Friday, February 7, 2020

RP: My "Love Letter" to the Aviation Industry Includes A LOT OF POLITICS!!!

For WIDER GRAPHICShttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-love-letter-to-aviation-industry.html



Braniff International Airlines Pucci headgear for stewardesses.


Hey Jim,

I happen to like chest hair. In the 1970s, hairy men were all the thing and you could buy Burt Reynolds brand chest-hair wigs. Then smoothies were all the thing until the last couple of years hairy men are back in. That helps my nephews about 30 years old, now, who inherited my hirsute brother's body hair, but I am just moderately hairy, myself, like my Dad was. My mother is not hirsute, but her Dutch/German Meyer side is TOTALLY HAIRY!!!



My 6' 5" brother Mike with his three children at the Meyer Family Reunion, 2009.



Nowhere am I more comfortable than seven miles above earth in a plane. I love everything about flying. For YEARS Gordon Bethune of Continental was my HERO!!! Before that, I always wished I'd flown Braniff, and spent three days researching them before writing a "love letter to Braniff" of sorts, only a couple of paragraphs in my memoir about Tennessee Williams, Texas Kate Moldawer, and I flying a Braniff plane redone in Continental's staid livery from Miami to Houston:

“She charged her ticket to me,” he said to me. “First class.”

Our seats were honeyed leather—as were all the seats in the plane. This had to be one of the 727s Continental had bought from Braniff. I had always wanted to fly Braniff, the airline that dared to transform air travel into a flight of the imagination. Braniff’s designers had adapted Aztec and Hopi motifs, painted their planes in bold colors, and jazzed every detail of the airline’s gear and culture. However, when they ran into financial trouble, they sold several of the jets to Continental. There, like wanton women consigned to the convent, the fanciful birds had been stripped of their proud idiosyncrasies and wrapped in the staid cloak of Continental’s livery. Only the Brazilian leather remained.


In the very early aughts, when airlines were really struggling -- except Delta, which owned about 90% of the stock in Priceline, which was making money hand-over-fist, Delta degraded the airline and passed ALL those profits to stockholders. I contacted Vicki Escarra, the top customer service exec of Delta, and gave her and her sniveling assistant, Woody Stapler, HELL!!! 

Soon, that whole executive team got the BOOT, and "Miss Mascara" as I called her was fired, then hired to head the Atlanta Convention and Visitor's Bureau. They had a kiosk in a prominent place in ATL's premier mall, Lenox Square, and in front of MANY, I totally told her off, and then left before someone called the Law. Because of my height, people are afraid I might take everyone out like a GIANT MONSTER, so I now am more careful in how vehement I get confronting officials in public.

Anyway, I usually fly Delta, and the older flight attendants remember Vicki Escarra and HATED HER, so treat me well when they hear that story. I also pull an attendant aside to explain that in any emergency, I can stand like an "X", press up on the ceiling and block any "violent person" -- but would ALWAYS take my cues from the airline employees.

In early 2010, I took THREE trips to Puerto Vallarta, flying (since then I've mostly driven it), and Delta knew the Government was looking to kill me, and giving me bumps (often then flying via Denver), and $800.00 vouchers each time (all spent now -- mostly on trips 2 and 3)!!! 

Once, when I was leaving PVR, they said they had no seat for me and to wait and they would re-route me after loading. Soon, they announced on the P.A. that they were HONORED to have a HERO pilot from the US Air Force fly in second position and the co-pilot would just ride along. The new co-pilot was trained in avoiding surface-to-air missiles. 

THEN, they said they had FOUND me a seat, and when I boarded, the plane was only 2/3 full -- and the A.F. pilot gave me a special greeting. When I was waiting for my bags at ATL, that guy came down and found me, gave me his card, and we corresponded for a while. You see, Colin Powell's Chief Protocol Officer Dottie Newman had people at Delta watching out for me. I documented it all with his name and photo etc., on my blog at that time.

My first cousin on Mom's side, George Meyer (who everyone knew was gay, effeminate, and lispy when he was young), is partnered with Susan Grant, the 3rd woman to graduate the US Air Force Academy, but stayed on EIGHT YEARS helping to "Christianize it" for the Republican Party. She was also the FIRST United Airlines Female Full Captain flying 747s to Asia from the west coast, and a MAJOR "Romance" author who PREMIERED the sub-category "Romance with Outer-Space Aliens" -- based on dealing with my cousin -- REALLY!!!




And I met her at the 2009 Meyer Family reunion, which was BOYCOTTED by my cousin Jan (Meyer) Opperman's two half-Jewish children -- and NO ONE thought my book on Tennessee Williams was ANYTHING (it had just been contracted to be the TOP hard-cover release of 30 books, spring 2010 by Alyson Books), but that Susan was God's Gift to Humanity!!! http://scottkenan.blogspot.com/2013/04/white-nazis-at-meyer-family-festival.html



Susan Grant, Jan (Meyer) Opperman (then divorced, and she later married the nice Christian Bill Larsen, who died within a year leaving Jan lots of money), and me. Jan broke her leg water-skiing at the reunion. 


My mother had worked with a Veterans Hospital to force Jan's father (who twice admitted to me he is actually Gay), to take double-strength Lithium Carbonate (I still have Mom's handwritten notes that that guarantees "Chemically-Induced Diabetes", which Uncle Bob died of very slowly and painfully as his extremities where amputated one-by one) -- mostly because he allowed Jan to marry a JEW!!!

See, I DO handle things better than most would -- because of my BRAINS and my HEART!!! I do NOT think of myself as powerful because of my height, which I am rarely aware of, but because of my SMARTS -- and I also have a projectile deep voice that knocks people back when I really let loose. Still, I have NEVER been violent in my life.

I love snow too, but now prefer it for short periods and like a warmer climate to live in. I hope you have a fireplace and window to watch the quieting blanket increase!!!

I have lots of reasons to drive to Raleigh and Durham -- I love attending meetings of the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke -- https://kenan.ethics.duke.edu/ -- and have met some TOP DUKE DONORS there, who LOVE ME (Aziz and Vahdat Ahmadieh), and need to pay a visit to NC Attorney General Josh Stein's Office -- or even Gov. Roy Cooper's office. And I can visit my Mom and sister Jane there as well. It's a 2.5 hour drive each way. 

While I have dealt with TWO Governors of States of Mexico, I have only walked into the Governor of Colima's office spontaneously and met him -- with my good friend when I lived in that city in 2010 for several months, Dr. Valdemar Salazar, who knew him well and was best friends with former Mex-Prez Salinas. 

Dr. Salazar was an AMAZINGLY BRAVE opponent of the CIA/Exxon/Episcopal Church and their puppet, then Mex-Prez Enrique Pena Nieto, whom a retired exec of Kenan-controlled Exxon-Mobil told me how Rex Tillerson with some of the wealthy Kenans, Exxon's "Political Operation", the CIA and Hillary Clinton State Department had put into power, and Pena Nieto quickly changed the Mexican Constitution so that my Kenan Family could again make money from Mexican Oil.

Same reason they all put Donald Trump into power -- so Kenans/Exxon can develop Vladimir Putin's Oil Reserves!!!


My Letter to Mex-Prez Vicente Fox, who like me has ties to Cincinnati, OH, which ALSO links to my Letter to Dr. José Octavio Tripp Villanueva, Consul General for Mexico in Dallas, Texas, whom I had dated in 1983 in Atlanta, when he was the Mexican Consul there, then. 


Enough for tonight -- enjoy the snow and time off!!!

This email will be on my blog in a way that does NOT give away your identity.

Scott




I'm 1/16th Cherokee, so FIRST COUSIN to Native Mexicans!!!



.

No comments: