Tuesday, April 17, 2018

RP: And NOW, for that Pause that REFRESHES (Texas), and a Word about TEXAS KATE!!! (and Mr. Tennessee Williams has provided the "Heavenly Grass"):

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/04/and-now-for-that-pause-that-refreshes.html



REMEMBER, it was Roberto Goizueta, CEO of Coca-Cola, whom I met in a restaurant in Atlanta by chance -- who TOLD ME Coke has more sweetener than Pepsi but tastes more TART, because Coke's predominant flavor is LIME, while Pepsi's is Vanilla, which has a natural sweetness.



And this was LONG before I learned how much of Coca-Cola my wealthy Kenan relatives owned.



Between Tennessee Williams and his sister Rose, is "Texas Kate" (Schweppe) Sharp, Moldawer, and later McNamara, a Houston Socialite who had grown up BEST FRIENDS with Frank Hawkins KenanJames Graham Kenan, and their families -- when they all lived in Atlanta.



Frank and James "Uncle Jimmy" Kenan


Kate was the MODEL for the character Babe in In Masks Outrageous & Austere (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-finkle/tennessee-williams-in-masks-outrageous_b_1429763.html) -- the RICHEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD -- which she learned how to act like by knowing the Kenans. 




And now, some poetry: 





Heavenly Grass


My feet took a walk in heavenly grass. 
All day while the sky shone clear as glass. 
My feet took a walk in heavenly grass, 
All night while the lonesome stars rolled past. 

Then my feet come down to walk on earth, 
And my mother cried when she give me birth. 
Now my feet walk far and my feet walk fast, 
But they still got an itch for heavenly grass. 
But they still got an itch for heavenly grass. 







Walking on Pre-Glass:







.

No comments: