Friday, July 8, 2011

Seeking to Thaw the Frozen Chosen


I seem to have become a notorious colorful character in Wilmington, NC. I can hardly find a local to tell my story to who doesn't already know it, and this morning, I discovered in court that Cheryl Padezanin dropped her claims against me of stalking, voluntarily. She didn't want to get into a discusion under oath of her husband's drug dealing, so she was wise to do so.

So much for what her next door neighbor (the fellow, not his crack-addicted, grade-school-teaching girlfriend. It's amazing what people do to enable their straight partners -- and I suppose that's true of gay and lesbian partners as well, although I haven't (yet) had reason to find out, personally) called "Team Padezanin." All she really did (see: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/07/library-was-closed-sun.html ) was help prove the pattern of racketeering that includes most of the neighbors where I used to live on So. 8th Street. I don't live there now, as my landlord, Ken Jernigan, finally locked me out (legally), rather than continue to work with me. By doing so, he too proved himself part of the racketeering bunch. Pity!

So now I've been truly homeless since Monday, but enjoying it like a camping adventure. My only regret is that I will have to show up in Kenan Chapel at First Prez in homeless-people clothes, and there is NOTHING the Frozen Chosen hate more than not keeping up appearances. Mostly, they seem to be altogether too white. No wonder my distant relatives abandoned them.

But I won't. We're all in the family, but the family is going to have to admit more diversity and stop keeping people of color, gays, homeless people, etc. out of the sanctuary by a strictly controled system of smoke and mirrors. None of them admit to discrimination, but they nearly all make sure that such people are held at arms length and in the out-reach programs, rather than made comfortable in the sanctuary or chapel. Just attend on Sunday, if you have any questions. I will.

I never wanted to get into this aspect of things, but it does seem that the leadership of the congregation, not wanting to inadvertantly uproot the Money Tree, comforted the comfortable -- instead to challenging them to growth. What really got to me is the increasing number of homeless people who have a gripe against First Presbyterian, but, that said, the complaints are about ALL ORGANIZED religions and local congregations.

The biggest complaint is that so many refer one to Good Shepherd Center, the place that is completely overtaken by drug-criminals at night, more realistic by day. The lunches there are exceptionally good and usually served by folks from First Baptist. But the night shelter is run by drug mafia. They run surveilance day and night from the Good Shepherd logoed vans -- even at times parking right in front of my apartment in February, tapping my electronics. Once, I got two emails from friends staying in the shelter who claimed they were looking at that moment at a wanted dead-or-alive poster showing my face and name.

Now, I don't know who promotes Good Shepherd -- and I'm sure it does SOME good -- but from my personal experience I know it also serves as a nerve center for drug trafficking, slavery of un-documented foreigners, and the violence and other crimes used to hold all of this together. The congregations who support Good Shepherd don't want to personally deal with homeless people or others in need, so they centralized services -- keeps their hands from being soiled.

The Drug Mafia (Benjamin David protecting it) knew that these churches would deny the Evil done by the shelter until Kingdom Come, rather than deal with "low-life" people themselves, so they could get away with nearly ANYTHING and not be busted.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: One of the first things I learned from both street people and others in political know is the corruption and crimes of Good Shepherd Center, and I have talked about them to many -- even asking First Presbyterian to give services and lunch support, but nothing else -- but ESPECIALLY, I have asked Ernie Thompson to see that they investigate for themselves. Have they?

I doubt it. That might lead to "undesirables" polluting the near lily white services.

Thank about it. I only pick on First Prez because I know them personally. Other congregations are in the same boat. The Sunday morning Church Hour is the most segregated hour in American Life.

Let's heal that . . .


Scott

No comments: