Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Edmund: Forgive Me. I Had To Post Immediately.


Dear Edmund,

We met at the Decatur, GA Book Festival about four years ago, shortly after your book Hotel de Dream was released and you were on tour. I had worked for Tennessee Williams, and after your talk, you signed my copy of your book before we discussed Tennessee and the love we both share of the man and his work -- and the fact that I was working on a memoir of my experience working for him, www.walkingonglass.net .

Later, you and I were both to have books released April 2010 by Alyson Books. When Don Weise told me he was bumping you from being the featured release and that my Williams memoir would take that honored position, I was afraid to ask you to write the forward.

I have been pacing the floor for over an hour tonight, after reading the article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/25/edmund.white.hiv.aids/index.html?hpt=C1 . I now vividly remember your presence, so I am loath to believe, now, having been reminded also of your service to humanity – but especially GBLT people – and your writing achievements, the things I have been afraid were true about your professional relationship with Don Weise over the years, as told to me by John Uecker, the man who was with Tennessee Williams the night he died, and who I am now certain without doubt murdered Tom, probably by smothering him with a pillow. Dakin and Dotson Rader were convinced of this too -- and said so publicly. That might be why Dotson, reportedly the highest paid magazine writer at the time of Tom’s death, seemed to later disappear.

I will try to be brief now. Try. Uecker told me Weise had given you a $500,000.00 advance on a book for Carroll & Graf -- on a book you both knew would not be a commercial success, and in cahoots (for an unknown reason) deliberately destroyed Carroll & Graf. But John Uecker is no friend of anyone sane or loving, and he certainly was no friend of Tennessee’s. MUCH misinformation and disinformation was fed to me, but the bottom line is that Alyson Books never had any intention of publishing my book, and planned all along to go belly up, specifically to prevent my Williams book from being published. I can prove in a court of law that this was conscious and deliberate on Don Weise’s part. (And this is why if you had been with Don, you, too, were suspect.)

Why? Because I know too much – not only about the truth of Tennessee Williams’ death and how Republicans bribed several to perjure themselves to claim he was incompetent when he added the codicil that Jackie Onassis insisted he had to write. I WAS THERE – at Jean Stein’s apartment with George Plimpton as co-host. Truman was there – uber-pickled. Warren Beattie. Others. But the meeting with Jackie was private.

But as I refused to give up and insisted on moving forward to not let my book be destroyed and buried eternally, I found out so much more – more than can be believed by most people. And I have documented it in my blog: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com . Heavy politics begins about 1/1/10, a few weeks before I forced Alyson to cancel my contract. It is voluminous and repetitive – sometimes too dramatic, or almost hallucinatory. But I have straightened out nearly all of it now -- at least in my mind. The final pieces, perhaps you can help me with.

What do you know about Don’s exact plans with my book? Perhaps he hid his intentions from you, but I seem to remember warning you that something was up, and then your book disappeared from their ‘coming soon’ site long before mine (mine disappeared to MY and MY FRIENDS’ computers within a week after Alyson cancelled (about Jan. 17, 2010) but strangers – as well as I, when I used the ‘search this site’ function – still saw it listed as "to be published in April" for two more months. Yes.

When I delivered my final ms to Don, he told me it was extremely important that I erase all other drafts/versions from my computer. I thought that odd and a symptom of his being overworked. I had no intention of doing it. But a few days later when I flew back to Stone Mountain, GA, I found EVERY file (there were LOTS due to many revisions over 5.5 years and 12 major drafts) of the book had been deleted or gutted ON ALL THREE COMPUTERS THAT I OWNED.

Then, I discovered that Don had not even looked at the photos I sent him for inclusion -- and galleys were to be out mid-December. Beginning in mid-December, neither my agent nor I could get him to answer a single phone call or email for a month.

But now you are back with Don, your book listed here at his new publishing company: http://www.magnusbooks.com/ .

What’s up with THAT???

Please forgive me for copying this to my distant relatives whose branch of the Kenan family founded UNC and later inherited Henry Flagler’s wealth. They are my top allies now, having connected me to 60 MINUTES, whose producer (the most highly decorated female news producer ever, who had produced Walter Cronkite's CBS NEWS the last twelve years he anchored the program), told me she thought they would do at least TWO segments on my story when it becomes politically possible.

Also, I am working with Harvard’s top lawyers to reverse the illegal voiding of BOTH the will and codicil of Tennessee Williams. Ernie is my top spiritual counselor – and I have given First Presbyterian in Wilmington, NC where I now live a slice of all royalties, although I actually studied in Science of Mind, deeply, for 25 years – quite close to your upbringing in Christian Science. Another coincidence is our both having been born in Cincinnati, although I’d bet your mother did not blackmail your father into marriage to hide swastikas behind his surname, run Proctor & Gamble’s Skin Research Labs, continuing the work of (can’t prove this – not yet, anyway) Dr. Mengele’s experiments – possibly even developing the HIV virus.

Can you handle this? I’ve had no choice. Handle it or death – THAT has been my choice, and I am proud to say I HAVE ALREADY WON.

But I’m still seeking some answers, and if you read a bit, you might be able to help me. The truth about TW’s death is in yesterday’s blog post: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/05/finally-truth-about-tennessee-williams.html . Then info I sent to CNN a few days ago at their request: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-reply-to-cnns-request-for-info.html .

Please, Edmund, I MUST hear back a little from you within 48 hours. I’m so shell-shocked.

Because of frayed nerves, will publish this email on my blog if I have not heard from you SOMETHING, even if you need more time to write much. I mean no insult, but I’ve had it with waiting on people. Done. Over. Period.

That said in a tone I hate to use with someone I feel is not the monster I was led to believe you had somehow come to become.

My heart wishes you the best, and believes that you and I may be the two people alive who have witnessed the worst of what one could witness during the years of our lives. Writing this, I feel somehow quite comforted and less alone.

All best,
Scott

Cell: 910-XXX-XXXX (I do not get voicemails, usually, and often it claims my number is not in service. Just try a few minutes later and it should work.)

.

No comments: