Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Letter to Don Weise, King of My Adversaries



Dear Don,

Thank you for completely removing my book, WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS, from your website. Finally and, apparently, entirely. But I have noticed that you are still playing internet games. Example: Ghalib Shiraz Dhalia's The Two Krishnas does not show up on Alyson's home page with the other books, but if I search your site-search for it, you still list it. This is exactly what you had been doing with my book for months after you cancelled the contract 1/19/10. You made it so that my computer would be identified as i sought your site and be directed to a phony page showing my book no longer in your line-up, but most others went to your actual home page that showed it would be available 4/10/10.

An aside: Alyson's site, which used to be a delight to explore, is now a husk riddled with peculiar marks, at least the one my computer is currently allowed to access (MacBook Pro via Firefox). You ought to fix this if you expect anyone to continue to believe you will pay anyone. To my knowledge, the people who won legal judgements late last fall against Regent/Here/Alyson have not yet been paid and you can't legally pay royalties due later before paying earlier legal judgements.

I should have listened to John Uecker (one-time literary assistant to Tennessee Williams and later assistant to James Purdy until Purdy's death) who told me you had given Edmund White a $500,000.00 advance on a book that earned a small fraction of that while you were at Carroll and Graf. I have no way of knowing if this is true or not, but Uecker claims that your actions at that house led to its collapse. I was most gratified to see that Ed did not, in fact, publish any book with Alyson this spring as you had told me would be the case. You so enjoyed telling me that you were putting me ahead of Edmund in the spring line-up. I greatly enjoyed meeting Ed at the Decatur Book Festival a few years ago, but the viruses that have riddled my computers since I signed the contract with Alyson have stripped his (and other important) addresses from my address book. These viruses are Chinese-made, employed by the Republican Party, and so impossible to be rid of, the techs at Apple are still trying to figure out how to disinfect my computer. I'd also like to add that your Republican/Chinese Communist Party pals have placed a TON of hidden files on this computer, many written entirely in Chinese characters. I did find those.

Of course I risk appearing delusional. Your opinion of me is none of my business. I have my former employer to thank for teaching me how to live with being mis-interpreted. But without use of so many drugs (and I must point out that other than smoking pot a time or two, Tennessee's drugs were all prescribed to him by legal doctors), I am better at it than was he.

Your lies and crimes are monumental, and many have told me how you and Colichman had assembled your little gay media empire with the express purpose of removing all significant gay writers from the public, and setting them up for extermination by your other Republican Party allies. The ways and means you all had planned are too complicated to detail here, but rest assured that many of us know and will be working soon with Law Enforcement to untangle your now-defeated scheme. They might not have told you of the extermination plans. That's how evil works: promise them their dream and then strip them of their humanity once you get them addicted to the promise of money, fame, and lust. Otherwise, keep them in the dark about how they play into other evil schemes. Thomas Keith knows all about that!

And speaking of lust, you and your pal Philip Rafshoon here at Outwrite Books in Atlanta, sure disrespected Aiden Shaw beyond belief. Treated him behind his back like nothing but a lust-object, although to his credit for consistency, Philip at least disrespected him publicly as well at his book signing in ATL. Aiden is one of the most sensitive, kind, and loving people I've met. He turned beet red and shy as a school girl at the signing when I let him know I knew it. I doubt he'll be getting any money from his book though. THAT's a damn shame! Publish his wonderful book, disrespect him, and then keep his money. If you pay him, I'll publicly eat my words.

And yes, I'll still be alive to do it, although retreated to Mismaloye, Mexico (10 km south of Puerto Vallarta) to hold writing, Williams, and Aztec Culture seminars in the first house up Av. Eva Gardner on the hill above the ruins of the movie set of The Night of the Iguana. Perhaps unbelievably, I am engaged to an Aztec king who was at birth given the first name of Tennessee's father, Cornelius (also the name of his favorite pet, a bulldog that I cared for back then). He was born eight months to the day after TW died, and begins some sentences "Tennessee says. . . ."

You and your ilk are now totally check-mated.

We all get our just desserts or deserts. I can never remember the correct spelling. And forget trying to commit me to a mental hospital. FIVE times, now, the Republican Party's agents have tried and the only result is that my town and county have changed how they handle such "courtesy calls" of claims someone is on the verge of suicide or other "crazed" behavior. Your tactics have opened a LOT of eyes around here. I'm not one to stand silent.

All best to you as you face the legal onslaught. You will know it when you encounter it. I have no info on the timing plans.

Almost forgot! Thanks for providing the material for my second book about the adventures one encounters publishing a Williams memoir that tells the full truth. The first draft being my blog: scottkenan.blogspot.com , will also include much material from my hundreds of hypergraphic emails I've sent so many since first encountering you. I'll be sure to give you plenty of credit. Kisses to my (actually YOUR) former agent, Cindy.

Scott D. Kenan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Scott.. I am an author who has not been paid for work by Alyson Books. I have read most if not all of the posts here regarding Alyson. I have emailed you, but am not sure you will get the emails... so I am leaving an email address where you or any other unpaid writer may reach me to share information and experiences about this publisher... philipwolfgangbulgakov@gmail.com

Regards

Dean