Thursday, January 21, 2010

Missing Manuscript!!!

I just went to open the document of my book Walking on Glass: A Memoir of the Later Days of Tennessee Williams. The publisher and my agent have canceled our contracts over the last 2 days, thank God. A total nightmare dealing with them! And the funny thing is that Don Weise, Alyson Book's publisher had told me right after I delivered the final-final, to be sure to delete all previous versions from my computer.

I thought he must be overtired, so, of course, ignored such a ridiculous request. I might have even said OK. I have been having all kinds of computer problems, email problems, and internet hesitancy. So when I went to open the document to look at it, it had a corrupted title and there were only 4 kb there!

HA!

Naturally, I had it elsewhere and also under different names. The mother-fucking bastards! That was such an insult to my intelligence that they thought that removing the single file would slow me down more than a few seconds!!!!

I do have to laugh.

Oh wait a minute. I'm absolutely certain this was just coincidence.

No comments: