Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Tell You What . . .


Master and student, arriving at the 1981 Kennedy Center Honors dinner (after surviving a cab ride with Edward Albee) -- details in my book, available in Kindle edition (paper coming soon) from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/WALKING-GLASS-TENNESSEE-WILLIAMS-ebook/dp/B0053480S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323271756&sr=8-1 .

>>> I ASSURE YOU: When this picture was taken, although I KNEW I would one day write the story of my association with Tennessee Williams, I had NO IDEA that:

1. I would ever be homeless, and NO ONE (for months now) except an anonymous man in New York City would send me a PENNY, although I DID get my parents to spring for new eye glasses recently (after I worked on them for a YEAR), and they and my sister Jane have given OVER SEVERAL MONTHS a TOTAL of about $150.00. This despite everyone's cabinets overflowing with mega-sized Costco treats. AND one of my sister's protests to me was that she'd read in my blog I had occasionally given other homeless people cigarettes and small moneys -- which she considered a waste of her hard-earned money.

I knew she would not hear me if I explained that A.: Homeless people help each other back and forth and it usually zero-balances over a week or two. B.: ESPECIALLY when you have nearly nothing, there is NO GREATER JOY IN LIFE than giving someone something needed and MAKING THEIR DAY!!!

2. That after I got to the point (working for Pentagon Publishing, Inc. http://www.pentagon-usa.com/ for 18 years) that I was selling (commission only) ad space in service academy, war college, and maritime academy yearbooks and alumni journals to the point that I had nearly paid off my two-story house in Georgia, collected a lot of art that although mostly not worth high-dollar, was enormously emotionally valuable to me, built an $8,000.00 home theater for watching GOOD movies, had furnished and decorated my house and updated the kitchen, and landscaped and re-landscaped the yard to a near-jungled frazzle ------ I lost it all, even -- perhaps ESPECIALLY -- my immediate family.

I had even bought my first couple of $400.00 shirts (at half price -- Kenans are CHEAP. LOL!!!) Ironically, it is ONLY most of the clothes (including those shirts -- one of which I wore to First Prez last Sunday), the heavy gauge high-end audio/video CABLING, and a couple of works of art (hidden still in Georgia).

3. In January of 2010, Alyson Books cancelled my contract. WALKING ON GLASS had been scheduled to be published in April of that year in hardcover. It was to be the featured release of 30 by Alyson Books. (Alyson, having been secretly bought by Republicans, failed to publish ANY of the 30 books that spring.)

4. Also in early January of 2010, Patrick Stansbury of Pentagon Publishing, Inc. trumped up a reason to fire me when he realized I remembered all the fat envelopes stuffed with cash passed between him and GA Republican Congressman John Linder over the years -- especially from the mid-90s when we all met at Blue Ribbon Grill in Tucker, GA for lunch and Congressman Linder was frequently there.

I also knew that a shipment of drugs from the son of the general who ran the US Air War College at Maxwell Air Force Base which had been shipped UPS to Patrick had gone missing in the late 1990s (we DID have a legitimate contract with the Air War College as well). Only later did I learn that this was the teeniest tip of the proverbial iceberg. Later, dozens of marines swore to me that they had been ordered to guard US Air Force planes in foreign countries as they were loaded to the gills with illegal drugs to be shipped to the US.

And then later, I learned that Lee Gosney (a co-sales-person at Pentagon Publishing Inc., who was a good friend of my father's when Dad lived with me for half a year in Georgia (1990) when I first started working with Patrick Stansbury, and became certified as an alcohol and drug counsellor -- although he drank quite a lot of alcohol at Pentagon Publishing functions without EVER losing control or being obnoxious) had been travelling the country as a speaker at AA and NA conferences -- but it was only cover as he was actually the TOP go between for connecting Government and Mafia drug runners.

MANY people associated with the illegal drug trade in Wilmington, NC tell me they KNOW Lee Gosney and his drug business -- he's probably District Attorneys Ben and Jon David's best friend!!!

5. I'm getting tired of writing to an audience that shrinks in horror at the truth about Wilmington, NC, the District Attorney, Judge Criner, and others -- AND DOESN'T EVEN CARE TO INVESTIGATE IT. I've had all my wealth stolen, been beat up three times (in Mexico), poisoned in the US and Mexico a total of four times -- once within a hair's breath of success -- held captive in a crack house in Puerto Vallarta for a month, had my good friend and to-be business partner Evan Fish FORCED to jump to his death from the parking deck by the library in Wilmington because of what he knew about Ben David's operation, etc., etc., ETC.!!!!!

But the saddest part to me is to see the three top ministers of First Presbyterian Church ignore my warning NOT ONLY of Ben, but of the drug-trafficking, MAJOR embezzlement which caused a couple of Wilmington churches to ALREADY withdraw their financial support, and SLAVERY of undocumented foreigners (including my once-roommate from Guatemala, David Escalante who has since fled to Charlotte) at The Good Shepherd Center.

After Tim banned me permanently and called the cops on me -- and even the POLICE could not get a reason from Tim why he had done it -- a post "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE" with my name and face was posted there -- at least that is what three residents claimed in their separate emails to me.

>>>NOW: Because in 1898 my distant relative William R. Kenan SENIOR is said to have been the biggest force (with the help of the then-pastor of First Presbyterian -- and let me ALSO say that historical accounts of this are CONFLICTING and CONFUSING, so I might not be exactly on the money), behind the 1898 Wilmington Race Riot that was the ONLY incident in which a municipal government in the United States was overturned by violence.

It is also what caused Wilmington to go from being a Mecca for educated middle-class blacks (who in a TWO-THIRDS majority over whites mostly held the high offices and owned many of the more successful businesses), to majority WHITE-- after much killing, black heads impaled on stakes which gave the point separating the Cape Fear River branches on the north side of town the name Niger Head Point for some years, black businesses CONFISCATED WITHOUT REMUNERATION, etc.

 >>> BUT PERHAPS EVEN WORSE: This incident INSPIRED the passing of Jim Crow laws across the South and the disenfranchisement of the Black vote -- which the Republican Party today, seeks to go back to after the gains of the 1960s and 70s.

I just could not let First Presbyterian be party to such a heinous act again. I do not know if the top ministers have been deliberate in their support of Ben David and his ilk, or if it is so big they really had no choice in the matter of their IN-actions. Spouses and children can be threatened and then what do you do???

Being single, I felt I could take charge -- and I don't regret that I have.

Let the Law now sort things out. I HOPE that I will not have to push any harder.

Thank you,
Scott D. Kenan

PS: William R. Kenan SENIOR's children and their heirs have done some of the best work for ALL in this state, nation, and even the world in general. I SALUTE AND THANK THEM!!!

.

No comments: