Tuesday, October 26, 2021

RP: I Made It to WINDOWS 11 -- so, NOW What??? (but don't worry -- also MORE Stuff -- that is FUN!!!):

For WIDER GRAPHICShttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2021/10/i-made-it-to-windows-11-so-now-what.html





But, there is still THIS PROBLEM!!!:




FIRST, I must THANK MY READERS for making my last posting one of the TOP TEN of 2021, so far!!!




It was MUCH EASIER upgrading to Windows 11 -- than it was to first TRY to get my older Windows 10 computer running properly, and tested to see if IT was also ready for Windows 11 update. Miraculously, my non-working Aol.com email had been RESTORED and was again WORKING, although my computer had been powered off the whole two days, I DID observe it running like crazy -- the lid closed the whole time, too, so HACKERS have been getting in even when all is powered off.


And the App that I used my Microsoft Outlook/GoDaddy email on, was STILL totally corrupted, but when I have time, I think I can fix it.


Then, it took TWO HOURS to download and install the latest Windows 10 update, and THEN, it told me that computer was too OLD to update to 11 -- only Windows 10 computers manufactured AFTER June 2015, were immediately eligible (I BOUGHT mine in June, 2015), because earlier ones were missing certain needed components -- BUT, Windows has a site to analyze and tell you WHAT you need for YOURS!!! I got the impression many will only need to download some new drivers or similar. I didn't want to spend the time, today, and need to repair the Email App, first.


ALSO, the upgrade is FREE for anyone with Windows 10 or 8 -- but you must buy a License (less than $100.00, I think), if you are running Windows 7, or GOD HELP US, Vista


So far, I LIKE the new condensed, centered initial desktop, everything I had previously set up works as well or BETTER than before. I noticed You Tube videos seem NOTICEABLY BETTER


Also, things I'd messed up -- like opening the sub-window to search for files or images, etc., and I had opened it so WIDE, the button to normalize was OFF SCREEN and I never figured out how to fix that. That never STOPPED me from anything, but it made for FREQUENT, time-consuming extra steps. 

Today, this was AUTOMATICALLY FIXED -- the most irritating thing of my Computer Life!!!


Now, let's get on with FUN STUFF!!!:



Two women I met in New Orleans in the early aughts.


And NEW ORLEANS is in the news -- because the NEWS REPORTS that I reported a couple of weeks ago about Elton John falling and in so much pain he CANCELED the many-months-long American beginning of his up-coming Farewell Yellow Brick Road" tour -- that begins in NOLA in early January, 2022. 



I was afraid Elton -- perhaps the BIGGEST of IGNORANT CHRISTIANS with his giant, glittering cross and his pronouncements of Jesus being a CHRISTIAN, when Christianity wasn't even FORMED YET or split off Judaism, until long after the guy died (well more than "40 days").


I really was concerned that although Elton's pill-popping buddy, Drug-Rush Limbaugh, is now LONG DEAD, he'd get RE-ADDICTED to Opioids. This, of course, is how Elton LOST ALL OF HIS GAY CRED in 2010 in Kenan-owned The Breakers Hotel, Palm Beach:







ALSO, many have been hitting THIS, so I will SOON recontact the whole group around the USMMA US Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY and Pentagon Publishing, Inc. -- since I have NOT YET gotten a COUNTER-OFFER from them:




And I need to write my TENNESSEE WILLIAMS SCHOLARS/LOVERS GROUP -- because last night, I got the following comments to THE FOLLOWING BLOG POSTING -- and I wonder what ELSE the scholars might know about this. I had known Tennessee's actual murderer was hiding in a foreign country -- and made off with a LOT OF STOLEN MONEY, likely from James Purdy's Estate:



James Purdy with John Uecker


4 comments:

Unknown said...

go the Veil is lifted
MURDER!

Unknown said...

bravo scott brilliant book that myers knows the truth
uecker expatriated to morocco with dough

Unknown said...

myers has book THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF FLOWERS/ THE MURDER OF TENNESSEE WILLIAMS

Unknown said...

IS SOMEBODY GOPNNA BUMP OFF MYERS?
HIT IN HEAD FROM BEHIND IN NOLA
M R I
EMERGENCY VISIT


https://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2011/05/finally-truth-about-tennessee-williams.html?showComment=1635201426776#c4283649815226065847


Dr. Larry Myers -- who had once been Tennessee Williams's lover -- met with me in Greenwich Village in 2009, when I took this photo of him:




And a few years ago, I found THIS about him:



Dr. Larry Myers's 2014 MUG SHOT 



See halfway down here: https://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2020/05/surprise-new-tennessee-williams-museum.html


Dr. Myers's and other Professional Reviews of Walking on Glass: A Memoir of the Later Days of Tennessee Williams:


REVIEWS:


John LahrThe New Yorker, and author of  Tennessee Williams: Mad Pilgrimage of the Flesh:


"I wasn't intending to read every word of your memoir; but it says something about how well you wrote it, that I did . . . you've found a very crisp and compelling style. And you come through vividly in it."


Thomas KeithEditor of Tennessee Williams's books for New Directions Publishing:

"Scott has done a beautiful job with his memoir. What makes it stand out from previous memoirs about Williams is its integrity, and the depth to which Scott reveals his own situation, mental health problems, fears, and hopes.

"Because of that integrity, the day-to-day descriptions of life with Williams and Scott's take on the tangle of problems Williams faced near the end of his life are that much more insightful. I also happen to like Scott's ability to describe a person or set a scene--even his thread of commentary on weather, light, and seasons informs us about the sensitivities of the man telling this story."



Dr. Kenneth HolditchWilliams Scholar and Professor Emeritus at the University of New Orleans:


"Having finished your manuscript, I am confirmed in my initial judgment that this is a very fine work indeed. Tennessee really comes alive in your narrative, as do other personages, a few of whom I knew.

"Let me be truthful and say that I put off reading your work because I have read so many–both published and in manuscript–that were handed to me and been much too often disappointed in what I read. That was not the case with your book. I found it spell-binding and raced on through it at the expense of my chores."



Dr. Larry MyersPlaywright/Associate ProfessorSt John's University/Williams Friend & Scholar:


"Your book much seems channeled from some astral plane or higher consciousness. When I read it, HE IS HERE!"






Hans Christian Andersen (Image via Wikipedia)


The Famous Phobic, Chronic-Masturbating Author Who Wouldn’t Leave Charles Dickens’ House


Hans Christian Andersen is one of the most celebrated writers in history and also lived a complicated life

Andrew Martin

Oct 17·5 min read








.

No comments: