Monday, June 11, 2012

Celebrating Sean Blackwell and BIPOLAR OR WAKING UP!!!


Sean Blackwell

>>> FROM SEAN'S LINKED-IN PROFILE:

My name is Sean Blackwell. I’m not a psychiatrist, psychologist or doctor of any kind. I’m not a minister, monk or guru. What I am is a messenger, and my message is this:…

Until now, society has treated "bipolar disorder" as a dangerous mental illness. However, for many people, it also has the potential of being a powerful opportunity. Handled fearfully and aggressively, it can severely limit the quality of your life. Supported courageously and compassionately, it can not only be healed, but can also help to facilitate your own spiritual development.

Now, you may think this message is completely new. In fact, it is not.

Psychiatrist Dr. Stanislav Grof, a founder of transpersonal psychology, has shared a similar message in books like The Stormy Search for the Self, and Spiritual Emergency. At their respective clinics, Dr. John Weir Perry and Dr. Loren Mosher took this approach, supporting people through episodes of first-break acute psychosis, achieving spectacular results, usually without the need for medication.

However, as heroic as these pioneering doctors have been, they’ve all missed one very important thing – marketing!

For the most part, they have concentrated on educating other doctors and therapist regarding their work, and rightfully so. But, up against the multi-billion dollar propaganda machine of Big Pharma, their message has not come close to reaching the mainstream. That’s where I come in.

You see, before moving to São Paulo, Brazil in 2002, I´d worked in the advertising business for about a decade. Since 2007, when I discovered that most people diagnosed with bipolar disorder were having experiences not so different from my own spiritual awakening a decade earlier, I’ve made it my mission to get the word out about this very important, yet highly controversial topic.

So, while it’s true that I may be just a messenger, I am a messenger on a mission – and slowly but surely, that message is being delivered.

Sean Blackwell


THE VIDEOS -- OVER A MILLION VIEWS -- SO FAR!!!: http://www.youtube.com/user/bipolarorwakingup  



Me, Ligia Splendora, and Sean Blackwell (her husband) in Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 2009.

.

No comments: