Friday, May 17, 2019

RP: "Frank Sinatra is probably the ONLY WHITE MAN who could get away with singing this song." / A FILM on Bert Bennett, Jr., and His Experience with NC Governors and Presidents Kennedy and Obama:

For WIDER GRAPHICShttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2019/05/frank-sinatra-is-probably-only-white.html





Alex Ainley shared his first post.
Hope this link works. I hope you will forgive me if I share a quick view about this wonderful performance because it is another example of the interpretative genius that Sinatra was. I remember thinking the low, long rumble was odd the first time I heard it. But I soon realized how moving it was because (bear with me please!) it represents having hit rock bottom, everything is lost and then the rise up again in pitch and volume is like a resurrection, saved by hope and the inspirational resilience of the river. Don't you love him for having the bravery and conviction and imagination to come up with this? Brilliant. That is art right there.



Joyce Heathfield He learnt his breathing technique from I believe Tommy Dorsey and how Tommy played the trumpet.





"Old Man River" was the FAVE SONG of my FAVE SPIRITUAL TEACHERDr. J. Kennedy Schultz, who had a classical pianist play different meditative selections before he spoke each Sunday morning -- except once per year a big black baritone came in to sing this song.



And for SOME REASON, the "c" was always left out of Kennedy's name when that church published collections of his talks -- HA!!!

News Feed

“A man without a woman is like a pistol without a trigger; it is the woman who makes the man go off.” 

― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
Comments



  • Shane Ringo you know what he DIDN'T want in a woman - his CACK!
    1


>>> THIS JUST IN!!!:




Wyatt Prunty, the TONE DEAF (according to Randall Kenan who's taught there about 14 years now)Director of the Sewanee Writers Conference the last 30 years is OUT!!!



Randall Kenan





Leah StewartHead of the English Department at University of Cincinnati, was BORN in 1973, the year I graduated from Denison University, is taking over for Mr. Prunty!!!


GUESS I'd better soon write her a LETTERno???


>>> OTHER THINGS I'VE RECENTLY MISSED POSTING:

1.



The Ellsworth Gallery Dragonhttps://ellsworthgallery.com/



Barry Ellsworth, son of Sallie Bingham:




And I have been FORCED TO CONCLUDE that Sallie, now being only 82 years of age, was DRUNK AS A SKUNK when she last emailed me personally (individually) -- and NOT SENILE!!!


I got Sallie's latest piece yesterday via email: https://salliebingham.com/and-it-does-go-on/, and REALLY wanted to write her son Barry about a TON OF THINGS, but then discovered that my college friend Bert Bennett III, PhD's family businesses are ALL AROUND ME here in Wilmington, NC!!!





2. I really did NOT do the just-learned coincidence of Bert Bennett, Jr. being the father of my friend Bert Bennett, III -- and that the elder Bennett has remained as a MAIN FORCE of Positive Encouragement, if not someone I think of daily.

Also, I LOVE that he was the OPPOSITE of that "GOD-FUCKING" leader of North Carolina Republicans, Frank Hawkins Kenan!!!



Bert Bennett, Jr. dishes on NC Governors Sanford and Hunt -- and Presidents Kennedy and Obama!!!



Frank Hawkins Kenan -- Philanthropist Extraordinaire -- who HATED only JEWS more than he hated "Niggers", and leaves a Legacy of TOTALLY CORRUPTING the Repubican Party so that Donald Trump could DESTROY DEMOCRACYtoday.







.

No comments: