Thursday, January 14, 2010

Email down again. Why can't Comcast fix this?

Because of continuing email problems, I am posting the email I sent today to the ACLU as well as the forwarded version to PEN American Center (writers' organization). Comcast is still trying to get to the bottom of email difficulties. Apple will examine my new iPhone, which, after only a week, has developed severe problems accessing email. Despite connection and other irregularities, most emails were received by late afternoon.

Dear Steven, Sarah, and Larry, (at PEN American Center)

I was told that I should first contact Mr. Jaffer at the ACLU, and then copy a few people in your organization. I have not yet heard back from the ACLU, but hope I will soon. Please let me know if you receive this email. You should find it self-explanatory.

Best regards,
Scott Kenan

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott D Kenan
Date: January 14, 2010 11:46:22 AM EST
To: ACLU intake
Bcc: About 30 top Williams scholars, writers, and other friends of mine
Subject: My constitutional rights have been violated (email often rendered inoperable)

I was told I should contact Mr. Jaffer as it is possible my situation, when gotten to the bottom of it, might yield evidence sufficient to kill the Patriot Act. I wouldn't know. I was told that.

I am a writer and my book is to come out this spring: www.walkingonglass.net . I worked for Tennessee Williams for 6 months near the end of his life, and although I was sort of asleep due to bipolar disorder for all these years, recently "awakened" and realized I have all the circumstantial evidence (redacted) that agents of the University of the South (redacted) friends of mine and Tennessee's (redacted) that Tennessee was incompetent when he wrote the codicil to his will. They succeeded, and Sewanee, rather than Harvard as stipulated in the codicil, have had control of the estate since.

In the process of trying to get to the bottom of this, I have had people call and scream at me to take more medication, NOT look at the past, and even threaten that my publisher, Alyson Books, as well as Tennessee's, New Directions, would be taken down if I continued. I have no idea of the condition of New Directions, but this seems to be happening to Alyson. They are, so far, unable to pay the first half of my advance, the petty-cash sum of (redacted). They are more than 5 months late so far.

Additionally, there have been times that my email has been totally blocked, in and out, and regularly, lately, my emails do not reach many or even all of their intended recipients. A special team at Comcast has been working to resolve these issues. They told me they are saving all evidence. Apple is also saving evidence. Last week, they swapped out my iPhone after realizing the email peculiarities on it were ones they had never seen before. They had never even heard of such problems on an iPhone. They checked my new iBook this Monday, found no on-computer problems, but detected a lot of "abnormal activity" on (replaced: two domains).

I can tell you that (redacted) the son of the general then in charge of the US Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB had sent him via UPS (in late '90s). I've always since then wondered if the US Air Force ships drugs around the world and had "Christianized" the Academy to promote the idea of following commands without thinking. It does seem you'd need high protection to ship drugs via UPS. Pardon me if I wax paranoid. Writers are allowed a certain imaginative broadband.

You should also know that I had to switch over totally to Apple computer and phone this fall, after my Windows computers repeatedly would not shut down. When I'd try, I kept getting a message that a computer on the network was refusing to allow my computer to shut down. I had no other computer booted up at the time. Later, when my Windows (Vista) desktop repeatedly made occasional tones while shut down, I decided to unplug it, which did silence it. This part seems too unbelievable, but I'm not afraid of looking insane. I'm not afraid of anything these days to tell you the truth.

Lawyer (redacted) apparently was (redacted), and controls the Williams estate to this day. (redacted) in London is his performance rights agent. John Eastman was/is Tennessee's lawyer. He never showed TW much respect when the three of us sat in his office back in 1981 and '82, although I liked looking at the pictures of his sister and her husband, Paul McCartney.

A friend of mine in NYC and I stayed on the phone the other night while I sent him email test after test. All emails that contained certain key words relating to Sewanee or Alyson, he still has not received. The ones without key words, he got immediately. I am on Comcast, he is on Time-Warner.

If I can be of any help, please let me know. I do feel my constitutional rights have been violated, but I am savvy. I post things on my blog. You can check it out. Much info about my "adventures" is posted there.

http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/

REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK OF THE CONTENT OF THIS EMAIL, PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT.

Forgot to mention: Donna Pierce, lead counsel at The University of the South, and (redacted), have both threatened me with lawsuits in recent days. Toothless threats!

Many thanks,
Scott Kenan

No comments: