Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today, To Do (Time is Our Most Precious Resource)!!!


Theater poster for the upcoming premier production of Tennessee Williams' last play was designed by Noah Scalin. The image seems perfect to me, and if you'd like to read about Mr. Scalin's creative process, you can go here: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/12/behind-the-poster-in-masks-outrageous-and-austere/ .


>>>: THAT'S WHY I write first, then do -- and usually less, having distilled what is important to do in the process of writing. Some news:

1. To clear up my tongue-in-cheek accusation made somewhere (although maybe not on this blog), that the producers of MASKS had been "Cyber-Stalking" me by keeping up with my blog before contacting me as if they knew little about me and the events of the last 2.5 years, I must disclose that yesterday, producer Victor Syrmis (which does NOT mean he will have a "sure miss", although the superstitious might want to think his surname is A SIGN FROM GOD -- I predict quite the opposite), disclosed that the images in the short video on the homepage (see: http://masksoutrageous.com/index.html) for the play production where "lent" by Columbia University -- none taken from my blog. One of me and Tennessee is also on my blog a few places, including just recently here: http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2012/03/truth-prevails.html .

That makes PERFECT sense since Gregory Mosher ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Mosher ), who now works at Columbia University is perhaps the most powerful and accomplished man in American Theater AND he was the ONLY person at Tennessee Williams' installation in the Poet's Corner in Cathedral John the Divine in late 2009 who approached ME (immediately, when I arrived) -- and I must add with the respect of a trusted ally and unspoken attitude of "They haven't won yet -- and we WILL fell them!!!".

I had also seen Gregory a couple of years before that at the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Lit. Fest., while I was still on Lithium and all but UTTERLY naive. Greg (as he was called in 1982 during the premier of A HOUSE NOT MEANT TO STAND, which he produced), was nervous, stand-offish, and continuously chewed gum. He knew that there he was amongst the Enemy, but I did not learn that until later.

So yes, I'll bet Gregory pulled the photo from my blog -- or at least tracked it down himself to its extraordinarily obscure source after seeing it on this blog.

2. I was sort of shocked to see how many people stopped me on the street yesterday to ask me about my court cases, political struggles, and even association with the play production in New York. It was MOST gratifying to see that if not ALL Wilmington is reading this blog -- on HELL of a lot of people ARE, and with the exception of one 18-year-old trained Nazi-monkey who accused me of "hating this country," "being a Communist," and an enemy of all things "Christian," ALL were full of encouragement, black folks especially!!!

3. Yesterday, I also ran into Sen. Goolsby's front Law Office assistant in line at Subway (where I also later met Judge Hockenberry on his lunch break), and -- after telling him I did NOT want to know his name, lest I again become "crazy" and post it on this blog -- something he did NOT deserve to have happen (since MOST of the men in Wilmington set off my gaydar and he should not be singled out -- plus I've seen him around town with his female squeeze, who seemed nice).

I told him about the difficulties I'd had with SUPER 8/Windham Hotels (they STILL have not gotten back to me as I write this), and that I'd collected EXCELLENT documentation including screen captures. I told him I hoped I'd not pissed off the Senator too much and would like to at least present my evidence to the NC State Senate Banking Committee (as well as the same in the US Senate). He kindly told me to contact Joseph Kyzer in Sen. Goolsby's Raleigh Legislative Office -- even giving me his phone number.

I'll do that as soon as I find the time, and expect that my detailed report will be sufficient to explain all and I need not actually testify in person.


4. And now due to the sudden chance arrival of a MOST amusing friend as well as a need to run some practical errands, I'm closing for now without getting to 5% of all the GOOD NEWS I could report!!!

Mega-CHEERS!!!

Scott


Jerry Hughes (Wilmington, NC's notorious "Nekkid Skateboarder"), and me goofing in my room a few minutes ago.

.

No comments: