Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Nature of Delusions


I forgot to add my final thought from this morning, which is really a question. You probably can't answer it since you aren't privy to the information I have by experience and research -- but I hope SOMEONE can: What other explanation is there for all the difficulties I've had?

That I am crazy might or might not be true, but it does not satify the need for logical explanation of the difficulties. Also, as I've discussed with Dr. Martin (in The Oaks) and Dr. Hueholt (at North Carolina Solutions), anyone can have a mistaken idea -- that is human. Honest people correct their errors and claim a better idea when logic dictates. People with mental illness diagnoses do this too, BUT their errors are often labeled "delusions" whether or not they naturally correct an error or not when logic dictates it. (Of course some diagnosed mentally ill people DO suffer REAL delusions -- as do SOME people who escape diagnosis their entire life.)

This is a chief difficulty those of us with diagnoses must deal with: Those without diagnosis are often far too quick to label our ideas "delusional" when often they are ideas that the judger is in no position to judge -- or in some cases, someone malevolently-intended hoodwinks people by casually dismissing truthful ideas from a diagnosed person, knowing that others, prejudiced like he is himself, will belittle the diagnosed person and the truthful idea then is dismissed.

As I'm sure you know, I'm not accusing you of these things, but some people in our congregation are quite guilty of this -- in fact this phenomenon runs rampant in society.

Anyway, if you do think or hear of a different theory that explains my difficulties logically, I'd be happy to hear it.

Scott

1 comment:

tammy said...

i love it tired of being labeled all the time. so i speak my mind that dont make me crazy people cant handle the truth.i will always be me.