Saturday, December 18, 2010

My passport is found:

Hi Ricardo,

I just got onto the internet for the first time since driving near non-stop from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to my parents' house in Raleigh, NC, Estado Unidos. I am blessed in that, while I left under cover of night, I escaped an immanent death treat from the mafia but also eluded the Federales and other Law Enforcement who were kindly protecting me to the best of their ability. They picked me up in a road block about 25 miles north of the farthest north turnoff Hwy 200 toward Guadelajara, and were genuinely relieved and we kidded around a while before I shoved off again to soon cross the Sierra Madres, Occidental.

They were able to pretty accurately guess my continuing route and I was often heartened to see occasional evidence they were keeping watch. I passed through exit authorities without having to stop my car or pay a fine for leaving Mexico several days after my Visa expired. US Border Guards (many of whom I spoke with both on and off duty) treated me like a true American Hero.

One pointed out that being there in the trenches, they forget that most Americans (if not those of other nationalities), had been unaware the Bush and Cheney families are, with the Pope-in-Rome, in charge of the bulk of international narco-trafficking -- so they roundly applauded me for bringing this fact to the general public on my blog. I was humbled.

I am relieved that you found my passport. Someone else found my wallet and left word for me via Los Mangos Library, but the phone number was mis-conveyed, so I was unable to get it back. Tomorrow (Saturday), I expect to get use of someone's phone so I can call you and make arrangements for its shipment to me in the States.

Here in Estados Unidos, we have all won a glorious victory for Truth and Justice through the so-called Culture Wars, which in substance concluded today with the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell by the US Senate's overwhelming action.

But most importantly, we have won a victory for Love and Law -- the very definition of This Bipolar Thing We Call God.

Thank you for contacting me and for having cared enough to track me down. I will copy US Consular agent in PV, Sinead O'Day, as well as post this on my blog. I will change your name to protect your privacy.

PLEASE REPLY TO ME AT scottdkenan@gmail.com .

All best,
Scott Kenan

parents' phone: +001 (919) 231-xxxx

No comments: