Monday, October 17, 2011

No Time for Grousing!!!


( . . . and is rarely properly centered.)


>>> THIS JUST IN: I am FINALLY scheduled for a psychiatric evaluation tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. Don Hoover seemed quite professional on the phone and I feel no need to tape record the proceedings. LOL!!!

>>> IN OTHER NEWS:

1. Overheard in the U-Haul storage area yesterday. Came from the mouth of fellow Mercy House resident and dispenser of small jobs and other things, James Sharpe: "It's nobody's business WHAT I sell -- as long as I don't sell THEM." (laughter) "And he's too used to sell!!!" (more laughter, and louder)

2. I made peace with Ben David's election as a Deacon at First Presbyterian Church, which happened yesterday. I also have abandoned the aggressive nature of my campaign against Ben, realizing that the Federal Agent who spoke to me early last week was letting me know that the Feds can take it from here.

3. Nearly all resistance to me and aggressive behaviors by the drug and/or alcohol addled have ceased. I seem to be getting along with EVERYONE now, including Ben David, whom I offered a sincere wish for success in the election just before services. He thanked me in a congenial tone, which I have no reason to believe was insincere.

4. I might-could be falling in love with an old fashioned gentleman who is younger than me. Also currently suffering from "reduced circumstances," he is also from a distinguished pre-Revolutionary War North Carolina family which had a town in this state named after them. More later as things develop . . .

5. Robbie Trayhan showed back up on the street today after a weekend in the dry-out tank. He panhandled me unsuccessfully, then later told me he wants me to produce his new Reality Show; AMERICAN PANHANDLING. While that is a tempting and even brilliant idea, Robby's back to his usual ways and in no way can be considered reliable -- or even adult. I wished him luck, but could not tip him. I DID have his new hang-out buddies in stitches. Jersey seems to have abandonned Robbie after their association caused him to have a crisis when their open-container tickets piled up so high the Save-a-Tree Foundation began picketing in front of their drinking spots.

I announced to both that when the false open-container ticket each of us got about two weeks ago comes to court on November 1, instead of arguing my own case then, I'll have my lawyer take the case. It seems minor, but they say it is a Fool who uses himself for a lawyer. One thing I've DEFINITELY learned is that prosecutors are NOT bound by ethics and and are FAR more experienced in the Tricks of Court than am I. That said, I have softened slightly, and no longer blame the District Attorney for the arrests as a form of harassment of me. We WERE causing a ruckus-of-hilarity in the alley as we discussed some of my legal mis-adventures, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone called to complain, having assumed those two who so often drink in alleys were drinking then. That doesn't change the facts of it though.

6. I'm beginning to become quite concerned about Danny Sinatra (Frank's great nephew who is married to cult-actress Phoebe Dollar and works occassionally for the TV show ONE TREE HILL). He does not return my phone calls and I fear might have gotten into some kind of trouble with Brenda McKnight's drug dealer, Gerald Austin-Wynn. Danny's had his own issues with drugs in the past. He was unable to pick up the rest of my goods (which he'd promised to set up and do promptly after we'd gotten the first half over a week ago. My attorney mysteriously (I hadn't realized she was helping set up the second haul) had called me Friday to say it had been set up for Sunday (yesterday) at 3:00 PM, but also Friday, Danny said he couldn't make it Sunday and would set something up.

Additionally, this morning I left him a message that in one yet-unretrieved box is the North Carolina I.D. of an aquaintance who'd left it in my apartment some months ago, and he and his girlfriend have been living on the streets because without the ID, he can't get into a homeless shelter. I hope Danny's fine and can understand there is some urgency -- at least to let me know how things are progressing.

In any case, I feel this does not reflect on the rest of the Sinatra family.

7. I'm getting back to straightening out everything with Amazon to find out why they down-graded WALKING ON GLASS to "draft" instead of "published" and are not marketing it. Also, having befriended a published author and NPR commentator who knows about these things, decided to go ahead and let Amazon publish the book in paper after adding more photos, the originals of which I have just come back into possession of and can scan.

My original manuscript files are on my old computer that my sister had given me, and which got so attacked I can't even bring it up in Windows' Safe Mode to repair it. I've gotten an estimate of $100 to repair it and salvage the files which I'll do when I can afford it, but I'd also sent the files to my minister for safekeeping as well. I expect I will need to use them to get this work on the road and get some sales pumped higher. With my need to be "political" reduced in all areas except for assisting Harvard University's Legal Department undo the illegal overturning of Tennessee Williams' will codicil so that THEY control his estate (now estimated to be over $1/3 Billion, although at the time of his death only $10 Million), I should be able to begin making real progress, even though I can't set up an office in the shelter.
.

No comments: