Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In the HOME STRETCH, Now (an email to John Lahr)!!!

 
For some reason, trying to think of an image to use this morning, I could only think of the phrase "victory at sea" .
 
 
 
 
 
>>> THE PREFACE:


While any continuing conversation will be strictly private (except as John Lahr and I might FIRST agree should be public), I have called and spoken with someone at Georges Borchardt literary agency in New York, and she will forward my words to Mr. Lahr. I must tell you that she is a MOST delightful person -- and I IMMEDIATELY told her the truth, which is that I have NO PROBLEM with what Borchardt has done in the management of Tennessee Williams' rights for almost everything OTHER THAN stage performance.


THOSE rights are managed by Tom Ehrhardt of Casarotto Agency in London -- and I BELIEVE Tom Ehrhardt was one of the people who actually spoke at Tennessee Williams' "installation" in the Poets' Corner of Cathedral John the Divine in New York City, late 2009. There, he and the others closely involved in the rights HID or FLED from me when I attempted to speak with them at the Ceremony or Bishop's Reception afterward. Others who would NOT speak with me were the entire group from the Provincetown Tennessee Williams Theater Festival (or similar). I mentioned to several of them that I had worked for Tennessee, and without exception, they IMMEDIATELY said "that's nice," or similar, and then SCURRIED AWAY!!!


This was NOT true of Gregory Mosher. It was also not true of Annette Saddik -- a FUN party-gal indeed -- and I have no comment on her part in the Sewanee "lies and deceits" that I accuse many of, due to a lack of information.


I will post the email below after I have composed and sent it.


Scott


In the meantime, another situation is on my mind -- best illustrated by this graphic:





 
* * *


>>> MY EMAIL TO JOHN LAHR:


Finally at 3:31 PN CDT after Windows claims this letter ALREADY emailed to John Lahr was EDITED by SOMEONE else while my computer wash SHUT DOWN. I had to travel to finally get back on the Internets and will post -- then proof for those changes IF THEY ACTUALLY EXIST!!!:


>>> Anything in red below was CHANGED ON MY COMPUTER in the Word.doc rather than email that I copied into here:



Hi John,

It’s been about four or five years since we’ve been in direct contact, but I have kept your character firmly in mind when times have been tough – and also seen things that I’ve interpreted to mean you have at least occasionally followed my adventures as chronicled in my blog: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com.

Suffice it to say that I have been spun 180 degrees in my understanding of the world around me – and especially of the history of both my near and far family, learning truly extraordinary things. Additionally, my life completely exploded, causing me to become homeless in both Mexico and Wilmington, NC, jailed five times on eight false charges (and NO record in the jail’s online database of ANY of these incarcerations). 

I’ve been beaten up about eight times now, knives pulled on me – but no guns! And I’ve survived five actual poisonings – the worst by Amy Fortenberry who claimed to be the Head of Wal-Mart’s twenty-person team of lawyers who concoct harassing lawsuits to SHUT UP anyone criticizing their company. She never sued me – but the “Chicago Drug Mafia” and Wells Fargo Advisors/Bank ARE suing me, the harassment aspect of that proved by the fact they NEVER SERVED IT LEGALLY, yet with the cooperation of the Clerk of Courts for Cook County and Judge Kirby, they have continued it several times DESPITE my having fulfilled what they claimed they sued me for. 

I certainly hope that Sewanee, the Republican Party, CIA, and Episcopal Church (USA only – and in its Highest Bishops), have not bothered you as much. 

My purpose, today, is to offer you anything I know that might be helpful to you in your book, currently titled MAD PIGRIMAGE OF THE FLESH, a title which works on many levels. While you DO have what I believe was from my MIDDLE drafts of WALKING ON GLASS: A MEMOIR OF THE LATER DAYS OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS, if you would like the completed work, let me know and I’ll attach a copy to email. Changes are mostly inserted new memories as well as new emphases on some things and their importance. 

Most of what might be helpful to you about what happened back then and since is in my blog. And one thing I’ve long-ago posted there that might need IMMEDIATE CLARITY is that John Uecker told me in person in late 2009, that he and Thomas Keith had travelled together by train to the 2009 Provincetown TW Fest, and had discussed that Thomas could EASILY control YOUR perspective on Mr. Williams (for this book), by threatening you with the possibility of disclosing what I’ll simply call “sexual indiscretions” – probably lies in any case, but PERFECTLY indicative of the strategies of the Episcopal Church and Sewanee.
 
I would be happy to answer any and all questions you have – as well as be precise in where I got certain information or why I have concluded certain things. We could speak on phone or use email – although after John Blades, Executive Director of the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, proved to me in early 2010 that the content of my emails to him were being changed EN ROUTE, that can be tricky.

I have very recently discovered how to contact two very important people: 1. Victor Campbell, Tennessee’s one-time lover and assistant of some years (REDACTED), as well as Tony Narducci, (REDACTED), the guy whom Tennessee Williams told me all about: how he thought Tony was as “true a love” for him as had Frank Merlo been – he specifically said that he could NOT REFUSE TO pursue the FIRST REAL LOVE since Frank, and apologized that I would not be able to travel with them. I declined the offer to just sit around Key West and manage his home.


Tom and I had an anguished conversation or two about all of this – but I can tell you that when Tennessee Williams thought or spoke of Tony Narducci, he lit up as pure and innocent as a “Milk-Maid in May”.


I am still waiting to receive Tony’s new memoir of working for Tom, but a friend has read me a few passages that were all COMPLETELY TRUE, so I expect his book is accurate. I have NOT YET personally contacted either Victor or Tony, but will do so shortly, the three of us being the only surviving assistants to Mr. Williams that I know of. I DISCOUNT Dr. Larry Wright’s claims, which have NO specificity to them.


Because hackers have AGAIN disrupted my ability to connect on the internet, I might remember Tony’s email address incorrectly, but he can also be contacted via his book’s, IN THE FRIGHTENED HEART OF ME, website which has a secure email form.


The bottom line here is that I really don’t care at all about getting a bit of credit for anything. If it is “politically problematic” to use me as a source (or credit me for a photo or two of mine which might ALSO interest you – especially a great close head-shot of Jane Smith), I need not be credited. My entire purpose is to get the TRUTH out about Tennessee Williams, and to that end I am entirely at your service.


Scott Kenan

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Dial from any US phone: +001-52-1 (322) XXX-XXXX, cell. Please know that MANY report in both the USA and Mexico that they get a message that my number does not exist – or cannot connect. It is usually easier for me to make the first call, then fewer further troubles.



.

No comments: