Monday, January 2, 2012

One Big Table (I couldn't have said it better!!!)


The incomparable Molly O'Neill!!! We graduated high school together and both attended Denison University. She's written best-selling cookbooks, hosted the PBS TV series GREAT FOOD, and for years, was the New York Times' Food Columnist in their Sunday magazine. See what she's doing now here: http://onebigtable.com/ .

>>> BUT FIRST: An interesting thing I posted to my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1111771878#!/profile.php?id=1111771878 .

Scott Kenan recommends a link.


To ring in the New Year, CNN's Belief Blog asked experts in religion, faith leaders, and a secular humanist about how the forces of faith and faithlessness will shape the world in 2012. Here's what they told us: 1 . . .


    • Scott Kenan My comment that I posted on FACEBOOK HERE first ran (and I re-loaded the page to be sure of that), then WAS DELETED by Republican Party Devils working for Facebook. They need to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY. Just read the article and enjoy the humor and thoughtful (and thoughtful-ish) comments IN it. The ones posted by readers below it seem to entirely miss the point(s). Scott
      19 seconds ago ·
* * *

>>> THIS CRAP MAKES ME SO MAD I COULD SPIT!!! Not only did Facebook DELETE my comment AFTER allowing it to post, but I had so much trouble pasting this-that-I-DID paste into this blog above, I can only conclude that the same "DEVILS" inhabit Blogger and mess with my formatting and other functions in this blog.

THEY, TOO, NEED TO BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!

DAMN IT!!! 


>>>: And here is my reply to Molly after she wrote asking me to take one of her classes here: http://www.cooknscribble.com/ .

You, Gentle Reader, might be interested.

(in Molly's CLASSES -- click link just above -- as well as my reply to her below)

Hi Molly,

Funny that I should hear from you this morning when I was just thinking about the deep appreciation I have for Dear Ol' Denny-Doo!!! -- and perhaps sometimes Denny-Don 't.

Did you know that with all the nomadic-spurt movements I've had in my life that YOU are the person I've known longest and still have any contact with at all (albeit beyond sporadic)???

I'm a lucky boy!!!

And that could NOT be a greater understatement on many levels. Like me, you are probably too busy to be reading everybody else’s blogs and such, but in mine, I've chronicled my ABSOLUTE take-down of the TOP of the current Republican Party through destruction of the narco-trafficking jerks here in Wilmington, NC.

Unbelievable as it might sound (and who knew I had so many extraordinary connections -- CERTAINLY not ME!!!), I am now working with the US Attorney in Raleigh and other Justice Dept. officials to bring major charges against Two local District Attorneys, our NC State Senator, two District Court Judges, the head Pastor at First Presbyterian Church, which was HEAVILY endowed by my distant Kenan relatives soon after they inherited Henry Flagler's Standard Oil and Florida Development fortunes (and they didn't stop inheriting and creating fortunes there!!!).

They remain (likely -- in aggregate) the wealthiest family in America, but putting the money into self-owning Charitable Trusts that they control, but they therefore do not land on the "super-rich" lists. They also scrupulously hide their ownership of many companies -- I am convinced -- in order to live as much like "regular" people as possible. They drive their own cars and until a year or so ago, were listed in phone books with addresses.

>>> BTW: During a major Denison endowment fund-raising campaign about the year you graduated, the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust gave Denison their second largest contribution: +/- $2,000,000.00.

In any case, the man who heads the most of it now, Tom (Thomas S. Kenan III of Chapel Hill), and I shared a boyfriend (dated him at different times) in the mid-80s when, in MY case, BLUE VELVET was being filmed using Robbie's (and William R. Kenan Jr.-built) Carolina Apartments for exteriors.

And it was Tom who sent 60 MINUTES to get my story when I lived in Puerto Vallarta for half a year in exile. I stay in CONSTANT touch with them as they said they wanted to do "several" segments on my story when it becomes politically possible -- which, I now FIRMLY believe, will be soon (or soon-ish. LOL!!!).

The Kenan Family, although owning the largest block of Bank of America stock through the Trusts, is also the largest supporter of the OCCUPY movement(s), by advertising some of their PERSONALLY-OWNED companies on The Daily Kos and other websites that direct people to OCCUPY's local sites for ACTION.

You can read all this on my blog and more -- or wait for the book(s) I base on my blog material. I've already side-ways pitched Scott Rudin on the material, but for various reasons expect to find a producer who is younger and less "establishment" connected. See: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/12/letter-to-scott-rudins-personal.html .

In any case, I am currently still staying at a homeless shelter (the BEST experience possible for a writer!!!), but expect to be back apartmented soon. Once I have a kitchen, I'd like to enroll in at least one of your classes.

More importantly, perhaps, if you ever do TRAVELLING food classes, I'd REALLY like to go and I DO hope you will keep me first in mind should you ever desire scholarship money for those who qualify for and would benefit by your classes. I might be broke today, but that ain't a-gonna last!!!

I expect to be a gazzillionaire soon, and being a Kenan, will be genetically bound to give nearly all of it away.

All best to you and be SURE to keep me in the loop!!!

Scott
cell: 910-550-XXXX (doesn't always work and I don't always get my voicemails or texts -- so be sure to get me on the line).


* * *

>>> NOW:

Who says I'm not the BIGGEST, BAD-ASS, DEMON-SPAWN-OF-TENNESSEE-WILLIAMS, and AVENGING-ANGEL-OF-JACKIE-KENNEDY-ONASSIS (and Elizabeth Taylor, as well) ???

Let's see if that local pussy-shill of the Republicans, Radio-Yacker CURTIS WRIGHT has the BALLS to invite me onto his show . . .

Scott!

HA!!!

.

No comments: