Wednesday, August 28, 2013

In the Event of HANGOVER, House-Hunting is Advised!!!


THIS is the EXACT DRIVEWAY where Bob Jones (I know his name is actually "BO Jones", but I'll mostly call him Bob out of BAD HABITS!!!), and others of my high school days DROVE UP and then helped me to quickly ESCAPE!!!






"What I remember, is that you always called your parents "NAZI's" , and when I -- or I and others -- came to pick you up, you'd close the front door DEFINITIVELY, fold up into the front passenger seat, heave a big sigh and say 'Make tracks, B.O., the NAZIs are WILD today!!!' "


And so YES, I was Southern, even then.



And my parents paid $19,999.00 for that house in 1964 -- just so ya know what things cost back then.



But I was in my SHAKESPEARE PERIOD, so THIS is also TRUE!!!: http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2011/05/birnam-wood-done-come-to-dunsinane.html


And I searched for BO Jones' house on Caswallen Drive, but it is too long and now tree-full to bother with -- it was a VERY nice house, but not much decorated -- Bob's family always so active and it CAN be risky with kids in the house. But I ALWAYS will remember Bob's Dad's KICK ASS GIANT STEREO.


It was what I always ASPIRED to -- especially his giant speakers (the biggest I'd ever seen in "private possession" then). Yes, ME -- A KENAN -- trying to "keep up with the Joneses", when that VERY EXPRESSION is about Mr. & Mrs. Pembroke Jones's lavish parties (which ALWAYS included Pembroke's male lover quite openly), in Newport Rhode Island thrown to celebrate Mrs. Jones's BEST FRIEND, then the newly recognized by the NEW YORK TIMES to be "the wealthiest woman on earth", the widow, Ms. Mary Lily (Kenan) Flagler.


Maybe I can find an interesting image:


Jane Pope Akers Ridgway (click this link for more)

      by Susan Taylor Block, Airlie Historian



Tom Kenan with Jane (age 87) and Tom Ridgway, in Newport, 2005. (Thomas S. Kenan III)


Amidst the glamour, it was her love that made her unforgettable to so many people.

Jane London Pope Akers Ridgway died October 6, 2011. She is survived by her daughter, Ellery Akers. Mrs. Ridgway’s death is a poignant benchmark in Wilmington, where her grandparents, Sarah and Pembroke Jones, and their friend and Mr. Jones's lover, Henry Walters, formed a trio that turned the town upside down.


They raised the bar in entertainment, personal real estate development, landscape architecture, social networking, and private employment. The Keeping-up-with-the-Joneses’ Wilmington parties wowed even their Newport friends.


The Joneses’ mansions at Airlie and Pembroke Park (Landfall) amazed.  Sarah Jones’ s garden creation at Airlie traversed 155 acres of land. The Joneses’  list of party guests included U. S. Presidents and Governors; and their personal staff often topped 100 employees. Jane Ridgway was the last of her family to experience and treasure years of memories of people and places in Wilmington, and to care deeply for Airlie.


One of their homes in "Airlie Gardens" in Wilmington:



>>> ADDED LATER: This is IN FACT the house my mother painted from a painting of it she found in a book. Mom ALWAYS DECLARED how she LOVED AIRLIE GARDENS -- only problem was that even though we got to Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, NC for two week vacations every year back then, we NEVER could afford the admission, so NO ONE ever went.
Except ONE TIME -- my super-dim memory suggesting I was probably about three then. Baby Jane would have been free, and maybe me.




3810 (I think) Greenwich Road, Louisville, KY -- the house with the captured "Spirit of Airlie" on the eatin' end of the kitchen (no dining room).



If you go Google Maps' Satellite View, the house four down to the left here is were we USUALLY played "doctors" (me, a lot). Not only did they have AIR CONDITIONING, but my friend's Dad was a DOCTOR, so LOTS of books with pictures of ALL THE WEIRDEST THINGS, although mostly, we were interested in SEXSHUL.



We lived there until about two weeks before President Kennedy's assassination, when we moved to Pennsylvania. My parents, in Louisville, got gifts of cases of Pepsi products from a Vice President of PepsiCo every Christmas -- and they were somehow connected to the Bingham Family who owned the Louisville Courier-Journal, my Conservative Republican parents -- and that then one of the STRONGEST Liberal Democratic press voices!!!


But Mom took at least me -- and maybe Jane -- to see President Kennedy speak when he came to Louisville -- that speech STILL, long after his death -- the one he got the longest applause for.



And LONG before I actually MET Jackie Kennedy Onassis in 1982, I was LONG in the habit of every couple of years giving ONE single clap -- so I would ALWAYS BE THE LAST CLAPPING.



So when I MET Jackie, I doubled down and clapped with ALL four hands.



>>> AND NOT ONLY THAT: "Col." Robert Worth Bingham, Mary Lily Kenan's LAST of two husbands, got her addicted to Laudanum and Cocaine to alleviate the effects of her tertiary syphilis (whose only cure then was the very painful Arsenic). Then he poisoned her to death after getting a codicil added to her will giving him the quite tiny $5,000,000.00 to her -- this in 1917 dollars!!!


He bought the paper, began a whole publishing empire, and was made Ambassador to the Court of St. James (England, sounds like). The Kenans licked their wounds, exhuming Mary Lily's body THREE (known) TIMES, the last being documented with Thomas S. Kenan III on 60 MINUTES in 1989 -- about the same time that my fourth cousin Allan Gurganus's book THE OLDEST CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL (based very loosely on my great-grandparents, renamed "Marsden"), was first broadcast and won so many Emmys.


I DO BELIEVE that when the Kenans inherited Frank Hawkins HUGE share of Coca-Cola, they influenced Coke to swap the coca-leaf juice (NEVER Cocaine!!!), for caffeine.


And I DO BELIEVE that my parents' relationship with a VP of Pepsi and with the Bingham Family's paper was UNNATURAL.

And WHY did we suddenly move -- right BEFORE President Kennedy's assassination???



And I REALLY DON'T THINK I have four hands (arms, or "partials"). I was using poetic licensing. this is a LITERARY BLOG whose PROMINENTLY DECLARED PURPOSE IS HUMOR -- NOT "courtroom-quality" evidence. Anyone NOT understanding ANY passage in this blog or having PROOF something is untrue should contact me IMMEDIATELY -- but few have done so . . .


Scott


* * *


>>> OK, THAT HANGOVER:



1. I EARNED a serious hangover because I was SO THRILLED to have such a GREAT TIME on the phone with Mr. BO Jones yesterday, that I BROKE DOWN and drained all the half-shots in about eight liquor bottles I have kept around, enjoying the FESTIVITY of those colored bottles atop my kitchen cabinets -- and today, threw out all that trash.


I might have had more than that.


Anyhoo, after going to bed (tipsily), I remembered that Saper Law in Chicago had DOUBLED DOWN and gotten Amazon.com to SUSPEND sales of my book -- based on the NEVER LEGALLY SERVED lawsuit that they purportedly won.


Since the book's site has NOT been taken down, this must be TEMPORARY, so I will soon contact them with a few WORDS OF MY OWN. But I need to call Saper Law as well (I had hoped to today, but my brain ain't up to it again, yet), to see if we can reach an AMICABLE agreement regarding THIS BLOG (which I was a little surprised had not DISAPPEARED this morning).


You see, they "won" full ownership of ALL MY BLOG POSTS on "scottkenan.blogspot.com" (my blog's AMERICAN ADDRESS), while I write and view on scottkenan.blogspot.MX here in Mexico -- and THAT site (maybe because it is Mexican), was NOT given to them.

Tricky, no???


And they ALSO got ownership of EVERY SINGLE EMAIL I have ever written or WILL WRITE that in anyway mentions or refers to "these matters".


I can't even THINK of how to handle this. Perhaps Jed Clampon will BUY ME A PLANE TICKET -- and we can sort them out on my computer at his Windy City Wazoos office in Chicago -- although I know he was RECENTLY DEMOTED from Sr. V.P. to sales.

Still, I hope it is a BUSINESS CLASS ticket so I have LEG ROOM!!!


* * *

I think this is enough for today. I'm still a little "under the weather", and obviously did NOT call Jack Stein back in Wilmington City Offices -- for the same reason.

BUT I WILL SAY THIS:


I received this email exactly from a Mr. Lanter Marshall or Marshall Lanter, marshalljr@bellsouth.net , "go fuck yourself" in which he used
neither caps nor punctuation. Perhaps his METH had run out!!!


But then I "google-mapped" his home in Wilmington, NC




This is the EXACT HOUSE where Dingle-Christian Rusty Hooks, Jr. of Arbor Advantage (tree service), and I as his employee in spring of 2011 DID A JOB!!!



And Cindy Beatty ADMITTED TO ME that when she and Christopher Wright Rogers were giving District Attorney Benjamin R. David EVIDENCE AGAINST ME they got while freeloading in my S. Eighth St. apartment by RUMMAGING THROUGH MY DESK and private papers, Rusty Hooks, Jr. was ALSO giving Ben David "evidence" (of WHAT I would not know -- Rusty TWICE borderline sexually molested me by putting his PAWS all over my shoulders, neck, and back, but he was so PRAYERFUL TO JEBUS as constantly as TIM TEBOW preparing to actually PLAY IN A GAME (for a change)!!!






Or just call Rusty's cell phone and ASK HIM. I've just tested this number and it IS ACTIVE and RUSTY's!!!:


Surf Fishing Adventures With Rusty Hooks



Open 24 Hours |  Hours

(910) 617-1100

Wilmington, NC 28401






.

No comments: