Sunday, April 15, 2012

REALLY??? (reality???)





Me in high school when I was called the JOLLY GREEN GIANT -- or THE HULK (I can't remember which -- it was so long ago!!!)

>>> EMAIL TO/FROM WHO KNOWS WHO:


It feels like I've been farting around for at least five days, trying to make some sense of a number of things surrounding the character Mac in IN MASKS OUTRAGEOUS AND AUSTERE. The only good news -- for sure -- is that I DID at least figure out ONE thing ABSOLUTELY FOR CERTAIN: that I was in ERROR when I wrote cast member Jermaine Miles: My maternal grandfather, Henry John Meyer, did NOT teach school in Jermaine Mile's hometown if Evansville, IN, but rather in CONNORSVILLE -- much closer to Brookville -- but his 1955 USED aqua Chevy Bel-Air (and the air in it was ALWAYS redolent of cigar smoke) was badged indicating a dealer in Evansville sold it when it was new.

At least I got THAT straight -- and speaking of sexuality, last night I sent out "friend requests" to every MASKS cast member I could find on Facebook, and found myself head-over-heels in lust with nearly all the males (at least half of whom are out and gay). Naturally, I was particularly smitten with a straight one, Mr. Christopher Halladay, who not only hails from West Chester, PA where we moved from Louisville, KY almost immediately before President Kennedy was shot (my parents having been involved with the Binghams in KY as well as a Vice President of Pepsi Cola doing some of their early Nazi plotting), I attended Sts. Philip & James in 7th and 8th grade, North Jr. High, then Henderson High, where I was MERCIFULLY cut from the basketball team by the head coach who BRILLIANTLY led the Henderson Warriors to many a state championship!!! My senior year we moved to Columbus, OH, where I ONCE AGAIN felt I had to play. THERE, the team had been "disgraced" the previous season when the coach entered the shower room and found the ENTIRE TEAM having SEX with each other. LOL!!!

Well, I was too shy to accept the many advances by teammates back then, and although the team was not noted for its victories on the court, the coach is actually the person who recognized the PERFECT suitability of me for Denison University, got them to solicit me as a student -- and I went!!! I'm eternally grateful to that man whose name I can't remember.

And in (near -- not far from the confluences of Ship and Boot Roads) West Chester, we lived on Dunsinane Drive in a development called Birnam Place -- and IMMEDIATELY behind our house was a wooded ravine through which ran a once-a-day 5-mile-an-hour, maybe six-car-max freight train. Beyond IT was Birnam Wood development. In my blog post http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/05/birnam-wood-done-come-to-dunsinane.html I developed this Shakespearean theme.

BUT DIG THIS!!!: Christopher Halladay has a HOT, HOT photo on his website showing he played in A MID-SUMMER'S NIGHT DREAM, one of the only TWO stage productions I've acted on stage in (not HIS production, but one by Cape May, NJ community theater in about 1975 while Chuck, Hilary, and I were founding www.whalestalecapemay.com , which they still own after I sold out to them in 1978).

I played Francis Flute. NO TELLING what Mr. Halladay played, but look at his photo:

I TRIED to follow the link to its production, but Norton IMMEDIATELY allerted me to the site's giving me seven viruses and four Trojan Horses, so I backed away and am running a DEEP scan that is slowing my computer (which continues to run without problems), and has found 42 threats so far. I sure hope that was a REAL production -- not just a trap to spread Mal-ware. LOL!!!

In any case, feeling it is inappropriate to nurture lust of straight boys, I changed my focus to the even HOTTER Kaolin Bass, who -- PRAISE JESUS!!! -- is an out gay:


He even bears a STRONG resemblance to my fave actor-fantasy, Mr. Ron Livingston (whom I first became aware of in Band of Brothers):  


Ron Livingston in BAND OF BROTHERS

And THAT led me on a quest of discovery to find that Ron is GAY AS A GOOSE, but successfully sued to stop true rumors about his homosexuality as MOST amusingly reported on a "Christian" website -- the ONLY place I could find a shirtless pic of that hottie that is MOST amusing and fueled my LUST further in revealing not only his nicely-haired chest and pheromone-spraying pits, but that he was APPARENTLY getting a BJ from the arresting Police!!!

YES!!! -- I would GLADLY submit to THIS sort of treatment by local District Attorney Ben David -- known to have sex with MANY guys I've spoken with (usually after snorting cocaine) -- if we could also reverse roles!!!:


Ron Livingston, victim of "Police Brutalities" WOOF!!!

Here's the "Christian" website -- clearly set up to satisfy the prurient interests of closet gays whilst pretending to condemn what it furthers: http://christwire.org/2009/12/if-hollywood-is-okay-with-gay-then-why-are-actors-like-ron-livingston-so-afraid-of-coming-out-of-the-closet/ .

WHEW!!!

As you might imagine, I was TOTALLY distracted from my original intention, which was to work up an email to all the cast of MASKS to ASSURE them that I am there with them (silently, but in spirit), as the looming Mac looms about wordlessly in the background of much of it.

You see, when Tennessee Williams received his packet from ICM every other week, he was, each time, moved to tears by fan mail from black folk who had never seen his picture and assumed he was black. This was the SPIRITUAL REWARD he LIVED FOR. He spoke of it frequently -- but NEVER ONCE mentioned any of the many other awards he'd received. If the character actually IS based on me, my Africanization is the HIGHEST compliment he could have paid!!!

And if Mac grunts about like Frankenstein, I find that FABULOUS. If that is surprising to anyone, consider the heart of Ms. Shelley's "monster" (as well as his size -- LOL!!!).

The only thing I find truly mysterious about all this is that John Uecker had told me many a time that he had written the character Mac OUT of his Sewanee-authorized version of the play because as originally written, Mac "caused too much chaos and made the play completely incomprehensible."

This simply makes no logical sense to me -- given the little I've been allowed to know about the play and this production of it. I must assume John Uecker KNEW I KNEW he murdered Tennessee by suffocation with a pillow, and I can also testify in a Court of Law against the Sewanee/John Eastman/ Maria St. Just/Episcopal Church conspirators, strip Sewanee of their UTTER mismanagement of the rights and proceeds from Tennessee's estate -- and return them to Harvard University (as I'm already WELL INTO the process of doing).

Which brings me to the realization that although I am more than well aware of what must have happened behind the scenes to finally bring this work to the stage, those that DID so SUCCEEDED -- PRAISE JESUS!!!

And whatever you, I, or anyone else might not like about some aspects of that, THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING IT BECAUSE THEY LOVE TENNESSEE WILLIAMS AND HIS WORK!!! !!! !!!

Therefore, I salute each and every one of them who have been involved in the THEATER-ACTIVE aspects of this event, yet simultaneously must purge myself now in the bathroom as I remember that when I first (in 2004 at the Tennessee Williams New Orleans Literary Festival), met the MOST CORRUPTED and LIES-SPREADING and SCHOLARS-TERRORIZING of the Sewanee shills, Thomas Keith, I emailed a friend that Thomas was so HOT he dripped testosterone everywhere he walked. HA!!!

Boy did I learn different -- that was only the drugs Thomas admitted to me years later he was addicted to and gave freely to people to help them see the Sewanee POV (Paul Willis, Executive Director of the New Orleans Williams Festival being his TOP recipient of drugs!!! -- and they SHARED A ROOM AS WELL, having sex).

Well, if Thomas is as hung as his nose, ears, etc., suggest, I just might have to "do" him some day for the HELL of it -- but in the meantime, please pardon ME, as I go to the bathroom to honor the URGE TO PURGE!!!

Scott



On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM, WHO KNOWS WHO wrote:



Burly Mac and his Interpreter (played by a Little Person, not shown in the cast photo) walk on, slowly and in step, in Act II. They confront Babe and husband Billy. Mac's actions consist of several threatening steps forward accompanied by amplified wordless outbursts of annoyance such as the Frankenstein monster was known to emit. The Interpreter says Mac is displeased by some racial overtones of Babe. She soon grabs a revolver out of her bag and fires ten warning shots, dispersing the three guys. 

Later, for the portion of the audience that can notice it, Mac is seen behind a rear glass panel with a choke hold on retarded Playboy.
(It's all part of the SO WHAT? elements in the play.)

Maria St. Just: GreedBot
.

No comments: