Sunday, November 18, 2018

RP: A Wee Sunday Night Wrap-Up:

RE-PRINTED from herehttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-wee-sunday-night-wrap-up.html






Well, nothing yet from Stephen Colbert -- and it would be a TRIP if I get something from him or his office, after the weekend. This posting appears to be the TRUE STAR of the last week. After only two days, it's gotten the most hits of any posting this week: https://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/11/roman-catholic-stephen-colbert-gets.html

I quickly got a note back from Port City Daily Editor Ben Schachtman -- and to tell the truth, I almost wrote him quickly after I first heard from him, but figured he's INTUITIVE like me, and would KNOW I got a big kick out of what he sent. I needed to let my reply PERCOLATE before writing it.



Ben and his wife Casey, more recently, in a Red Room of mixed purposes.


Eating/drinking, smiling, and displaying of G-rated tattoos.

Ben claims I have revealed my Freudian Tendencies by originally labeling his wife "Kathy", Ben's mother's name (which I'd had no idea of)and I've changed it. He also thinks I have JUST WHAT WILMINGTON NEEDS: a Sense of HUMOR.


Wouldn't it be a FUN CHALLENGE to see if -- through humor -- I could give all of Wilmington DEMENTIA???



And THEN I could post this (below)to show my empathy for those with The Ailment:





What I would expect to be: "Rich White People of Wilmington with Dementia" is ACTUALLY  a scene from the Robert Ludlam playTurds in Hell, as once expounded on by Tennessee Williamshttp://laterdaysoftennesseewilliams.blogspot.com/2013/10/chapter-22-in-pursuit-of-youth.html


Well, Ben wrote that he has MORE to write -- after he completes his editor-duties -- and I might be showing signs of Dementia ALREADY, from too much computering today. I'd better test out some Herbal Remedy (but Monica Lewinsky can't deliver it TONIGHT)!!!







Mom, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan -- as I always think of her -- from 2009. And nearly-96-year-old Mom only 2.5 years ago:




You see, Mom called this afternoon and said Jane is leaving town for Thanksgiving, and why don't I come up and the two of us can enjoy the Celebration together.

We IMMEDIATELY started tossing out ideas of what to fix, and Mom has ALREADY pulled out her hand-crank grinder -- that I remember her always having, going back to the early 1950s, and ground up whole cranberries and orange peel to make her signature relish!!!

We will have a roasted, stuffed CHICKEN (so we don't just fall asleep) -- and chicken has been PROMINENT animal on this blog, today. But it WON'T be THIS ONE!!!:




Anyone (all my Readers), knowing my long and COMPLICATED relationship with my mother, knows this is all MIRACULOUS!!! 










.

No comments: