Sunday, January 6, 2019

RP: Well, THIS Was EMBARRASSING!!!:




Me, Mom, and Julie -- December 23, 2018 -- our "Early Christmas". And HOW I GOT THERE:




Well, I called my mother at 2:26 PM, and we spoke for a good number of minutes. I told her all about how "Miss Piggy" had earned her name (Mom LOVES to hear all about the Chicken -- and for YEARS collected chicken figurines from all the countries she and Dad visited in their retirement).

And I told her all about how I applied to the North Carolina Justice Academy after only one cup of coffee, and how and why I felt I could contribute the cost of transportation and the $25.00 event fee -- but asked for help with accommodations. I explained that it is COMMON in those things to get a bite of dinner and hang with the same people discussing ideas, and I didn't want to disrupt anyone's lives when I have NO IDEA how late I would be out.


I should get "Judge Robin Wickes Robinson DIPLOMACY POINTS" for that one, no???


I told her how I'd had a great conversation with Rob in the front apartment -- he was very understanding -- and he is NO LONGER hocking on my step. He continues to enjoy coming down to enjoy the Peace of this yard -- and Miss Piggy.




Miss Piggy has gotten FATTER than this shows.



And we spoke of the weather (DELIGHTFUL both in Raleigh and Wilmington, today), and that I had spoken with Judge Robinson, late yesterday afternoon.

As we were coming to a close, Mom said, "You are FORGETTING something."



Today is Mom's NINETY-SIXTH BIRTHDAY!!!


How the HELL did I forget THAT???


I told her that I've thought about it A LOT -- but not yesterday or today -- thinking of it either of those days and I would have remembered to call (you, TOO will someday be over 65). Also, although I know it is ridiculous superstition, that since Dad died early Easter morning, 2014 -- three days before his 96th birthday -- I was a LITTLE afraid Mom might go January 3 -- but she DIDN'T!!!


And we did NOT discuss President Donald Trump's ADDICTION TO ADDERALL -- at ALL!!!








Well, I attended at least ONE Birthday Party while working for Tennessee Williams (although it was Virgil Thomson's 85th -- not Mom's):











.

No comments: