Thursday, December 8, 2011

MORE Good News for Presbyterians!!!


Today, walking around a frigid and deserted downtown Wilmington, I feel like the scene in the movie EVITA after Ms. Peron has successfully rid the country club of the English. LOL!!!

>>> INCIDENTALLY: While I was working for Tennessee Williams, his favorite song was "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" (as sung by Patti LuPone). See Patti's standing-ovation performance of it at the 1980 Grammy Awards here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTIUgSokf0 .

I might as well get right to the GOOD NEWS for Presbyterians:

Today, I had intended to STOP broadcast emailing blog posts -- or at least narrow the recipients down and no longer include the latest additions at First Presbyterian, but I received the following email from a classmate in Discovery Class at First Prez:


Good Morning Scott - I don't know how you got this Email address for me but it is my work Email - Please don't use it - I have notified my boss that you were not aware of this and have asked our IT person to block any other Email that may slip through - Thanks for your understanding  .....  Xxxx(Sunday School Class)
I think this is indicative of the polite and respectful communication that is the hallmark of all whom I've met at First Prez. I believe it is from the woman who is in choir and rarely is able to actually participate in class because of pre-worship choir practice.

What is also interesting to me is that 1.: She (rightly) does not want emails sent to her workplace, but it is ironic, as I got her this-address from other inter-class email that went to her at this address. 2.: She is intelligent and practical enough to know it is best to block me as I have not figured out how to take any addresses out of Gmail's contact list, and sometimes I add addresses without remembering who has asked me not to send them email. 3.: I wonder what kind of company IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT EMAIL CONTENT THAT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY AFFECT OR CONCERN THE COMPANY that she felt she must basically "apologize" to her boss, as well as take the practical step. Might she be fired for receiving email with "anti-drug" or "anti-Republican-Party" (or "Democrat" Ben David) content??? Why on earth was she SO CONCERNED??? 4. Has she also communicated this preference (and apologized/blocked) to "Lace-Maker" of our class???

>>> ADDED AT 3:40 PM: A "little birdie" whispered in my ear that I should take a look at Xxxx's actual email address that I had used. I discovered that IT IS A COMMON GMAIL ADDRESS (xxxxxxx"at"gmail.com). No self-respecting company has company email addresses "at" gmail, hotmail, ec.rr, verizon, yahoo, or other similar "dot com". They almost without exception register and use their own domain. I do not want to call Xxxx a FRAUD, so let's just say that the bats have apparently flown the belfry. (This metaphor is mixed -- or something.)
Well, this seems to be part of behavior I'd call "High Whiteness." That is neither a compliment nor an insult, but a description of behavior seen mostly in those of northern European lineage. It reminds me of white sugar that is delightfully sweet, yet so refined that all nutrition has been removed -- in fact, one's body is ROBBED of nutrients in order to properly digest it.
Sometimes white sugar is the only thing that fits the bill. I LOVE it in pastries, REAL Coca Cola (that now must be imported from Mexico or Europe where corn sweeteners are banned). Just don't want to do too much of it.
Anyway, whether there is any clarity in my above comments or not, I'm moving on, and barring any additional provocation, will in future let First Prez congregants visit my blog on their own volition -- should they have any.

>>> Two EXCELLENT bumper stickers seen today:

Wireless Technology Since 1455
OLD BOOKS ON FRONT STREET

MAY ENGLAND LIVE FOREVER!!!
and Scotland a wee bit longer . . .

>>> AND FINALLY:

This morning I added a comment (the fourth comment) to Tuesday's blog post "CONFESSION!!! etc." which I think is self-explanatory (the original posting with comments is here: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/12/confession-etc.html ):


Scott Kenan said... December 8, 2011 6:46 AM



. . . and silly me!!! JP writes (correctly) that 1st offence Stalking gets jail time.

Because after I had spent 2 1/2 weeks in jail and it came time for a hearing, Ms. Berry was "out of town indefinitely" which DELAYED the hearing indefinitely and I did NOT have the $150.00 to post bond AND my OWN FAMILY STEADFASTLY REFUSED TO PAY IT, I would have been stuck in jail until Ms. Berry got her indefinite ass back to Wilmington so we could have the hearing.

To spring myself before Kingdom Come, I pleaded GUILTY, got TIME SERVED and non-reporting probation for a year. But since I was INNOCENT, I IMMEDIATELY filed an appeal to clear the charge from my name.

This is all the TAXPAYERS (because of Ben David's psychotic insistance on convicting me by compelling perjury and other crimes from his drug-addled friends) will be getting for their money IF BEN IS SUCCESSFUL -- and that's a very BIG if.

I've already done the jail time. I can handle non-reporting probation -- if I must!!!

 .

No comments: