Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A SECOND attempt at nut-house commitment in two weeks


Forty minutes after I sent the email directly to Michael Remer (copying about 75 Friends of Tennessee Williams, blind and openly), on which my FREE BLANCHE DUBOIS blog post was based, I had a knock at my door. Vicki Jacobs, RN from the Dekalb County, GA Mobile Crisis Unit stood with a (didn't get his name) Dekalb Sheriff's Deputy. They had been sent due to a call to the "crisis center" that I would likely need commitment to a mental health facility. Truth is, the person Nurse Jacobs said had called (she had only a first name) might not have been the person who actually had called. She didn't know from where he called or a last name, and said they had only responded to an emergency crisis call. There was not time to investigate who or why someone called. Bless them (my visitors). It is imperative that they perform this service for people in real need. But for the SECOND time in 13 days , I have been harassed by authorities sent by people who called to claim I was nuts. I am NOT Blanche DuBois. I'm much more the Rev. T. Lawrence Shannon.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anne Cox said...

I just love the mental health visits of unknown origin.

when Undead Joe Orton writes the semicomedy about your life, this will be a beloved reoccurring motif.