Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Two Birds. One Stone.


 . . . or churches. LOL!!!

>>> TITLE ON EMAIL:    Re: spit-take . . .

From: Scott Kenan
3:11 PM (40 minutes ago)
To: Joseph


Hi Joseph -- and thank you for writing at such a convenient time!!! I'm mulling a decision I think I've made but am delaying a bit in taking action to be certain I am doing the right thing.

But first: I had to look up "spit-take" to see what it meant. LOL!!! And you are right.

You are also right that I am 86d from Marrakesh (LOL again) -- and it's not even opened. Maybe it won't . . .

But my decision is that I am completely disassociating myself from First Presbyterian Church -- and taking my 25% of WOG rights with me. When I gave them, Ernie said a contract would not be necessary (I had offered to have one drawn up). I know they won't sue me -- even after I become wealthy. I STILL will give Sister Isaac's Tileson Outreach to the homeless -- the BEST services in town, hands down -- at St. Mary's Catholic Church her 10%. http://outreach.thestmaryparish.org/ . I'm tempted to raise it, but am NOT doing anything else quickly right now.

My distant relatives who endowed First Prez by giving the Chapel (with what are arguably some of the very best stained glass windows in the world) the organ and it's replacement (ditto on quality), the bell tower, steeple, and "six-foot Kenan cock" atop it (wake-up call rooster), Boney Hall, a piano or two, and much more, seem to have abandoned First Prez some years ago as well -- but maybe not. No one tells me.

Screw 'em and their well-disguised racist ways. Let them Deacon-ize Ben David. I simply don't give a rat's ass any more.

In fact, I care so little, I think I will send a copy of this missive to YOU as my way of letting them know. I don't have time to waste with them any more -- although there are plenty of people there I will miss -- and who are fine people.

The organization is corrupt and NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM RESPONDED A SINGLE TIME TO ANY OF MY EMAILS OF BLOG POSTS THE PAST SEVERAL WEEKS AND I SENT THEM TO AT LEAST 25 CHURCH MEMBERS EVERY DAY OVER THAT TIME.

That said, I know also that NO ONE in my Sunday School Class received any (at least until the very latest) except Lou -- but presumably not his wife, who is also in it, to her address. I will contact the dentist and see if he will continue to work with me. He knows some of my immediate relatives, and funny-to-me said while I was in his chair: "It's hard to imagine how a Kenan could have POSSIBLY become homeless." LOL!!! He knows my "poor" branch, not the rich ones.

Well, over and out for the moment. I'll decide what I'm doing and then SOMETHING about it will be posted on my blog.

Scott


On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Joseph wrote:

"Spit-take" is a term you might want for your blog. Lots of photos via google.

That Marrakesh joint ain't even open yet and already you're 86d.

Two jeans are better than one.


I don't know where this picture of a "spit-take" came from -- but I actually OWN a blanket IDENTICAL to the one pictured -- or at least I DID, until I defied my mother, Ruth Anne (Meyer) Kenan.


.

No comments: