Monday, December 30, 2013

Everything Has FINALLY Come Together (if not necessarily everyONE).






>>> ADDED NOTE: My new blog, THE WEATHER CONTINUES . . .   begins January 1, 2014 and can be found here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/scottkenan .


* * *


1.      Last night after posting/emailing, I found I STILL had outrageous trouble with Internet Explorer and NONE WHATSOVER with Google Chrome and the problems on Chrome in Google Blogger had all disappeared as well. A HUGE SHOUT OUT to Google for fixing these things!!!

However, I STILL could not remove any more postings from my blog, and that made NO SENSE to me at all. THEN, as I was leaving and I have not yet tested this out, I realized that since I had been converting the posts to un-published drafts, rather than deleting them entirely, I thought about Blogger’s warning and realized it was just BAD WRITING and should have said something like “You cannot have more than 50 posts as drafts at once.”

And I DID explore some possibilities yesterday, including that in a matter of about one second I CAN delete the blog entirely – and I can save it all downloaded in a single XLS or similar file. I tried it yesterday, and while that is a file that I have not learned to open so I just see blog contents, I could use it to REPOST the entire blog licketty split.




2.      A NEW PLAN: Since I so like Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and she bought Tumblr, a blogging spot, I think I will blog there. And I think that there is a POSSIBILITY that I could secure THIS entire blog with a PASSWORD, so I could leave it up and give the password to the CIA (and others who convince me to – I just don’t think the General US Public is anywhere near ready to hear the truth). So that is what I hope to do (yeah, I know – the CIA has EVERYONE’s passwords already, but I will play by the rules of appearances up-kept), and if I can’t password-protect this blog, I’ll take it down completely and I can give the CIA a copy of that file of it.


SIMPLICITY, no???


In the meantime, I need to set up the new blog and such as well, and I have no Internet at home, now, so will try to find a place with WiFi where I can spend a lot of time and smoke tobacco like a stack (wasting nearly all of it but addicted to the action, regardless). So I might not complete all this before the stroke of midnight tomorrow night – but will quite soon thereafter, God willing.


3.      That weird creature (posted at the top, yesterday), Dorothy McCaskill, has been IDENTIFED by a reader who found I had used that photo to photo-ize an alleged Wilmington, NC woman probably in summer of 2011, after some dame claiming that name emailed me -- or perhaps even commented on this blog about what a FINE CHRISTIAN PATRIOT Republican North Carolina State Senator Thom Goolsby is.





Senator Goolsby, the WAVE OF HIS HAIR not fully showing here. And quite FRANKLY, every time I ran into Senator Goolsby (readers will recall that when his wife invited me into their home, briefly, he was not there), he looked more like a haggard but showered DIRT BAG – ALWAYS with earpiece from his iPhone in his ear and NEVER talking with ANYONE he encountered or passed on Wilmington streets – or sitting in the front window of the main Port City Java on Front Street.

But what truly STOLE THE SHOW for ME, was that once I was in the African-Immigrant-owned convenience store right near Front and Princess Streets, when he walked right past me TWICE (I’m 6’ 11”, remember), and he truly didn’t notice me. The proprietor was making silent hand signals for me to NOT get Thom’s attention, so I didn’t.

The BEST in this blog on Thom Goolsby can be had googling “Goolsby riding the wave”, which has a whole string of comments back and forth between the two of us, Thom then using the moniker “NCGrandRep”, for North Carolina Grand Republican – but claiming to be a kindly GRANDMOTHER – HA!!!








4.      Now there was some SERIOUS discussion on CNN this morning about FAT DAMES and a blogger who is fed up with being discriminated against over her heftiness – understandable, yet absurd.

I don’t care WHAT your gland situation is, you can’t get fat without overeating – and also true your weight is only your business and DEFINES how you see yourself. MANY women are what used to be called “pleasantly plump” and the emphasis is on “pleasantly”. Surely Michaela Perez is one of these. 




But being brought up by my mother, who at 6’ and German big-boned, naturally was somewhat thick, but most of her adult life verged on obese, I have endured a LIFETIME of watching her eat potato chips (often with a dip made of yellow prepared mustard and Kraft Miracle Whip – because she was TOO CHEAP to buy and use sour cream or prepared dips), like we took Catholic Communion in the old days – eyes closed, tongue extended in joyful expectation, and with DEEP REVERENCE.


I dare say this is why I have no interest in potato chips today.


5.      Well, I’d better get down to business (as they say). Much on my plate and many errands to run as well.


Scott





.

No comments: