!

All best, and wth utmost sincerity,
Scott D. Kenan


On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Amazon.com Customer Service wrote:



Hello Scott,

It's come to our attention that you have submitted reviews for the following titles:

"WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS "

Our posted Guidelines prohibit publishers/authors/artists from submitting reviews for books/music/items they publish, write or manufacture. As a result, we've removed the reviews for these titles. Any further violations of our posted Guidelines may result in the removal of your title from our website.

Please feel free to review our posted Guidelines if you have any questions:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14279631

We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Shanay O.
Amazon.com

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

1 comment:

The Unnatural Beauty said...

Hi Mr. Kenan, it was a pleasure meeting you this morning on the bench at the river. Your blog was just as interesting as our conversation this morning. Take care.
-The Unnatural Beauty