Thursday, December 5, 2013

The BEST News from Wilmington, North Carolina -- and San Francisco (and my BED!!!)!!!

  
 
Like This PageLiked · about an hour ago
 

In order to learn, grow, and be successful YOU MUST step out of your comfort zone. Everything you desire is on the other side of fear. http://tinyurl.com/3ylz3tx




>>> FIRST, YE OLDE NEWS:


1. This morning I was THRILLED to see that my most recent posting, http://scottkenan.blogspot.mx/2013/12/voicemail-just-left-for-christian.html , has gone what can fairly be called VIRAL, scoring TONS OF HITS, even climbing to near to TOP of the WEEKS' LIST of top hit postings -- despite EVERY OTHER POST I'VE EVER WRITTEN having had longer to gain such high status.



I THANK MY READERS!!!



And I wanted to be CERTAIN that both Christian Blonshine and Kim Weiss of Health Communications, Inc. (HCI Books), had received my emails yesterday, but neither of them having answered their extensions, I left Christian more details about how SERIOUS I am (knowing EXACTLY HOW Christal Presley would lie to him in an attempt to discredit me -- the usual Republican/Christian way to try to AVOID ANSWERING THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS). I also left my cell number for them -- should they care to contact me before I follow up after the weekend.


2. The GOOD NEWS from my BED!!!:


Having recently read an article about what a HORRIBLE HEALTH HAZARD beds can become, with the build-up of SWEAT (especially in climates like this Mexican jungle), mites, bacteria, mold, and perhaps even LICHENS (and being mostly broke, I bought a USED ONE), I bought a spray bottle and filled it with about 8% Clorox v. water, and changing the sheets, yesterday, sprayed down the mattress and pillows, then allowed them to dry.


For the FIRST TIME in my own home here, last night, I slept in an ODORLESS BED!!!



3. The GOOD NEWS from San Francisco:


 
Ezekiel "Zeke" Krahlin is ALL OVER THE INTERNETS as an activist, but THIS is his only photo that I could find.


Zeke was kind enough to send me serious compliments -- and add an RSS feed on his blog to THIS BLOG -- MERCY ME!!!


You can see Zeke's amazing blog here: http://zekeblog.wordpress.com/ , and here is a screen-capture of what an RSS feed to this blog looks like:


 
 
 
MUCHOS GRACIAS SENOR KRAHLIN!!!
 
 
 
* * *


>>> TODAY'S TRUE "CAKE TOPPER" -- THE NEWS FROM WILMINGTON!!!:



 
Christopher Everette, the Director and co-writer as well as co-producer of the film-still-in-progress, WILMINGTON ON FIRE.



I met Chris Everette when we BOTH were staying at the SUPER 8 motel on Market Street in Wilmington -- just a week or so before Wilmington Police and New Hanover Sheriff Deputies MURDERED my friend Evan Fish, who was staying with others there, then -- he moving in with me a short time later. Chris was filming interviews in his room, and while we had a GREAT MEETING, including my disclosing the ROLE of the KENAN FAMILY in this event, Chris later BLOCKED ME because rather than GET MY HUGE INFORMATION, rather than deal with the FACT that I was having sex with a lot of black Wilmington men, then, he was CHRISTIAN HORRIFIED!!!


A BIGOT making a film that NEEDS TO BE MADE about the MURDEROUS RAMPAGE of WHITE BIGOTS, including my distant Kenan relatives and First Presbyterian Church as PLANNERS -- and my grandfather, Joseph Emerson Kenan, as a teenaged KLANSMAN assisting in a more minor way.




 
Chris WILLINGLY and CONSCIOUSLY decided to EXCLUDE MY PRIVILEGED INFO because of his RABID HOMOPHOBIA!!!



That said, his film is NOT about sexuality, so it makes little difference (except I know so MUCH he can't get access to -- THE FOOL!!!).



But THAT SAID, I TOTALLY SUPPORT CHRIS'S PROJECT. I am FAR BIGGER than the GOD-HATE of BLACK, WHITE, or other FAKE CHRISTIANS -- and everything about Chris as a DIRECTOR screams QUALITY!!!



FROM HERE: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/114940453/wilmington-on-fire/posts/684980





Emotional Screening at the 2013 Cucalorus Film Festival

Comment 
1 like
Greetings Everyone
On November 14th, 2013, we had the wonderful opportunity of being a part of the “Works in Progress” program at the Cucalorus Film Festival in Wilmington, North Carolina. We had one of the most anticipated screenings in the “Works in Progress” program at the festival this year.
People were so excited about seeing the new trailer and exclusive footage, our screening was sold out 2 days before we actually had the screening. The day of the screening was “standing room only”. After showing the footage, we had a very emotional community discussion about the film, race, reparations and the community today in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Seeing all of the excitement and anticipation of people wanting to see the completion of the film, it really energized me and pushed me to get this project ready for the world to see. Lets make this happen and invite our friends to get behind this powerful film.
Check out this article by Amanda Greene about the screening at the Cucalorus Film Festival, Film about 1898 riots evokes emotional response:http://wilmingtonfavs.com/2013/11/14/film-1898-riots-evokes-emotional-response/
Check out some of the pics of “Wilmington on Fire” at the Cucalorus Film Festival below! (Photos by: Holland Dotts)
 

I am PLEASED AS CAN BE to see so many WHITE FACES, three of which I recognize from my time in Wilmington!!!




Scott





.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, thanks for the kudos, Scott! BTW, I don't even sleep on a bed. Instead, I lay down two plastic tarps on the linoleum floor of my humble SRO, then cover that with a folded comforter for a bit of cushion. Another comforter on top of that, serves for a blanket. I sleep with my clothes on. Very comfy, believe it or no. Plus, I have a bit more open space in my cell during the day time when my bedding is folded up. In fact, you can view a pic albome of my abode in my blog piece called "SROverhaul":

http://zekeblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/sroverhaul/

My room overlooks the Castro on Market Street. This may or may not be significant. ;p

Unknown said...

No excuse for Christopher's homophobia, regardless of his filmmaking talent. Ignoring the rampant homophobia among people of color /by/ a person of color with media attention, is to perpetuate the slaughter. We have to thank the black churches for this. Homosexuals are the only minority with /no/ support (but voracious enmity) from church /or/ family. That leaves us highly vulnerable to all elements of society. Af-Amer queers should show up in their churches and stand up to loudly dissent whenever their leader preaches anti-gay dogma from the pulpit. (I even thought of doing it myself, but I'm white, so that would have the wrong impact. But I sure am tired of waiting for my black gay bros to do the right thing.) MLK's speech writer was gay (Bayard Ruskin), and Mr. King kept /him/ at the back of the bus (so to speak). Goddess bless Coretta for speaking out so brave and strong for LGBT folk! But screw some of his /other/ relations, anti-gay bigots they be.

- Zeke Krahlin