Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BREAKING!!!: Windham Hotels/SUPER 8 Charged Me A THIRD Time Tonight. TOTAL for one night: $407.06 (for one $52.42 room)!!!


>>> 10:42 PM: JUST POSTED ON NC STATE SENATOR THOM GOOLSBY'S (Republican) FACEBOOK PAGE:


Sen. Goolsby: You are on the Banking Committee right? I need to speak to you about an OUTRAGE that just happened to me here in Wilmington. I will try to call your office tomorrow for an appointment. See it on my blog below. Thanks, Scott Kenan http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2012/03/breaking-windham-hotelssuper-8-charged.html



* * *


>>> 11:01 PM: AND NOW I'VE POSTED THIS ON NC US SENATOR KAY HAGAN'S (Democrat) FACEBOOK PAGE AS WELL:

Sen Hagan: I emailed you securely 10 days ago about District Attorney Ben David's control and protection of Heroin and Cocaine trafficking in Wilington. NOW see what has happened. My blog gets upward of 2,000 hits per day!!! I email ALL blogposts to over 800 people as well in the Press, Law Enforcement, and Tennessee Williams fans (I worked for him and it was then that Jackie Onassis confided to TW and me secrets about her husband's murder). What happened today NEEDS to go to the US Senate BANKING COMMITTEE. Can you help me? I'll call your office. http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2012/03/breaking-windham-hotelssuper-8-charged.html
· · a few seconds ago


* * *

Tonight, I have been hit with YET ANOTHER $52.42 HOLD on the Fort Sills National Bank account, bringing the balance there to (52.42). Click graphics to make them larger.

FSNB:



Bank of America:



I know you didn't think I deserved COMPENSATION from SUPER 8/Windham, but let me explain it to you as simply as possible in a timeline so my points are easier to understand -- and I'll probably post this on the blog as well as send it to NC US Senators Kaye Hagan (Dem) -- who DID respond when I emailed her about the drug corruption of the NC Republican Party a couple of weeks ago, although I think she would prefer I keep her response private -- and Richard Burr (Rep), who did NOT respond AT ALL!!!

I believe one of them is on the Banking Committee in Congress. Also, I believe Sen. Thom Goolsby is on it in the NC State Senate, so am copying him here. The others I prefer to use their secure forms. And Senator Goolsby uses the Kenan Family controlled Bank of America Wilmington HQ two doors from his law Office, which is why I saw his office assistant there Monday making a deposit of campaign donations or whatever he carried, which I mentioned in my blog previously.

I actually plan to write Sen. Burr first this time because when I last wrote him, I simply added a personal note at the top of my email to Sen. Hagan, and could WELL have damaged his ego. I'd sure hate to do THAT again!!! Maybe THIS time he TOO will reply!!!

1. Because the hotel got instructions from corporate that with business picking up so much -- and so much earlier than had been expected -- the weekly rate was raised the 1st of March ONE MONTH EARLIER THAN PLANNED (according to the manager). THEN, this week they decided they could NOT honor ANY weekly rates because weekend rates were going to float to get the highest rates possible since the hotel had to turn people away last weekend. This is GOOD BUSINESS and anyone can understand their desire to maximize profits.

>>> Also: GO WILMINGTON FOR THE PICK-UP IN THE LOCAL ECONOMY!!! President Obama's and the Democrats' policies are gradually and FINALLY making a difference!!!

2. So the weekly rate (which they would allow me to purchase ahead for any and all days MO - TH) is $52.42 including the tax. Since all is no longer clear concerning charges and they anticipated a weekend night rate of up to $89.00 PLUS taxes, I thought we needed to consider a move, so Monday purchased only ONE night on my Bank of America debit card.

3. Because the long-time manager (female of the married co-managers) IGNORED long-standing credit/debit card policy, which her husband chided her in front of me DEMEANINGLY -- as if she were a naughty child -- and also made clear that she HAD KNOWN and PRACTICED this policy for QUITE SOME TIME -- that to change cards which she and I discussed was EXACTLY what was being done before she swiped it, one must FIRST remove the old card from the system files and THEN swipe the new -- their computer IGNORED the new card and charged the OLD card (unbeknownst to me).

4. A day later, the charge STILL had not shown up on my Bank of America account, so even though I had closed the FSNB account (actually soon AFTER the BoA card was used to pay Monday -- without checking my balance first, or looking over the debits on the account -- IN THE AMERICA I REMEMBER, you don't have to do this!!!), I found I could still access it online and there were TWO $52.42 charges from Monday -- one of them a HOLD that I knew FSNB would release after 72 hours. I talked to the hotel managers and although suspicious, I allowed them the benefit of the doubt that it had been an "honest mistake" and made nice.

5. Because I had ALREADY wasted a few hours trying to figure it out and WAITING for the managers to come in at 10:00 -- when I KNEW they were scheduled in at 9:00 AM, it was too late to think about changing hotels today, so I pulled out the BoA debit card, they REMOVED the FSNB card info from their computer in front of me (or CLAIMED they did -- you'll see why I write that in a minute), and charged my BoA debit card for tonight.

6. On checking the BoA account immediately thereafter, a charge of $52.42 showed up -- but ALSO a HOLD for $302.22, which is OUTRAGEOUS for a REAL charge 1/6 its size!!! CRIMINAL!!!

7. When I confronted them, they said it was the BANK that did it (as they have always claimed when the various and MANY irregularities here have occurred, previously with FSNB. I insisted they needed to stop lying to me and fix it via their corporate or WHATEVER it took, and an hour later they called my room and gave me more BS so i told them I would call SUPER 8 corporate headquarters. Thinking about it, I reported also some OTHER irregularities that go on around here REGULARLY (and the BIZARRE way they handled info about Evan Fish's death).

This I blogged with two updates in the most previous post from earlier today.

8. But NOW the MOST outrageous thing has happened. I had last checked bank accounts online at about 4:00 PM today and all was unchanged (so corporate had not made any progress yet). At 8:30 tonight, I checked again -- AND THERE IS A NEW $52.42 CHARGE (HOLD???) ON THE FSNB account which they SWORE they had removed all info about from the company's computer!!!

And I screen-captured it to prove it.

That is a TOTAL of $52.42 charge and $302.22 HOLD on BoA plus $52.42 charge/HOLD at FSNB posted TODAY for one night's stay costing $52.42.

GRAND TOTAL THEY CHARGED OR PUT ON HOLDS AT MY BANKS for ONE night at $52.42 is $407.06!!! And YOU don't think I deserve COMPENSATION??? They charged/HELD 7.77 TIMES what they had a LEGAL right to charge me -- and who KNOWS how long they will continue to do so AFTER I check out.

The way it's going, I might not have money to pay a week -- OR EVEN A DAY -- wherever I go next!!! They might bankrupt me by tomorrow at dawn!!!

I think I will only sent this out now, blog about it, email to 800+ and include Windham so they get the update right away. I REALLY don't think the corporate office is happy AT ALL about the games going on here in Wilmington and will make good with me. I certainly do not want to gouge them, but I DO think I'm owed something and will see an attorney soon enough if they don't make a decent offer within a day or two.

Scott

>>> UPDATE 3/21/12, 7:46 AM: No new charges or holds since last evening. And the THIRD $52.42 charge (the one charged yesterday AFTER 4:00 PM), was confirmed overnight and posted fully at FSNB, proving that the first TWO $52.42 tentative debits posted the day my Bank of America check card was swiped -- NOT MY FSNB CARD!!! -- were actually HOLDS. They will fall off tomorrow and I will then have access to that $104.84 that SUPER 8/Windham IMPROPERLY -- EVEN NOW AFTER MY VIGOROUS COMPLAINTS -- has TIED UP AT MY BANK, disallowing me to access MY OWN MONEY!!!

Bank of America shows no change overnight. The $52.42 charge for a room and the $303.22 OUTRAGEOUS HOLD REMAIN "tentative". If the pattern holds for SUPER 8 of first sending TWO HOLDS (of rational and/or irrational amounts), then the ACTUAL charge a day later, I expect I'll see ANOTHER $52.42 tentative charge sent to BoA sometime before midnight tonight -- and then before dawn confirmed, leaving the two tentative charges which are probably BOTH actually HOLDS, $52.42 + $303.22 = $355.64. And then THEY will fall off in a day or two -- BUT LEAVE ME UNABLE TO ACCESS MY OWN DANG $355.64 GOOD MONEY until it does.

Bottom line (best I can figure this morning): SUPER 8/Windham properly charges me a total of $104.84 for two nights while ALSO put holds on my accounts BEYOND that totalling $408.06, PREVENTING ME ACCESS to that money that was ALWAYS LEGALLY MINE!!!

>>> EMBARASSING -- to me --ADMISSION: On careful examination of my Bank of America online records, I now see that (unlike FSNB), BoA NEVER deducted those two holds from my available cash, so it ACTUALLY has always been available to me. I apologize for not having seen this sooner.

BUT:

This PROVES that BANK OF AMERICA -- owned primarily by the Kenan Family Charitable Trusts and our allies, the Sinatra Family (who now admit to putting President Kennedy in power) -- is BY FAR THE SUPERIOR BANK!!!

Scott

.
.

No comments: