Monday, October 24, 2011

The United Way and Good Shepherd Center -- Partners in Crime???



Letter I just sent to the Director of Wilmington, NC's "10-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness", part of the United Way: http://www.uwcfa.org/10-year-plan-end-chronic-homelessness :

Dear Mr. Ferrell,


I moved to Wilmington, NC the first of this year, and although I am from an "Old Wilmington Family" (not the better-known wealthy branch that founded UNC), I never lived in NC before -- although I've been visiting since I was an infant.

Some call me "The Homeless Kenan," but, in fact, I've found a home at Mercy House Shelter. Because of my parents' involvement with some top Republicans (mostly -- District Attorney Ben David is a Democrat who is involved) involved in narco-trafficking, I've had some serious adventures of just about any kind you might imagine -- many of them here in Wilmington.

Months ago, I noticed your organization's faux parking meters for collection of donations to support organizations that help the homeless, and after frequent observation, I must say I've never seen anyone contribute through them (except one woman who thought it was her REAL parking meter -- I hope she didn't get a ticket!!!).

Now, I must confess that for years I've heard that United Way is more of a profitable business than anything else -- not that you show profits, but pay some nice salaries to people not really helping the needy of any description. In fact, I just noticed the most prominent thing on your website http://www.uwcfa.org/10-yr-plan-executive-board is this statement of pride in the value of your BRAND:

Did You Know?

According to Forbes 2010 List of the Most Valuable Brands, United Way ranks #26! Our brand is worth more than Nike, American Express, ESPN, and many more! Check it out here. (Link can be accessed from this page.)

Wouldn't it have been better Public Relations if you had bragged on some service you provided rather than the value of your brand???

>>> Exactly how much money have you collected from these meters since 2008, which was the beginning of your program?

Do you even have any idea the crimes that are committed at Good Shepherd Center -- or by its employees and residents?

1. In late January or early February, Tim, the overnight manager, banned me from breakfast at the Shepherd and called the Police who, like me, could get NO REASON for the banning (this is reported on my blog), but the Police said that nevertheless, I would have to abide by it. Tim also told me then (not in front of Police) that I was PERMANENTLY BANNED from ALL shelters in Wilmington. This later proved to be a lie.

2. In February, I secured enough money to rent an apartment at 111A South Eighth Street and took in a bewildered man from Guatemala, David (last name withheld) who had been tricked into paying them $3,500.00 USD and moving to Wilmington by people who claimed he would get legal immigrant papers when he arrived on their bus. He did NOT. They let him out here with no contacts or anything and I met him at the former Drop In Center behind Le' Chris at 16th and Market Sts. I took him in for a month until he fled Wilmington. He had been working for someone associated with The Good Shepherd Center until he demanded he be paid after several delays, and they took him out with two of his Guatemalan friends, shot the two friends in the face, and told him they would do that to him if he asked to be paid again. I believe he is hiding in Charlotte now. I have his cell phone so his contacts can be checked by LAWFUL Law Enforcement, eventually (I removed the battery to prevent hacker-tampering).

I blogged about this as well.

3. I was told at the time that David's employer was coming over to "shoot up my house" by David's alleged girlfriend by phone. I looked outside and a Good Shepherd van sat idling with two people in the front seat in front of the house across the street. I knew someone had hacked my wifi network and I assume they were doing at least that.

David's girlfriend continued to act concerned and texted me frequently. David thought she was in Wilmington -- and in fact she claimed to be -- but her texts each used two of my text credits, which is how it works for texts from foreign countries.

4. One long-time resident who is called "Whitey" was seen (by me) dividing white powder up into small plastic bags in the mens room at The King's Breakfast, Oct. 1, 2011, and the drivers for the free Sunday breakfast held weekly here in town at a church joke about "The EVIL Shepherd" as they call it and try to avoid picking up people there because they are so argumentative.

5. I do not believe the fine volunteers from First Baptist Church, especially, are at all involved in the crimes of The Good Shepherd Center -- but those who direct funds to the Center from other organizations might be, including Ernie Thompson from my own First Presbyterian Church. I have been warning Ernie of what goes on there for MONTHS now and asked him to do some kind of investigation, but he has refused to consider it. He is a close friend of District Attorney Ben David, and anyone who knows anything in Wilmington knows that Ben David protects the cocaine and heroin traffic in Wilmington -- in fact, TV-3 aired their anchor interviewing me about that nearly three weeks ago. WRAL in Raleigh got a lot of info from me on it as well.

6. I do NOT believe the local members of your board are tainted by your organization's support of organized crime -- including narco-trafficking which destroys ALL our children's futures -- to say nothing of so many marriages. It also CORRUPTS POLITICS!!! They trusted your BRAND, which you are either abusing or is sullied everywhere it is used. I wouldn't pretend to know the answer to this.

>>> So, Sir, just how much money do you collect from those meters and how do you use it to enhance the health of Wilmington, NC???

My blog: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/ .

Scott David Kenan
Jackie Kennedy Onassis's Avenging Angel
.

No comments: