Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tomorrow, I Begin Contacting Mercy House's SPONSORS!!!


No, Rev. James Pollard of Bethesday Life Christian Church does NOT look like this. He's black (but he DOES bear a resemblance). And Rev. C.E. Shavers doesn't either -- he's fat (I'm told). It's the metalic heart-on-a-chain on this "Crack Pimp Jesus" image that all three share.

>>> THE BASIC FACTS:

1. I arrived at Mercy House Shelter at 5:55 PM this aftenoon, but had NOT dropped off my computer at U-Haul as I was running late and since Rev. James Pollard (the minister in charge) is only there for 15 minutes starting at 6:00 PM on Wednesdays ONLY, I had not wanted to risk missing him.

2. My only concern had been that he'd read all I'd written on my blog. Back in early October of 2011, he had been upset with some things I'd written about what I had eyewitnessed (drug dealing by James Sharpe, the night captain Myron accepting a hundred dollar bill which he'd quickly pocketed about an hour and a half before asking for rent (and while entering the front door) -- which is ALWAYS handled very professionally by ALL night captains with IMMEDIATE and carefully written Reciepts given. The times people have tried to pay rent NOT when the captain specifially calls for it, they ALWAYS REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT UNTIL THEY SPECIFICALLY CALL FOR IT. and that's a GOOD thing.

At the time I had written about these things, I was scared and wrote them as if someone had told them. It is time to let my Readers know that I saw these things and am prepared to testify about them IN A COURT OF LAW, should things come to that.

3. Back to simplicity: It was clear that Rev. Pollard had NOT read my blog RECENTLY, because several times tonight, he complimented me on how professional I had been to remove what he had considered in October to be "objectionable material," and that we had "gotten successfully past all of that." (He had back then made me PROMISE I would not blog about Mercy House ever again, and that is why I have sometimes called it simply "the shelter" or "the place where I live.") Frankly, I have felt a little guilty (especially since I had thought that nearly ALL the major drug dealers had been cleared out of the shelter. So much for MY ability to think. HA!!!)

4. In any case, after the door was opened, I lined up with the others waiting to check in, and by the mood of the crowd and the easy banter I had with all the residents I ran into (except the guy from the shower, whom I simply avoided), I was quite relaxed and glad to be back home with friends.

5. When I got to the head of the line, I explained to Rev. Pollard that I had not yet dropped my computer at U-Haul (and had an hour's time to do that before they closed). He said that he'd speak to me after he processed the line of people, so I stood on the side waiting. About five minutes later, more people kept arriving and the line was not shortening. He looked over at me and said I should go ahead and drop my computer over at U-Haul -- then come back to check in.

6. Relieved that I was definitely "in" (barring any head-butting when we talked -- which I knew I could control and he could as well), I told the people at U-Haul that all had been worked out except the details, de-computered my pack, and returned. Soon the line was finished, and he welcomed me into the office with a smile, and closed the door.

>>> I'm  too tired to do this now -- it's been a long day. I'll continue with a new posting in the morning.

Thanks,
Scott

.

No comments: