Monday, May 2, 2011

Letter to My Public Defender (above what she wrote me first)


Identical twins, l to r, Jon and Ben David, District Attorneys in adjoining districts in North Carolina, discussing professional matters.

THIS JUST IN: I found this Facebook page. Click it below!!!  (someone is angry)



(Apologies for my posting a rash comment there)

Please note the note in red at the bottom from Emily's email that means nothing here is private between client and attorney in North Carolina!!!

Emily,

I apologize for emailing that to the D. A. without thinking. Since you have not spent time with me advising me on your/our trial strategy (other than saying it should be thrown out on constitutional grounds but telling me nothing else except what you said in court that is now in the public record), I am not certain why you write here so strenuously.

Since I did NOT violate the law, even if it DID apply to me –  which it apparently doesn’t – I don’t see how anything I wrote truthfully will hurt me. THEY HAVE TO PROVE MY GUILT. PERIOD. Or am I no longer in the United States of America???

I understand your annoyance that I thoughtlessly copied the D.A., but if you carefully read what I wrote, there is NO conflict with what I have said in court or elsewhere, only clarification of points I made very clumsily on the stand. And why oh why would ANY court that cares about JUSTICE make defendants appear in jail uniforms which everyone knows prejudices things. I don’t even want to THINK about why I was held in an icy holding place EIGHT HOURS in skimpy clothes so I was shaking violently from being chilled to the bone and shaking like a madman. They kept saying I was not on my medication – even though my former shrink nurse in GA had two years ago taken me off Lithium, after saying I never had mood swings, and put me on something only to help me sleep if necessary and neither the shrink or the psychologists who had seen me in jail recommended drugs or continuing talk therapy. May I suggest you OBJECT to such disinformation in the future?

AND I was held until last so this abomination of justice was witnessed by the least number of people – just like had happened after I chanced across drugs coming into Stone Mountain Park in 1990, apparently directed or protected by Newt Gingrich.

I don’t mind that the D.A. knows that we know he or his assistant used these tricks to make me look bad, inappropriately, and probably illegally (at least in most other states). He might think again before trying such crap. I won’t stand for it – and neither would a higher court.

If you are worried about David Nash, unlike you, I SAW his guilt-revealing face – and John Mann’s as well – as I testified. NO jury able to see those faces will believe they did not perjure themselves. I suggest you make making them face the jury directly when I tell the truth a part of your strategy – just an idea.

If it is any consolation, in that same email, I copied the top lawyers and admins at Harvard University’s Office of General Counsel, the people I am working with to remove Sewanee’s control of Tennessee Williams’ estate which was valued at $11 million when he died, but now at $1/3 BILLION. These people are serious lawyers who are not afraid of largish sums like that. They have an interest in the absurd way defendants are treated in NC courts – or at least how I am treated because I am the person standing up to Sewanee ready to testify who bribed whom – and even supply info that would help clear up the mystery of how TW died.

Our local D.A. (or his assistant, and/or the people who set me up in these circumstances), CIRCUMSTANTIALLY appears to be cooperating with drug mafia. (What’s up with this cutesy twin brother, one Democrat, one Republican D.A.s in adjoining counties here? Reminds me of “Dueling Banjos,” the hit song from the movie DELIVERANCE that did NOT do Southern Intelligence any PR favors. Sure, that might be innocent and twins living across a river and belonging to opposite parties might be the best thing for law enforcement since Blind-folded Justice, but I smell crap. It’s too cutesy.) The more I am public and/or let more professional law enforcement officials see what is happening in New Hanover County Courts, the more likely this abuse of me and my rights is to cease – or at least decrease.

The man whom I believe smothered Tennessee Williams (corroborated by two other people, one still living), should lead to a murder trial of someone who for 29 years has pretended to be the best friend of TW’s legacy, while trying to re-write one of Tennessee Williams’ original manuscripts.

All this is much more important to me than any punishment I might get for an inappropriate conviction of a petty crime I did not commit – and have served most of the sentence anyway. All that said, your point is excellent, and I DID do the wrong thing. Thanks for the reminder. It won’t happen again.

Is there a way I can give the D. A.’s researcher info on what happened to my previous Guatemalan roommate who was forced to watch others being shot in the face (perhaps like bin Laden) because they demanded to be paid for work they had performed? The perpetrator was Gabriel Fuentes of N. Kerr Ave. – I have his exact address – and he is said to change his phone number several times a day and never travel without several guns under his front seat. He was associated with criminals who “run” the overnight services at Good Shepherd Center – as well as handle the front door security for breakfast. I did get a tip that they had put up a ‘wanted’ poster at the Good Shepherd Center showing my face after I started raising cane (Cain?) about narcotics traffic in Wilmington. And it was only minutes after I was told he (Mr. Fuentes) knew where I lived and intended to shoot up my house that a Good Shepherd logoed van idled in front of my house, the two men in the front seats watching my house.

DO NEITHER YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE IN WILMINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA -- WHERE MY FOREBEARS LANDED IN THE 1730s AND TOOK A STAND FOR LIBERTY, TIME AND TIME AGAIN -- UNDERSTAND HOW CORRUPTED CERTAIN PUBLIC OFFICIALS IN THIS CITY HAVE BECOME???

While I completely believed John Mann’s stories I had published on my blog about David Nash until about a week or so ago, I’m less certain they are true now. In any case, I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE DAVID NASH IS ASSOCIATED WITH GABRIEL FUENTES OR GOOD SAMARITAN CENTER. May I attempt to give the D.A. info on these apparently separate matters? It would be a test of his sincerity in law enforcement to see how he handles things, but I bet NC has laws that don’t allow it. That’s what the D.A.’s researcher said about receiving info from me regarding the Center or Mr. Fuentes when he called me before my incarceration – or maybe HE knows, unlike me, that all these things are connected. In that case, I will watch patiently to see if they make any arrests of these people.

Well, I do get passionate about Justice!

Let me know if I can re-approach the D.A.’s people ONLY about the matters that I believe are unrelated to my case.

Thanks,
Scott

From: Zvejnieks, Emily J. [mailto:Emily.J.Zvejnieks@nccourts.org]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:21 PM
To: scottdkenan@gmail.com
Subject:

Mr. Kenan: 

I have told you on numerous occasions that you should not communicate with the District Attorney's Office.  The last email you sent you CC'd Ben David and myself.  Everything in that email can be introduced in your new trial and used against you.  Additionally, you included information about my trial strategy, which you have now just handed over to the District Attorney's office.  As your attorney, I have been advising you to refrain from this type of communication.  

This is your case, Mr. Kenan, and if you continue to send electronic communications or make statements to others about your case, you are only hindering your own defense.  

Sincerely, 
Emily J. Zvejnieks
Assistant Public Defender
District 5
414 Chesnut Street, 1st Floor
Wilmington, NC 28402


E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina public records laws and if so, may be disclosed. 


No comments: