Thursday, December 20, 2018

RP: Gregory Mosher and Kevin Sessums Discuss INTEGRITY in Play Interpretation and Production / I Answer Michael W. Fuglesang Regarding John Uecker's Current Situation / BREAKING: Spofford Circle Apartments Being CLEANED-UP!!!

RE-PRINTED from herehttps://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/12/gregory-mosher-and-kevin-sessums.html



James Purdy and John Uecker in the mid-1980s.




Michael Fuglesang is now CEO of the Norwegian firm Daranor AS, as seen here: http://www.fmsway.com/our-team/


>>> Regarding your earlier inquiry about John 
Uecker:


Hi Michael,

You contacted me via Facebook two months ago, saying you had been close to both James Purdy and John Uecker years ago, and I assume that was while you were a student at Parsons in NYC. I noticed that you researched me via LINKED-IN a few days ago, and realized that I should update you. 

At that time and for the reasons I stated, I told you I assumed he had died, but a Tennessee Williams scholar who read my blog posting documenting our conversation, replied a few days later. John Uecker is alive and well -- and apparently hiding from the Law. That person did not feel free to tell me more than just that.

To refresh our earlier conversation -- and as you see, before doing more research on you, I thought you were CURRENTLY with the Press: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2018/10/top-press-in-europe-just-contacted-me.html

I suppose if reaching John Uecker is that important to you, I could get in touch with that person to see if he/she would be willing to communicate with you and tell you more.

I continue working with Patriots in the USA to get not just Donald Trump into prison, but my wealthy Kenan relatives who control Exxon-Mobil, Bank of America, Coca-Cola, the Ku Klux Klan, nearly all Republicans, and the "Clinton Democrats" -- and run most of worldwide Hard-Drug Trafficking with the Bush, Cheney, and Clinton Families -- as well as corrupted elements in the CIA and US State Department. Trump's first Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson who DESTROYED the State Department, had worked for my Kenan Family his entire life. And my Kenan Family wanted to use BoA and XOM to profit from developing Vladimir Putin's Oil reserves.

You can follow my blog to keep up on our Political Progress: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com.

All best,
Scott D. Kenan



>>> JUST NOW ROBERT JAMES MCKINNEY'S FATHER FORCED ROB TO CLEAN UP HIS APARTMENT (Praise the Lord)!!! 



Rob, who has NOT picked up his US Mail from his box since BEFORE Hurricane Florence, two months ago (I just opened his box to look -- the mailman had compressed the soaked pre-storm mail down and is just STUFFING the newer mail into the box that is so crammed he can't lay it in there), was with his father, replacing the inoperative, partially opened window of his new, used car -- and earlier, I heard his Dad hollering inside the apartment (open windows, and Dad is a BOOMER), about a LOT of things he had to CLEAN UP and REMOVE from the apartment.

Dad made Rob roll his trash and recycle containers (they have been full for a couple of weeks), to the curb -- and pick up some of the empty bottles he had just dropped in the yard.


>>> A DISCUSSION BETWEEN MY FACEBOOK FRIEND KEVIN SESSUMS AND MY PERSONAL FRIEND GREGORY MOSHER:



Gregory Mosher, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Mosher, PRODUCED Tennessee Williams's last full-length play produced in his lifetime, at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago, so I knew him from that -- and like John Lahr, Gregory had a BIG INFLUENCE on my writing of my memoir -- pointing out some errors I'd made about the Chicago production, when I was about halfway finished editing my book.


Here are my three chapters concerned with that production:








Kevin Sessums shared a post.
I have long admired Gregory Mosher for his talent and integrity. I tend to side with directors when estates assert themselves after a playwright has died. I think the play lives on and lives on in lots of ways. Plays are durable and even fallible but they are works of art to be tested in such ways and interpreted and honored and challenged. It is interesting to me that Ivo van Hove - another director I greatly admire - can deconstruct plays by Miller - A View from the Bridge and The Crucible - in ways that are much more radical than the casting of African American actors and those productions somehow got mounted without the same sort of controversy and push-back and a stance being taken by the estate. There is a play itself in that.
Man, I wanted to direct this play. It's so good, and I’ve thought about it so intensely in the past half year. So...I was seeing actors last month when the Miller estate surprised me by stepping in, opining that "the audience" wouldn't accept African American actors as Ann and George Deaver (brother and sister, neighbors to Joe, Kate, and Chris Keller), and withholding approval of this casting choice. People can disagree. I'm sure it was a sincere attempt to protect the script. But All My Sons is not a documentary about life in rural Ohio in 1947, the year it opened. It's a play. It takes place in 1947, yes, because WW2 has just ended. But more importantly, it lives in the audiences' imaginations, along with everything else that's going on in their brains and hearts the night they see it. And I think, finally, that I trusted the audience's imagination a little more than the estate did. What's skin color as compared to guilt, or rage, or despair, or faith, or love? Those are the things that Miller is writing about. I felt the Roundabout shared this trust. But the estate didn't, and so I'm no longer the director. And truth be told, I'm okay about that. I think I made the right choice. We'll see what happens next. Maybe it will all be fine. I sincerely hope so. I wish everybody well.


About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM
Gregory Mosher is being replaced by Jack O’Brien for new production starring Annette Bening.
Comments

Gregory Mosher Thanks, Kevin. I've been wondering that, myself. :-)

Manage





This is by my friend Mark Beard, whom I will write NEXT (and likely today)!!!



"Things are heating UP!!!"

.

No comments: